18 replies to this topic

#1 Devils1985

Devils1985

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:56 AM

So I watched part of the Stars/Coyotes game last night (6pm local start = nobody there for the first period; brilliant move!).

How completely unimaginative are the Stars uniforms? The word 'Dallas' and the players' number. Plus they're all black; and on Vs. they reported Turco told them he sometimes has trouble finding the puck in a scrum because of all the black uniforms. The old logo is on the shoulder.

I dunno, their old ones seemed fine to me. I'm glad the Devils don't mess with their uniforms. Maybe I'm a stick-in-the-mud but I like the identity that develops with a consistent look.

What's your favorite uniform? I must say I like the Wild uniforms a lot. Vancouver would be near the bottom; whichever version. The supremely ugly "V" jerseys take the prize though.
Posted Image

Trenton: Where we flip off the Kiss Cam.

#2 UConn86

UConn86

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 10:09 AM

I agree, I don't know why teams feel the need to change their jerseys/logos. Some of those 3rd jerseys back in the 90s were horrendously bad. At least Lou has said the Devils will never get a 3rd jersey.

#3 Niaure

Niaure

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 10:12 AM

I think there is a similar thread around here.... And if talking about NJ, I also love the jerseys they wear now,and don't want any changes
Posted Image

#4 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:00 PM

Could not agree more. The seasons they won the cup the Green STAR formated jerseys were brilliant.

The current jersey's just suck.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#5 NJDevsFireOnIce

NJDevsFireOnIce

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:01 PM

Could not agree more. The seasons they won the cup the Green STAR formated jerseys were brilliant.

The current jersey's just suck.

agreed.

& I think we have one of the best jerseys around :koolaid:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lazy

#6 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:09 PM

Yeah, I actually like the Stars home blacks. The white is awful.

#7 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:09 PM

I agree. Those new designs are disgusting. The Ducks, for example, a grade 1 kid can create a better design. The stars are getting worst; a buffalo or a slug, it's your call; the capitals, I believe the old one with the eagle is better than their "current", but IMO the entire "eagle" jersey needs to modify the colour scheme though. The Canucks, meanwhile, I don't think they improve the outlook of their new look jersey, but at least those do not take a downgrade either. The Sharks are OK. But overall, none of those new designs impress me.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#8 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:14 PM

I agree. Those new designs are disgusting. The Ducks, for example, a grade 1 kid can create a better design. The stars are getting worst; a buffalo or a slug, it's your call; the capitals, I believe the old one with the eagle is better than their "current", but IMO the entire "eagle" jersey needs to modify the colour scheme though. The Canucks, meanwhile, I don't think they improve the outlook of their new look jersey, but at least those do not take a downgrade either. The Sharks are OK. But overall, none of those new designs impress me.

It's a snot smear :whistling:

#9 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:17 PM

Out of all the teams that re-did their uniforms, I think the Caps did the best job. I never understood how a team named the Capitals playing in Washington D.C. didn't have red, white, and blue as the primary colors in their unis.

The new unis that annoy me the most are the Oilers and Panthers. They've got the half-Flyersesque shoulder stripes that go the length of the sleeve along with half-elbow stripes like what we have. Pick one or the other. Together it just looks weird.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#10 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:39 PM

The whole point of the new Stars uniform is that they look like football jerseys, they're trying to attract a new crowd I guess.
Posted Image

#11 Brad

Brad

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:00 PM

As far as uniforms go, the blackhawks are way up there for me.

#12 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:10 PM

Their logos/jerseys have never been good IMO. That game last night just seemed very boring, and I thought it was very classless to broadcast (in HD, mind you) the entire sequence of Richard Zednik being cut and then all his blood spilling out.

Edited by DevilNurn, 12 February 2008 - 04:10 PM.

#13 ZuljinRaynor

ZuljinRaynor

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 10:44 PM

I never understand what's so great about the 'Hawks jerseys. :/

#14 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 10:56 PM

I agree, the Hawks jerseys are nice especially in black.
Posted Image

#15 LOULAM1

LOULAM1

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:08 PM

Horrible. I mean this is brutal as I can't stand the colors and the blue coloring is way off. I know this is not a NHL Jersey as I was looking for the Calgary 3rd jersey but I had to show you this train wreck of a hockey jersey. Brutal! :boogie:
Posted Image

#16 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:10 PM

Horrible. I mean this is brutal as I can't stand the colors and the blue coloring is way off. I know this is not a NHL Jersey as I was looking for the Calgary 3rd jersey but I had to show you this train wreck of a hockey jersey. Brutal! :boogie:
Posted Image

It took me a minute to find the hockey jersey hidden in this picture. And I find myself uninterested with said jersey.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#17 brodeurrocks

brodeurrocks

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:14 PM

Out of all the teams that re-did their uniforms, I think the Caps did the best job. I never understood how a team named the Capitals playing in Washington D.C. didn't have red, white, and blue as the primary colors in their unis.

The new unis that annoy me the most are the Oilers and Panthers. They've got the half-Flyersesque shoulder stripes that go the length of the sleeve along with half-elbow stripes like what we have. Pick one or the other. Together it just looks weird.

Yeah, the new Oilers whites look like practice jerseys. Very drab.

Posted Image

Official Keeper of David Clarkson's Open Ice Hits!

Official Keeper of the stains on Chico's shirt and tie from "Chico Eats" episodes!

#18 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:34 AM

I agree, the Hawks jerseys are nice especially in black.

The new Bruins jersey are nice as well.
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#19 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:42 PM

How completely unimaginative are the Stars uniforms? The word 'Dallas' and the players' number. Plus they're all black; and on Vs. they reported Turco told them he sometimes has trouble finding the puck in a scrum because of all the black uniforms. The old logo is on the shoulder.

I dunno, their old ones seemed fine to me. I'm glad the Devils don't mess with their uniforms. Maybe I'm a stick-in-the-mud but I like the identity that develops with a consistent look.

The prior Stars uniforms were probably the ugliest in the league, IMO.

Now that are basic and nice.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users