1345 replies to this topic

#1301 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,494 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:01 AM

How's the Prudential Center expected to do with the arena in Brooklyn competing with it now?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1302 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

Wawa are going to be saturating the north with many stores in the coming years. Kind of sad as I'd like them to remain a Central/South jersey thing :P

#1303 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

Prudential center is doing just fine as MSG is MSG so Brooklyn and the Rock represent a two stop stayin the area for most acts. I think the larger issue of owernship needs to be sorted to see how much is invested in hitting that target date of 250 events.

As for development there will be alot to see once the season opens as you should start to see the steel come out of the ground at the new Pru building and miltary park rennovations will be moved along. Add to that teh crab shack as well as hopefully Indigo by the end of year and you will have new restuarants and buildings churning along.

#1304 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:21 PM

teachers village has their website up and I have to give credit to RBH, they are moving a ton of stuff along and it's refreshing to see. Between them, Hanini, Fidelco and Prudential, you have to be excited about the changes coming along.

#1305 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

teachers village has their website up and I have to give credit to RBH, they are moving a ton of stuff along and it's refreshing to see. Between them, Hanini, Fidelco and Prudential, you have to be excited about the changes coming along.

You reminded me that I took some pictures down there on Friday while I was getting lunch!

Teachers Village from Halsey St.and I gotta say it even looks a hell of a lot better in person. Nice buildings, new sidewalks, a bunch of trees planted. It'll kill my free parking but I can't wait to see what businesses pop up around this thing.. It'll also help push crime out of that area making the area around PruCenter that much safer

qysy6u6y.jpg

a6a8a5a2.jpg

Damn I thought I took one of the Prudential construction.. Not much to report right now though as its a giant dirt pit.. Oh well, still very exciting to see all of this construction in Newark

Edited by Colin226, 09 July 2013 - 03:54 PM.

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1306 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

Nice pics, Colin! The area is indeed looking good.

#1307 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:35 AM

Ya the Prudential is going to be crazy when it goes up. They were reporting that the will have it up by the end of next year so we shall see.

#1308 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:15 AM

http://www.nj.com/bu...t_river_default

Great stuff going on aroudn the new Pru site!

#1309 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

The Panasonic building is pretty much complete. I think it's actually unofficially open, in that some employees have moved in this week. While not very tall or original, the tower came out looking pretty nice. Now, let's get those employees coming out to games this season.

#1310 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

The Panasonic building is pretty much complete. I think it's actually unofficially open, in that some employees have moved in this week. While not very tall or original, the tower came out looking pretty nice. Now, let's get those employees coming out to games this season.

Let's get the Panasonic Tower open at the PruCenter's Lafayette entrance.. I really hope they come on as a major sponsor of the team!

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1311 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:24 PM

ya who knows...very curious to see how the whole Panasonic thing plays out.

#1312 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

Yahoo has Newark as the unfriendliest city in America.

http://travel.yahoo....ZW4tVVM-;_ylv=3

#1313 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

One of the abandoned buildings (corner of lafeyette and Columbus) was torn down this past week. Woo hoo! 1 unslightly building down, a whooooole bunch to go!

Devils.

#1314 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

Wow, I remember about 5 years ago I did a partial demolition package for the Hahne's and Griffith buildings.  It was a very problematic demolition due to the basements & parking garages that were to be maintained.  Never went through due to cost and historic reasons. 

Posted Image

#1315 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:39 AM

Ya there is going to be alot of tax credit financing along pru financing to make this happen but it will because the developers involved and it being Pru's neighbor.
In another note, I noticed it hasnt realky been mentioned that our new owners company also owns and manges a few properties in newark already. Hopefully he will get in on the arena district redevelopment as well.

#1316 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

Ya there is going to be alot of tax credit financing along pru financing to make this happen but it will because the developers involved and it being Pru's neighbor.
In another note, I noticed it hasnt realky been mentioned that our new owners company also owns and manges a few properties in newark already. Hopefully he will get in on the arena district redevelopment as well.

Very interesting.. I didn't know that.. Do you happen to know which properties?

Posted Image

#1317 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:23 AM

Off the top of my head no, I remember them presenting at a business forum after their acquisitions talking about how they viewed Newark and Urban markets as Domestic emerging markets. Honestly, the guy presenting came off a bit arrogant but they were investing in the city so I gave it all a pass. From what I remeber though it was a couple of large apartmetn complex properties in the South Ward possibly near Wequihanic park.

#1318 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:07 AM

On a cool note I was down by the river yesterday and not only is the new park opened between freeman and Jackson but the old gas site is looking pretty good (Jackson to the horizon building). Hopefully, we will be celebrating opening that section by next year. In further positive news the walkway between the Clairmont (fbi building) and Penn station is already in and just needs to be opened.

#1319 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

PATH extension to get New Jersey nudge

http://www.railwayag...rsey-nudge.html

#1320 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

PATH extension to get New Jersey nudge

http://www.railwayag...rsey-nudge.html

Sounds from that article like they're wanting to build a new station at the airport. Why not use the existing Newark Airport Station that NJ Transit and Amtrak use?

Also, I only support this if it means a new station for South Street in Newark. Otherwise this move only really benefits Lower Manhattan and Jersey City.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users