66 replies to this topic

#41 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,007 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:04 PM

I don't get TSN but people on HF are saying that their broadcast is reporting that he is out of surgery and resting comfortably. His wife is on her way from Florida to accompanying him. Good news, it looks like he will be ok.

Via HF, I heard that one of the doctors actually held his artery on the way to the hospital, that came from the Sabres telecast tonight. Thank God everyone was able to act quickly and correctly.

Edit: Panther's Website also confirms that he is resting after his surgery.

Edited by thefiestygoat, 10 February 2008 - 11:09 PM.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

My New Jersey Devils Prospect Blog
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#42 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:25 PM

My goodness did that bring bad bad flashbacks of Clint Malarchuk getting cut almost 20 years ago...gave me chills....
I just watched it on DVR, man I am so Zednik will be ok.

This picture tells the whole story from a fans perspective:

Posted Image

#43 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,861 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:34 PM

My goodness did that bring bad bad flashbacks of Clint Malarchuk getting cut almost 20 years ago...gave me chills....

Posted Image

Wow... that picture speaks volumes. I'm just glad Zednik is going to be okay. The first thing I thought of when I saw this was Clint Malarchuk. Prayers for a speedy recovery.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#44 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,569 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:39 PM

Posted Image

I just got the worst chills looking that picture. Man. Scary.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#45 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:45 PM

It looks like the latest is that Zednik is out of surgery and resting. NHL Network said that the Panthers will provide un update tomorrow morning.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#46 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:52 PM

Wow that was horrible! Hopefully he suffers no blood clots or complications.

#47 LA03

LA03

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:10 AM

Oh wow.. that is horrific. Glad to hear he's in stable condition.

#48 brodeurrocks

brodeurrocks

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:33 AM

Unbelievable....I hope he recovers fully.

Posted Image

Official Keeper of David Clarkson's Open Ice Hits!

Official Keeper of the stains on Chico's shirt and tie from "Chico Eats" episodes!

#49 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:44 AM

Congrat to all the doctors !
Glad he will be ok (at least I hope)

#50 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:01 AM

NHL medical teams have to be some of the best in the sports business, they always seem to respond so fast.

I remember when jiri fischer suffered heart failure on the Bench, and he was saved by the doctors, who worked so quickly to rectify the problem. Other sports such as Soccer could learn a valuable lesson, 3 players have died on the field in the last year and a half.

Glad Zed's is OK, i have always liked him as a player, and he had just started to find his form this season, hope he recovers back to full health.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#51 XxLancerHockeyPridexX

XxLancerHockeyPridexX

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:17 AM

I saw this last night. Its sooo sad, I really hope he's okay. This makes me think of Malarchuk(sp?), I dont know I dont think theres really anything the NHL could do to prevent this from happening again but I dont think it would hurt to try.
Now you trust me, I carry that so tight
I'll be there for you, if your wrong or your right
It doesn't matter, just reach out to me
I will never question, any opportunity to show you
And prove to you that I care, always you share and you've always been there
Your my best friend, it's easy to see
No matter how bad things in life can be..
...You've always got me...
Joshua James(06/20/08)

#52 NJDevsFireOnIce

NJDevsFireOnIce

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:22 AM

this was the weekend for injurys...2 refs zednik & Cleary from the redwings broke his jaw

hope all of them are doing okay :pray:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lazy

#53 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,569 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:38 PM

Glad Zed's is OK, i have always liked him as a player, and he had just started to find his form this season, hope he recovers back to full health.

Me too. I've always rooted him on, he's been a random favorite player of mine for years now. Josh and I were talking about this last night, we both agreed that had we been at that game last night, we would have left -- it would have been too much to handle. Glad Zeddie should be okay, thoughts and prayers are with him no doubt.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#54 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:40 PM

Send Richard A Message

Florida Panthers Feb 11, 2008, 10:13 AM EST

Richard Zednik continues to recover Monday morning at Buffalo General Hospital after undergoing surgery for a neck laceration suffered during Sunday’s game against the Sabres.

Certainly, Richard, his family, teammates, and the entire Panther organization sincerely appreciate the overwhelming show of support from fans and players around the world.

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and best wishes to Richard below. We will leave this ‘Get Well Page’ on FloridaPanthers.com and then present Richard and his family your thoughts and good wishes when he returns to South Florida.

*Messages will be loaded on this page throughout the day and night. Please make write your messages in English so that we can post them.*

Stay tuned to FloridaPanthers.com for updates on Richard and all other Panther news.

Again, thank you for your support to Richard and his family.

#55 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:12 PM

I am so thankful he is going to be okay. He was in my prayers last night. That photo of the fan reaction says it all.

I'm just glad that he had the presence of mind to stay on his skates and get to the bench as fast as he could. If he had sunk to the ice, it would have taken enough longer for help to get to him, that it might have been a life-or-death decision.

:pray:
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#56 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:16 PM

Should we start calling Ollie Jokinen, OJ?

Too soon?
Posted Image

#57 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,776 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:17 PM

Should we start calling Ollie Jokinen, OJ?

Too soon?

That is very clever !

#58 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:23 PM

Me too. I've always rooted him on, he's been a random favorite player of mine for years now. Josh and I were talking about this last night, we both agreed that had we been at that game last night, we would have left -- it would have been too much to handle. Glad Zeddie should be okay, thoughts and prayers are with him no doubt.

Very tough call IMO for the NHL on whether to cancel the game or not...I was thinking 'man I could go either way on this at this point' and would have had zero issue if they had stopped the game.

I was also thinking about the Kevin Everett injury in Buffalo this past September, he was carted off, completely motionless, and the game went on. it is such a tough call at that point, but again, if it were me, I would have probably canceled it. But kudos to the Sabres for announcing clearly that Zednik was stable and a nice standing O for Zednik IMO was a nice move by Buffalo fans.

#59 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:01 AM

Here's a link to a really good article about Malarchuk's reaction to all this. It's very interesting:

Calgary Herald
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#60 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:30 PM

Here's a link to a really good article about Malarchuk's reaction to all this. It's very interesting:

Calgary Herald

Wow I didn't realize he was that emotionally affected by it. Not that I blame him at all, but I was always under the impression that he was joking around about it soon after the incident and played it down and such.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users