1364 replies to this topic

#1281 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

The lofts are awesome and everything, but can someone please tell me more about the Beer Garden that is supposedly open on Market? Its on the lofts website, under specialty retail, and sounds like it goes through to Edison.

http://www.beirgarten.com/

The website has no info other then opening summer 2012. Please tell me someone has pics or details about this place.

Did they close up that Jamaican place to build it?

#1282 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

This is all I found with a quick google:

http://www.northjers...html?c=y&page=2

“At the train station, you see homeless people, beggars, people peeing,” said Laszlo Attila, 34, aRidgefield native. “That’s not friendly. You feel the poverty. Right there” — he pointed to a seemingly abandoned four-story structure on Edison Place — “is a boarded-up building.”

Precisely, says Brian Jarwoski of Franklin Lakes, the owner of Brick City Bar and Grill on Edison Place. A perfect example of Newark in transition. In a few months, that boarded-up building is going to be his next venture: Eisenflucht Biergarten, a drinking establishment with 48 residential apartments above. And starting this summer, Edison Place itself will be closed weekdays to create a pedestrian mall.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#1283 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

These are a pretty big moves for the area and how it will look over the next few years...

http://www.nj.com/bu...t_river_default

http://www.nj.com/bu...style_in_t.html

Almost feels like a constant, what will happen first, the Devils start to play again or the whole neighborhood around them changes =-p

#1284 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

Booker should hire Jaime Lerner and Give him "Carte Blanche" thats all.

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#1285 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

These are a pretty big moves for the area and how it will look over the next few years...

http://www.nj.com/bu...t_river_default

http://www.nj.com/bu...style_in_t.html

Almost feels like a constant, what will happen first, the Devils start to play again or the whole neighborhood around them changes =-p

Good news! Hope the established businesses arent suffering too much from the lockout. We need the momentum in this neighborhood to continue full steam ahead.

#1286 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

I'm just dying to get the lockout over with and bet back in the playoffs so we can have all the restauratns rocking this spring =-)

#1287 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

http://www.nj.com/en...ml#incart_river

Why can't we close izod already

#1288 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

Very difficult and political when it comes to the IZOD,thankfully the Christie has been relatively pro Prudential Center but its difficult to close something that is perceived as being a job creator for another county.

#1289 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:34 AM

I always wondered why not to turn the big ass wall on Route 21 into a giant Grafitti Mural.

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#1290 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

Probably afraid the damn thing is gong to fall over =-p

In all sincerity there has been a concerted effort for arts projects like that throughout the city so one day you might see just that.

#1291 oat77

oat77

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

Its been a long time since anyone posted in here. Does anyone have any pics or news about anything going on at The Rock for next season?

Just some info about the new Prudential Tower being built.

Company executives today detailed plans for integrating the project into the surrounding blocks, which include corridors like Halsey and New streets that connect Broad Street to the city's University Heights section. Richard Hummers, Prudential's vice president for financial management, said that strategy includes "wrapping" a 55-foot-tall parking garage with retail and art displays in order to drive pedestrian traffic around it.

http://www.njbiz.com...rk&template=art

"I love working for New Jersey," Burns said. "They've been great to me. They've supported me. (General manager) Lou (Lamoriello) is a godsend for me because he's looked after me, and I know I can stay close to hockey."

#1292 oat77

oat77

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:48 AM

The Newark Dino BBQ is finally getting some live music. I believe that all the other ones did except this one.

The Newark Dinosaur Bar-B-Que now has live jazz every Thursday. This Thursday, June 6, the Newark Dino will have The Urban Soul Collective featuring James Gibbs III playing from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. There is no cover charge and parking tickets from the Edison ParkFast will be validated in the Dinosaur after 4 p.m., providing there is no event scheduled at the Prudential Center.

https://www.facebook.com/DinosaurBBQ

"I love working for New Jersey," Burns said. "They've been great to me. They've supported me. (General manager) Lou (Lamoriello) is a godsend for me because he's looked after me, and I know I can stay close to hockey."

#1293 oat77

oat77

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:37 AM

Krauszer’s Food Stores is coming to Rock Plaza Lofts

Krauszer’s signed a 15-year lease for 2,300 square feet at 216 Market St., making its entry into the Newark commercial retail real estate market.  Krauszer is planning several more locations in Newark, according to Ketul Shah, owner of the Newark store.

This is pretty cool. There's definitely some times I want to get some coffee after a game, and they shut it down in the arena as soon as the games over. And I don't park by, or really liked, the coffee shop by the parking garage. 

I'm from SJ, so I don't know Krauszers. Is the place any good?

#1294 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

Krauszer’s Food Stores is coming to Rock Plaza Lofts

This is pretty cool. There's definitely some times I want to get some coffee after a game, and they shut it down in the arena as soon as the games over. And I don't park by, or really liked, the coffee shop by the parking garage. 

I'm from SJ, so I don't know Krauszers. Is the place any good?

It's a smaler version of 7-Eleven. There's a few across Essex County.

#1295 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:25 PM

Yeah krauzers is about on par with 7-11 but not as good as quik chek or wawa

#1296 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:58 AM

Not a bad little quicke mart.. NOTHING compares to wawas though.. Why don't we have any in north jersey?
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1297 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:01 AM

Not a bad little quicke mart.. NOTHING compares to wawas though.. Why don't we have any in north jersey?

They are creeping into northern NJ.  There is one in Hillsborough and they are going to build one in Bridgewater with a gas station.

#1298 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

they should put them in the rest stops on the parkway
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#1299 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:07 PM

There's one in Parsippany on Edwards Rd.  The only place around that had gas during the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.  Place is a gold mine.

Posted Image

#1300 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

They are creeping into northern NJ.  There is one in Hillsborough and they are going to build one in Bridgewater with a gas station.

there's one in Oakland IIRC and one in Moonachie in south bergen county tho that one might've closed. They're around just not too prevalent

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users