The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:11 AM

I took this from Wired NewYork:
[quote]Cushman & Wakefield Named Leasing Agents For Liberty Plaza

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Betsy Kraat

NEWARK-- Cushman & Wakefield, Inc. has been named exclusive marketing agent for the office component at Tucker Development Corporation
Posted Image
I! I believe! I believe that we! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!

#142 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:43 PM

I have done a little homework on the Isley Building at 35 Edison Place. I found this article from www.newarkrbp.org Link. I then found this website Link 2 which is the developer's site. It has very interesting pictures of various plans around Newark including 35 Edison Place.
Here is a list of the projects...
Newark Downtown District
33 Washington Street
35 Edison Place

Some interesting statistics on 35 Edison Place.
- Ground floor retail space of 2500 Square Feet
- Full Basement
- $50 a square foot
- Two story restaurant (Brick City Bar and Grill)
- Four loft style apartments
- Brick City Bar and Grill will take up 6,000 square feet

I called up the number it gives for Brick City Bar and Grill and the man who picked up said that it is going to open within the next month- month and a half. The article also says that the four loft style apartments are currently for rent. I'm going to head down there next month to check out the entry plaza, 35 Edison, and what ever else is going on down there.
Posted Image
I! I believe! I believe that we! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!

#143 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:46 PM

I love Jeff Vanderbeek. Every single thing I've suggested thusfar has been given due consideration and a large part of it has been implemented.

http://www.njdevs.co...o...22635&st=80

Well, ND5, another one of your suggestions has come through. The Rock to get a sculpture
Posted Image

#144 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:02 PM

I have done a little homework on the Isley Building at 35 Edison Place. I found this article from www.newarkrbp.org Link. I then found this website Link 2 which is the developer's site. It has very interesting pictures of various plans around Newark including 35 Edison Place.
Newark Downtown District
33 Washington Street
35 Edison Place

- Full Basement
- $50 a square foot

I called up the number it gives for Brick City Bar and Grill and the man who picked up said that it is going to open within the next month- month and a half. The article also says that the four loft style apartments are currently for rent. I'm going to head down there next month to check out the entry plaza, 35 Edison, and what ever else is going on down there.

Pretty cool!

#145 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:02 PM

As always, great work TR07. We've been hearing whispers about the Brick City Bar and Grill for a while now, so it's nice to see something concrete. It's even nicer to see that it will be open in time for the start of the season. People thought Vanderbeek was crazy, but this arena really is helping to turn around downtown Newark.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#146 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:12 PM

One more thing, in one of the articles that I found while researching the topic, the Deputy Mayor of Newark said that they are planning on breaking ground on a new hotel near the arena within the next year. Could this be along with the much anticipated Triangle Park???

Edited by The Rock 07, 24 July 2008 - 04:13 PM.

Posted Image

#147 oat77

oat77

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:11 PM

Newark Downtown District
33 Washington Street
35 Edison Place

- Full Basement
- $50 a square foot

The BCB&G website is up,(didn't know if posted) and it looks like a really good menu. A lot to pick from. And most importantly it sounds like it will be a good place to hangout at the bar and not just a bar to sit at while you wait for a table.
http://brickcitybarandgrill.com

"I love working for New Jersey," Burns said. "They've been great to me. They've supported me. (General manager) Lou (Lamoriello) is a godsend for me because he's looked after me, and I know I can stay close to hockey."

#148 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:09 PM

The BCB&G website is up,(didn't know if posted) and it looks like a really good menu. A lot to pick from. And most importantly it sounds like it will be a good place to hangout at the bar and not just a bar to sit at while you wait for a table.
http://brickcitybarandgrill.com

Thanks oat! That's a brand spankin' new site. Great website and a great menu! Can't wait till this place opens!

Edited by The Rock 07, 26 July 2008 - 08:17 PM.

Posted Image

#149 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:08 PM

Thanks oat! That's a brand spankin' new site. Great website and a great menu! Can't wait till this place opens!

Yeah me 2
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#150 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 09:25 PM

Hey everybody!
I'm going to be heading down to Newark on Tuesday (5th) to check out what's going on around The Rock. Any requests of where I should take pictures of? Also, how's the food at the Arena Bar because I plan on having lunch there unless Brick City or any other of the restaurants that are supposed to open this summer are open.
Posted Image

#151 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 09:32 PM

Hey everybody!
I'm going to be heading down to Newark on Tuesday (5th) to check out what's going on around The Rock. Any requests of where I should take pictures of? Also, how's the food at the Arena Bar because I plan on having lunch there unless Brick City or any other of the restaurants that are supposed to open this summer are open.

From my experience, the food at Arena Bar is extremely forgettable. Best food around the new barn IMO is at Scully's (the Dublin Decker is heaven between slices of bread), but a lot of folks around here seem to be fond of Hell's Kitchen (only went there once myself and wasn't all that impressed).
Posted Image

#152 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 09:37 PM

Thanks Dano. I'll probably go there instead. I've heard mixed reviews of Arena Bar but I'll check out Scullys. Here's their website if anybody is interested. Scullys

Edited by The Rock 07, 03 August 2008 - 09:38 PM.

Posted Image

#153 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:27 AM

The practice rink @ The Rock has been renamed the Amerihealth Pavilion @ Prudential Center. Link

The pictures will be coming soon from my trip into Newark...
Posted Image

#154 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,799 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:35 AM

The practice rink @ The Rock has been renamed the Amerihealth Pavilion @ Prudential Center. Link

The pictures will be coming soon from my trip into Newark...

That's an ugly name, I'll just keep calling it the practice rink.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#155 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:47 AM

:clap: :clap: More sponsors means more $$ so we can sign more over the hill players :clap: :clap:
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#156 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:05 PM

It's been called the WHAT?

#157 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:36 PM

It's been called the WHAT?

LOL, they still haven't named the Fire Lounge... I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before it becomes the Taco Bell Fire Lounge.

#158 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,103 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:40 PM

LOL, they still haven't named the Fire Lounge... I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before it becomes the Taco Bell Fire Lounge.

No No No...The BK Flame broiled Whopper Lounge.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#159 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:29 PM

OK, I'll put up my summary of stuff around the arena tomorrow... But Shaq has just announced that he will be building a $90 million, 25 story condo tower in Downtown Newark. It will be built near NJPAC and will be Newark's third tallest building. The condos will be market rate. Link
Shaq is from Newark. I wonder if we ever get an NBA team at The Rock like the Bobcats, Nets, or Grizzlies if he become a part owner or something...
Posted Image

#160 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:37 AM

OK, I'll put up my summary of stuff around the arena tomorrow... But Shaq has just announced that he will be building a $90 million, 25 story condo tower in Downtown Newark. It will be built near NJPAC and will be Newark's third tallest building. The condos will be market rate. Link
Shaq is from Newark. I wonder if we ever get an NBA team at The Rock like the Bobcats, Nets, or Grizzlies if he become a part owner or something...

Wow. Now is this the first high-end condominium tower getting built in Newark since this whole downtown rejuvination? One way or another, it's a good sign for the city. And good for Shaq, giving back to his hometown.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users