1364 replies to this topic

#1361 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,125 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:27 AM

They will probably allow jerseys, but there is that outside chance it might happen.

Yeah Loft had that policy the first few weeks it was open.  It was not just upstairs, but the entire bar/lounge/restaurant.  I heard they felt like the jerseys made the place less "classy."  They changed because it was becoming a ghost town compared to Dino, EAH and BCBG.

That is why I do not really patronize them as they basically looked down on Devils fans and only changed their policy because they were losing a ton of business.

#1362 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:21 AM

Interesting tidbit from yesterday's Star Ledger piece on the Devils' owners:

Repaired the contentious relationship with Newark leadership that festered under previous ownership, leading to renewed hope of a N.J. Transit substation and a park outside the arena entrance.

http://www.nj.com/de...sey_sports.html

I have never heard anyone mention an NJT substation immediately outside the arena. Anyone else know anything about that? What would be the point of the park out front if everyone is taking a train right to the arena? Still, I think this would be awesome and encourage more fans to come to games if they don't have to walk up from Newark Penn

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#1363 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,125 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:24 AM

I have never heard anyone mention an NJT substation immediately outside the arena. Anyone else know anything about that? What would be the point of the park out front if everyone is taking a train right to the arena? Still, I think this would be awesome and encourage more fans to come to games if they don't have to walk up from Newark Penn

Substation won't ever happen.  Will always be a pipe dream.

Park is a possibility, but I am not holding my breath.  If the park idea happens it probably won't happen for at least another couple of years.

#1364 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,423 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:46 AM

Good read. Crazy that Harris has made $397 million in the last year alone... Dude's swimming in it.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1365 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:26 PM

I think the nice part is that all the North side the the arena and some of the west are being developed. Certainly the area to hang out before and after events is getting better so that's pretty good to see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users