1368 replies to this topic

#1341 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

I think from a fans perspective is being able to look at that area as a great place to attend an event and feel pride in your team's home. Whatever JVB's flaws were I think most fans would agree that the move to Newark has been a huge plus for the team.

#1342 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,112 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

I think from a fans perspective is being able to look at that area as a great place to attend an event and feel pride in your team's home. Whatever JVB's flaws were I think most fans would agree that the move to Newark has been a huge plus for the team.

And for the city of Newark.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#1343 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

was interested to see if you guys have seen a difference in Bellos since they rebranded themselves as a "Gastro pub".

#1344 oat77

oat77

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:00 PM

About Bellos. Didn't get a chance to look at the menu. Only had time to get a couple beers. So don't know if they changed it. Still had an incredible beer selection. Had a Czechvar which I never saw before. Was really good.

The biggest update they did was to the outside, which is a huge improvement. Couldn't take a pic because it was raining pretty hard. All brick and nice windows which they said will be open in the summer with some outside seating also. Looks awesome. I think a new floor and new ceiling. All the soccers scarfs are no longer hanging. Forgot to ask if they were going back up. But if you haven't been before, I highly recommend. Escpecilly if you like different beers.

"I love working for New Jersey," Burns said. "They've been great to me. They've supported me. (General manager) Lou (Lamoriello) is a godsend for me because he's looked after me, and I know I can stay close to hockey."

#1345 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,490 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:38 PM

Oops wrong thread

Edited by DevsMan84, 07 December 2013 - 10:38 PM.

#1346 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

ya I did NICOs the other night and if you are ever looking to grab a beer aind free parking it's a smart choice (assuming there isn't a performance that night). I haven't been in Bellos in years but I'm curious what the rebranding brought. I'm also waiting till the spring/summer to see what Indigo brings for choices.

#1347 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:48 PM

Been too long since we had a post here. Anyone know the status of the SoMA project? I know Teacher's Village is moving to completion as part of this, but is the rest of it actually going to happen? Would be huge for the city especially if they get that 1,000+ foot tall building!

http://newyorkyimby....oma-newark.html

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#1348 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,490 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:24 PM

Been too long since we had a post here. Anyone know the status of the SoMA project? I know Teacher's Village is moving to completion as part of this, but is the rest of it actually going to happen? Would be huge for the city especially if they get that 1,000+ foot tall building!

http://newyorkyimby....oma-newark.html

Eh I would say pipe dream at best.  These plans always look great on the drawing board and then never materialize.  Plus if they do they rarely look like the drawings.

A 1,000ft tower brings back hearing stories about the Grant USA Tower.  It was proposed I believe in the 80's by developer Harry Grant to be the world's tallest building at 121 floors.  It never got past the planning stages and was supposed to be at the corner of Broad and Lafayette I believe.

Plus I am not sure if the city or state or PA would allow a 1,000+ft skyscraper to be built so close to Newark Airport anyways.

In short I wouldn't hold my breath on this.

#1349 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:33 PM

Its been forever since I've posted here as well...maybe just trying to not see anything about the F-ing rangers that will get me all aggravated. Anyway, the real news is Military park is open and the Pru is chugging along. I think when people come back around for the beginning of hockey season they will want to wander 4 blocks over to check it out. Hopefully by then more of the market st work will be completed as well.

#1350 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:06 AM

http://www.newarkpul...ofts-Opens.html

Phase 2 of RockPlaza is marked by the opening of 48 loft-style apartments at the six-story Madison Building, located at 216-218 Market Street, and the near-term opening of several new retailers including the first Newark location of the national eatery Chipotle Mexican Grill.

In addition to Chipotle, which is anticipated to open before the end of June, other new retailers include Krauszer’s Food Stores; Mercato Tomato Pie, an independent restaurant-pizzeria featuring traditional coal-fired pizza; and Novelty Burger & Bar, a throwback to the 1950s diner and drive-ins featuring burgers, hot dogs, shakes and a full bar.

The new residential units at the Madison include 48 studio, one, and two-bedroom loft rental apartments featuring stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, hardwood floors, 24-hour in-unit key access, windowed elevator lobbies and in-unit washer/dryers. The Madison, originally constructed in 1890, underwent a complete restoration and historic renovation when outfitting the new apartments.

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#1351 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,490 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:14 AM

Hate Chipotle but the other restaurants sound interesting.

#1352 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:31 AM

So yes things are moving along and Indigo I think is set for August/September for opening after all the delays. I think their will be a bunch of new food choices come hockey season so good news for the fans. On The development side the RBH guys are plugging along and I think as long as the new mayor keeps his head out of his behind and stays out of the way things will move along.

#1353 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

On a bizarre note, I just saw posted that BCBG is actually closed. Hopefully someone steps into there as I like having options along Edison.

#1354 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

So yes things are moving along and Indigo I think is set for August/September for opening after all the delays. I think their will be a bunch of new food choices come hockey season so good news for the fans. On The development side the RBH guys are plugging along and I think as long as the new mayor keeps his head out of his behind and stays out of the way things will move along.

Curious what you mean by plugging along.. I know the Teacher's Village is moving to completion but are any of their other plans good to go or in the process?

#1355 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

Tons of other developments in that area and up through the universities. RBH has ownership interest in properties on Market as well and they have been consistenly moving forward with them. The other nice additions outside of Rock Plaza and the new Indigo are a shade North with what is happening at 1160 Raymond (new hotel), The Carlton (Also new hotel) and the huge project with the Prudential as well as the Haynes building. Then its a question of when they start on the NJPAC building and "Shaq" residential building and how long it takes Rutgers to get their new residential building fully renovated and Cablevision to open up.

#1356 BJones

BJones

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:35 AM

BCBG closing sucks.  Upstairs bar was the only non-crowded place to get a drink before a game.

#1357 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,490 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:48 PM

BCBG closing sucks.  Upstairs bar was the only non-crowded place to get a drink before a game.

BCBG was also grossly overpriced (well more so than the others) and their food wasn't anything special.  From what I see on HF Boards apparently Houlihans and TGIF's are interested in their spot.

#1358 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:40 AM

A conversation on HF allowed me to uncover some renderings of Hotel Indigo that I thought you guys might enjoy:

Lobby
EWRBS_2123965018_9244121916_S.jpg

Cocktail Lounge
EWRBS_2123971355_6575259399_P.jpg

#1359 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,490 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

Looks nice.

What are the chances they will not allow anyone in a Devils jersey at their bar and rooftop bar on game days like Loft 47 did when they opened up?  These hipster "boutique" hotels like to enforce rules like that.

#1360 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

Looks nice.

What are the chances they will not allow anyone in a Devils jersey at their bar and rooftop bar on game days like Loft 47 did when they opened up?  These hipster "boutique" hotels like to enforce rules like that.

Wow I didn't realize Loft had that policy (and you're referring to their 2nd level right?).. Clearly had to get rid of that haha!

I'd say 2 things probably indicate that Devils jersey will be allowed up there from the start:

1) This piece of copy from the Hotel Indigo Newark website: "The Hotel Indigo Newark Downtown is the closest hotel to the Prudential Center's main entrance. Enjoy a pre-event dinner in our restaurant and return to our roof top lounge for a night cap among the city lights!". So hopefully they realize that people coming back from an event (Devils game) will be in their jerseys

2) An NJ.com article came out in May discussing how Josh Harris invested in the project in order to ensure its completion. I have got to believe that if he's involved, they'll be a little more Devils-friendly than they otherwise might have been, but we'll see

Btw that article has a really nice sketch of the hotel bar, which looks pretty big!

15019940-mmmain.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users