#41 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:30 PM

Can't hold his jockstrap, but Marty can't beat him. :rofl: :clap: :dance:

Marty won his first cup his second full season. Lundqvist is in his third and is still trying.

#42 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 03:54 AM

Marty won his first cup his second full season.

If you could call a 48-game season a "full" season...

Truth be told, it took Marty about 1 1/2 seasons to get his first.
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#43 MrQuotes

MrQuotes

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 05:44 PM

you're right, marty has been on a huge scoring drought that is fvcking unacceptable

Edited by MrQuotes, 29 March 2008 - 05:45 PM.

Posted Image

Keeper of Newark Arena's first mugging victim

#44 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:18 PM

Lundqvist is in his third and is still trying.

and will never succeed. =]
Posted Image Posted Image

#45 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:46 PM

I'm surprised how reasonable the people seemed on the WBB board.... Tip of the cap to them for realizing how dumb it is to "troll" on this guy's part lol...

#46 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:51 AM

Typical Ranger fan retort. It's the Devils "scorers" that haven't been able to beat Lundqvist this season. Marty's played well enough to win some of those games.

Besides, I remember how you ran and hid when the Devils swept the Rangers in the '06 playoffs...now suddenly someone's feeling brave.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#47 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:01 AM

Besides, I remember how you ran and hid when the Devils swept the Rangers in the '06 playoffs...now suddenly someone's feeling brave.

Exactly. All tough and trash talking then the Devs win the Division and sweep the Rag$ and we don't hear from El Slobo until the Blue Girls win a few games.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#48 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:31 AM

Typical Ranger fan retort. It's the Devils "scorers" that haven't been able to beat Lundqvist this season. Marty's played well enough to win some of those games.

Remember... these are the same people who try to argue that Richter was better than Marty.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#49 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:53 AM

Remember... these are the same people who try to argue that Richter was better than Marty.

At the very top of their games and for a brief time it was close. Richter was hurt by injuries and bad teams, but Marty was (and still is) at his best far longer than Richter was. Richter also had a penchant for giving up some odd goals.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#50 mackchi

mackchi

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:01 PM

At the very top of their games and for a brief time it was close. Richter was hurt by injuries and bad teams, but Marty was (and still is) at his best far longer than Richter was. Richter also had a penchant for giving up some odd goals.

Everyone who plays for the Rangers is great....no matter what they do or don't do. The NY media puts that spin on it.

If Brodeur played for the Rags he would be given the keys to the city... :rolleyes:
LET'S GO DEVILS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users