66 replies to this topic

#1 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,026 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 02:45 PM

Tonight's the season and home opener for the Red Bulls.

They are playing the Columbus Crew (1-0) tonight at 7:30pm. The game is on the Fox Soccer Channel.

This is my first year with full season tickets so I'm hoping for a loud crowd tonight and a nice win.

If your going to the game be sure to get there a little early since the Nets are playing at the same time as well.

Lets go Red Bulls!!!

#2 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:00 PM

Go Galaxy! They got crushed 4-0 by Colorado in the first game, but rebounded to win the second game 2-0 over San Jose. Beckham had his first goal in that win, set up by Donovan, then he set up Donovan for the other goal.

I'm thinking about heading to the 7/19 game when they play the Red Bulls.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#3 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:02 PM

Once the galaxy signed Beckham they lost my respect. Beckham isnt even the best player on that team, and he still is grossly overpaid.

#4 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:25 PM

Once the galaxy signed Beckham they lost my respect. Beckham isnt even the best player on that team, and he still is grossly overpaid.

But he has cool tattoos and is married to Posh. B )

I'll be honest, I used to follow the MLS a lot more (back when it was the NY/NJ Metrostars, I don't dig this NY Red Bull but play in NJ stuff), then I stopped for a bit, but Beckham coming over here got me back into it. He may not be the best, but it seems like he is raising awareness and putting people in the seats based on what I have been hearing about in the media. (I could be wrong, I never looked at attendance figures so please correct me if need be)

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#5 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:45 PM

The attendance has gone up since Beckham arrived. The Galaxy season ticket more than double their price i believe. Its good for the MLS, but I like the Premier League much more. A few european leagues want to have a few games here, ill be at the stadium in 5 seconds if Liverpool, Chelsea or Milan come. If they do that the MLS might die out, so im not sure what will happen.

#6 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,026 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:51 PM

The attendance has gone up since Beckham arrived. The Galaxy season ticket more than double their price i believe. Its good for the MLS, but I like the Premier League much more. A few european leagues want to have a few games here, ill be at the stadium in 5 seconds if Liverpool, Chelsea or Milan come. If they do that the MLS might die out, so im not sure what will happen.

Teams have come to play games at Giants stadium before. The MLS is still here. I like the Premier League as well but I don't enjoy it very much because I don't really have a team I can support and if I can't go to games I kinda lose interest. Everyone knows the MLS isn't anywhere close to the level of the EPL but you're not really suppose to compare the 2 anyway. The talent in the MLS gets better every year and the games are pretty entertaining.

#7 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:21 PM

I have to respect that the MLS has paniced yet to make a gimic to people to watch, they do good old soccer.

#8 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,026 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:22 PM

Red Bulls played a fantastic game tonight. They won 2-0 and scored in less than a minute of the game starting. The defense looked solid and the offense had plenty of good scoring chances. Conway wasn't tested that much but he looked strong in goal as well.

Tonight was a nice break from hockey.

#9 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:25 PM

If Becks and Landon get it together with Ruiz - they will be a fun team to watch.
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#10 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,026 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:47 PM

If Becks and Landon get it together with Ruiz - they will be a fun team to watch.

Ruiz is going to be out for awhile with an injury but I agree when he gets healthy they should be great to watch.

#11 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:07 PM

Not a very good game from New York yesterday.. sure they started well but honestly, Columbus was just caught sleeping.. Other than the first 15-20 minutes, it was ALL Columbus.. Too bad nobody can hit the net on their team lol.. I think they only got like 2 shots on Conway.

GO RED BULLS!

On a site note, i cant believe Angel didn't score on that penalty.. although his slow movement towards the ball made it obvious where he was going.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#12 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:09 PM

I wish FIFA would rule out the 'stutter' penalty - - it makes no sense and looks ridiculous .
Posted Image

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

#13 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:09 PM

I wish FIFA would rule out the 'stutter' penalty - - it makes no sense and looks ridiculous .
Posted Image

#14 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:25 PM

On a site note, i cant believe Angel didn't score on that penalty.. although his slow movement towards the ball made it obvious where he was going.

If you followed Mr angel in his Aston villa days I'm sure you wouldn't be surprised :P

In a game against Tottenham he skied a penalty about 15 feet over the bar,
(language isn't great on this clip :P)

then moments later

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

If i remember correctly he had a few more like that in his time.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#15 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:33 PM

Anyone know why Altidore didn't play? He was a reserve on the bench but when Osario took out Echeverry, he put in Wolyniec.. Is it to "get used to" the absence of Altidore b/c he is going to a Euro club?
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#16 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,026 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:12 PM

Anyone know why Altidore didn't play? He was a reserve on the bench but when Osario took out Echeverry, he put in Wolyniec.. Is it to "get used to" the absence of Altidore b/c he is going to a Euro club?

He hurt his knee at one of the Olympic qualifier games .

#17 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:25 PM

Is he expected to transfer to a Euro club this year?
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#18 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,026 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:49 PM

Is he expected to transfer to a Euro club this year?

Your guess is as good as mine. I do believe he will stay this season but after this year I believe he will go.

#19 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:51 PM

I still think he needs to develop more with another 1-2 years in MLS..
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#20 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,026 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:31 PM

I still think he needs to develop more with another 1-2 years in MLS..

I agree but we all know there is a ton of $$$$$ overseas plus the leagues over there is where everyone wants to playl so I wouldn't blame him if we wants to go. Since I love the Red Bulls though I hope he never leaves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users