29 replies to this topic

#1 Zerve

Zerve

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:07 PM

Posted Image

A baby born in India with two faces is being worshipped as the reincarnation of a Hindu goddess.

One month old Lali suffers from an extremely rare condition known as cranofacial duplication where a single head has two faces.

Locals are hailing Lali as the return of the goddess Durga, traditionally depicted with three faces and many arms.
Posted Image

#2 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:10 PM

Its not a re-incarnation of anything.. its just a deformed baby. I dont think i've ever seen that.. closest thing that comes to mind is conjoined twins
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#3 njdss4

njdss4

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:23 AM

Its not a re-incarnation of anything.. its just a deformed baby. I dont think i've ever seen that.. closest thing that comes to mind is conjoined twins

Same. It might have been twins at one point. Still, a deformed baby is not a re-carnation of a god. It certainly shouldn't be paraded around like some freak.
Posted Image<--- Thanks RunninWithTheDevil!
REALISTS ARE NOT PESSIMISTS
"If that's a penalty, we should just stop playing hockey." EJ Hradek on a bad penalty call against Langs
"I still keep in touch with Jay and Gio, but Marty won't even speak to me!" - $cott Gomez
^ Marty is just like Devils fans, HE CAN'T STAND TRAITORS AND THE RANGERS EITHER!
Posted Image of the Kansas City Scouts and Colorado Rockies

#4 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:31 AM

Its not a re-incarnation of anything..

Gee, ya think?
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#5 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:46 AM

Gee, ya think?

:rofl:
Yeah - boy am I glad you guys clued us in - I was really kind of freaked out at first.

Also - though for real -- I don't see her as "deformed" - she looks really pretty to me in the picture - so what if x2?

I wonder how everything works for her - does everything meet properly at the right place so she can just be 2 faced? What if she can make 2 faces - control them independently - so she can smile with one side of her face and roll her eyes with the other -- that would be SOOOO freaking cool for her!

I'm here for the party

#6 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:19 AM

The news snippet I heard said that the eyes all blink at the same time and that she is able to eat using either mouth.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#7 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:31 AM

Do you think both sets of eyes work??? That would be really disorienting!

But then, she really would have eyes in the back of her head. ;)
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#8 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:38 AM

Do you think both sets of eyes work??? That would be really disorienting!

But then, she really would have eyes in the back of her head. ;)

I don't even know if it would be disorienting if all eyes worked. Since they will have worked since birth that's just how her brain will learn how to see, just like our brains learn how to see with 2 eyes. She'll end up comfortably having like 280 degress of vision. That would rock on the sports field.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#9 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:59 PM

This is a perfect example of how religion strips people of common sense.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#10 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:17 PM

Or how people use it to give themselves permission to invade this interesting person's life, someone who they really have no business or right to intrude upon at all. It's all about control - common sense or lack thereof has nothing to do with it.

I'm here for the party

#11 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:51 PM

You would feel dumb if it turns out she really is a re-incarnation of some goddess and came back to smote you. I'm not saying I believe it, but don't piss in people' cheerio's because you don't.

#12 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:06 PM

The news snippet I heard said that the eyes all blink at the same time and that she is able to eat using either mouth.

Thats pretty interesting, i wonder if the two mouths go to the same esophagus, or if there are two. Also would be weird, if she had two voice boxes, although thats doubtful.

#13 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:46 PM

You would feel dumb if it turns out she really is a re-incarnation of some goddess and came back to smote you. I'm not saying I believe it, but don't piss in people' cheerio's because you don't.

Can we create a new board award: the dude that contradicts EVERYTHING award.

Ze Squish thinks to himself "no I don't"

I'm here for the party

#14 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:18 PM

Union Carbide strikes again :angry: :angry: :angry:
Is that a Japanese configuration?

#15 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:06 PM

Union Carbide strikes again :angry: :angry: :angry:

This didn't really happen near Bhopal.

#16 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:31 AM

Can we create a new board award: the dude that contradicts EVERYTHING award.

Ze Squish thinks to himself "no I don't"

I have no problem getting that award if its a reflection of someone who thinks it's intolerable for people to mock other religions because they feel their own is superior. There is no less reason to believe this girl is a re-incarnate of some old goddess then to believe in ghosts, or aliens or *gasp* even god.

But hey, I guess you were really funny there, amirite?

#17 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:59 AM

I have no problem getting that award if its a reflection of someone who thinks it's intolerable for people to mock other religions because they feel their own is superior. There is no less reason to believe this girl is a re-incarnate of some old goddess then to believe in ghosts, or aliens or *gasp* even god.

But hey, I guess you were really funny there, amirite?

My parents/family are Hindu and would have laughed at the notion this was a reincarnation too.

#18 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:12 AM

My parents/family are Hindu and would have laughed at the notion this was a reincarnation too.

If you are implying they think it is ok to mock religions or beliefs not of their own, I'm glad they are as disrespectful as others in this thread. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

#19 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:50 AM

If you are implying they think it is ok to mock religions or beliefs not of their own, I'm glad they are as disrespectful as others in this thread. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Uh, I said they were Hindu, how is it mocking religions/beliefs not of their own?

#20 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:36 AM

Uh, I said they were Hindu, how is it mocking religions/beliefs not of their own?

Maybe that was a little vague, when i said "beliefs not of their own" I was referring to the specific belief that she was a reincarnate, not all hindu beliefs. The sentiment I take issue with what df26 said, that people who believe this have no common sense; who are you, your parents / family / anyone in this thread to judge what is and isn't common sense when it comes to religion?

If thats not what your parents / family are doing, and I fully doubt that they would but I don't really know them, then I don't know why you brought them up to begin with.

Edited by squishyx, 10 April 2008 - 10:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users