66 replies to this topic

#21 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:34 PM

A smart euro team will have no problem throwing money at a player who might become good in 1-2 years. Just the question is who. Recently 2 or 3 ncaa players have gained some interest from the euro league. I forgot the other one or two but a junior at Seton Hall was one of them, he averaged over a point a game in a difficult conference.

#22 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,150 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:00 PM

I agree but we all know there is a ton of $$$$$ overseas plus the leagues over there is where everyone wants to playl so I wouldn't blame him if we wants to go. Since I love the Red Bulls though I hope he never leaves.

He didn't even have a good year last year.. 7 goals..? how is that any special? Dont get me wrong hes only 17 (which makes it great) but i think its a tad too early to jump the gun with him.. if he were to play next year in Europe he would struggle.. still needs development hes too young; hes no wayne rooney

Edited by nmigliore, 08 April 2008 - 03:00 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#23 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:10 PM

He didn't even have a good year last year.. 7 goals..? how is that any special? Dont get me wrong hes only 17 (which makes it great) but i think its a tad too early to jump the gun with him.. if he were to play next year in Europe he would struggle.. still needs development hes too young; hes no wayne rooney

Well he actually had 9 and played in a few less games than everyone else and he also had 2 multi-goal games. The reason teams are so interested in him is because if hes dominating at this age in the MLS than he should only get better when he gets older cause his body is still growing and he is getting more experience.

Here are the leaders in goals last season...

GOALS
PLAYER TEAM GP GOALS
Luciano Emilio DC 29 20
Juan Pablo Angel NY 24 19
Taylor Twellman NE 26 16
Eddie Johnson KC 24 15
Maykel Galindo CHV 28 12
Ante Razov CHV 26 11
Christian Gomez DC 27 10
Jozy Altidore NY 22 9
Landon Donovan LA 25 8
Robbie Findley RSL 25 8

#24 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:38 PM

I donot watch much MLS, i find the quality of the soccer to be pretty low, I watch alot of EPL, pretty much anythim Chelsea, MAn U< Liverpool or Arsenal Play, also like to watch teh Americans ( McBride, Dempsey & Bocenegra are ont he same team ) plus Howard also... The trio are in serious trouble of being relegated....

Also I watch alot of Champions league
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#25 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:31 PM

also like to watch teh Americans ( McBride, Dempsey & Bocenegra are ont he same team ) plus Howard also... The trio are in serious trouble of being relegated....

Also I watch alot of Champions league

methinks that may have something to do with it ... :rolleyes:
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#26 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,150 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:20 AM

Juve vs Milan, huge game.. 2:30 est on FSC, ill be watching that along with the Mets game.. but anyway then at 8:30 on MSG its the NY Red Bulls @ FC Dallas..

GO RED BULLS, GO MILAN!

by the way, this is again something off topic but Ronaldhino is coming to Milan!!!
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#27 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:45 AM

Are the Bulls still playing at Giants stadium or did they move to Harrison yet?
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#28 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,150 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:46 AM

still at the crapper.. they are moving Summer of 2009 of i believe
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#29 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,150 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:07 PM

So.. um.. they made the postseason in what was a roller coaster season.. they really didnt deserve to make it with that 5-2 loss vs the Chi-Fire to end their season but the Crew defeated DCU to lift RBNY into the playoffs..

RBNY will face Houston next Saturday to start the playoffs.. GO RBNY POSTSEASON 2008 - YA GOTTA BELIEVE!
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#30 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:09 PM

My Galaxy had such a great start and then it all fell apart. I don't remember off the top of my head but they had something like a 13 game winless streak that just killed them. :argh:

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#31 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:09 PM

It was pretty sick when the redbulls goalie scored. Reminded me of marty.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#32 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 03:32 PM

yesterdays game was pretty sad.
Langenbrunner is #1
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#33 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,150 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 05:33 PM

Yea they needed to get at least a lead going into Leg #2 @ Houston.. they are probably done, i doubt they go into Houston and get a W, but you never know.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#34 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:35 PM

I may be in Houston for the game.

#35 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:48 PM

My uncle is probably going to do some scouting for team USA soccer.
Langenbrunner is #1

#36 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,150 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:06 PM

Wow the 'Bulls are leading 2-0 (3-1 aggregated) in Houston after the first half.. 45 more minutes of solid defense and the RedBulls will have pulled a big upset and heading to the Conference Finals :blink:
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#37 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:13 PM

Yes. Fun first half. Definite hand ball that Shep still hasn't seen.

Houston needs three to advance.

I'm assuiming if it ends 2-2 Red Bulls advance due to road goals?

Is that true also in the MLS?

What are the Red Bulls doing in the Western Conference?
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#38 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,150 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:19 PM

Yes. Fun first half. Definite hand ball that Shep still hasn't seen.

Houston needs three to advance.

I'm assuiming if it ends 2-2 Red Bulls advance due to road goals?

Is that true also in the MLS?

What are the Red Bulls doing in the Western Conference?

No, road goals dont count in MLS.

Houston is going to score at least a goal, im sure of it.. RedBulls can use a put-away goal..
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#39 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,150 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:51 PM

WOW!! 3-0 RedBulls, 4-1 aggregated!! I cant believe they just upset the former Champs and wrecked them at their own Stadium!

And to top it all of, Real Salt Lake, a team that barely squeeked into the playoffs, will face the 'Bulls in the Conference finals!! GO RBNY!!!!!
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#40 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,150 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:32 PM

Crew defeated the Fire 2-1 on Thursday night to advance to the MLS Finals, congrats to them.. Im glad the Fire are out..

Red Bulls leading 1-0 at RSL right now at the half.. 45 minutes to go.. O.M.G. .. Will the Cinderella run continue?!! COME ON REDBULLS KEEP IT UP FOR 45 MORE MINUTES!!
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users