530 replies to this topic

#241 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,802 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:51 PM

And no sooner do I say this, but Elias gets a fvcking roughing penalty. Son of a bitch.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#242 goalieguy87

goalieguy87

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

towards the end of the first period the devils seemed to look tired and dead, all of a sudden in the second period the boys come alive. FINISH STRONG BOYS!!! LETS GO DEVILS!!!
Marty Saved My Soul And Took It Straight To Hell
Jersey Collection Updated 5-8-09 http://community.web...r/goalieguy1987
Posted Image
Co-Keeper of Jay Pandolfo
Keeper of Doc's "A Big Drive!!"
Keeper of Mike Peluso's crying fit in game 4 of the 95 Finals

Keeper of Brian Rolston, Lou's Cap, and Lou's "Don't worry about my cap"

#243 zachattack9

zachattack9

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

fvck YOU STAN FISCHLER WITH YOUR LOOSE SKIN AND OLD BALLS

LOL

#244 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

One period to go.

Devils will have to tighten up defensively.

Marty will have to make some game savers. No softies either
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#245 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

I'm still pissed about Avery's tactics...That's gotta be a penalty..i mean for nothing else than 2 for being a fvcking douchbag.
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#246 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:52 PM

Seriously if we lose this game we deserve to be swept. Momentum switched after the tying goal the Rags backed off some and gave us room I saw confidence in the devils for the first time in lord knows how long. WE HAVE TO WIN THIS GAME.
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#247 njdevilsluva

njdevilsluva

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:53 PM

I'm still pissed about Avery's tactics...That's gotta be a penalty..i mean for nothing else than 2 for being a fvcking douchbag.

see him infront of marty wouldnt of gotten a penalty. but he hit marty on the side with his stick and i though that would get something.
Posted Image

3 cups........

RESPECT EM

#248 Motor City Devil

Motor City Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:53 PM

I really can't believe how biased the announcers are for VS. They absolutely hate the Devils... Nothing the Rangers do is a penalty, and they sound completely dejected that their team is down 3-2.
Seriously, they are terrible. They can't even get excited about Elias's goal, or what a douchebag Henry finally looked like on Parise's goal. I guess the outside of NJ, no one would care, but that is really sh!tty.

The main announcer actually slipped once mid-way through the period and said "King Henry" when he was talking about him heading the puck in the corner. What a dumbass. Besides being biased, these guys just plain suck. Their calls are not reflective of how exciting this game is.

On a side note, We could have had 1 more if Clarkson could hit the net. That beat Henry clean...
Re-educating Wings fans since 1995.

#249 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:54 PM

It's sweet fvcking justice that both Devils goals were scored on the PP :clap: . Clarkson gets high sticked and draws blood but it's only a 2 minute penalty? Right....... Vish gets a bullsh*t penalty for a clean hit which led to us going down by 2 men. Complete disgrace.

MAAAAARTTTTYYYYYY!!!!!! Bunch of stupid a$$holes. We know Avery likes to play both sides of the field but did he really need to gaze into Marty's eyes during that 5 on 3?

Hopefully we can kill the penalty to start the third, which btw is another joke call.

Let's do this!!!

Edited by SickMan, 13 April 2008 - 07:56 PM.

New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#250 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:55 PM

Wow, what a game! Exciting sh!t!

#251 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:55 PM

Clarkson fails at life srsly.
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#252 Zerve

Zerve

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:56 PM

Out of all of that how is Elias the only one to be assessed a penalty.
Posted Image

#253 ilzz89

ilzz89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

I think devils are starting to figure out rangers, wait a little more that creates opening.

#254 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,722 posts

The main announcer actually slipped once mid-way through the period and said "King Henry" when he was talking about him heading the puck in the corner. What a dumbass. Besides being biased, these guys just plain suck. Their calls are not reflective of how exciting this game is.

To think, I was wishing we would get the VERSUS telecast because I'm tired of the MSG nonsense. I'm surprised Cangelosi hasn't made that mistake (yet). I'm glad I just turned on the radio tonight and have the TV on mute.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#255 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:58 PM

I really can't believe how biased the announcers are for VS.

Why not? Don't you remember their constant ball-sucking of Messier last year and all the playoff commercials showing playoff moments in which each commercial involved either something the Rangers did over a decade ago or someone beating the Devils?
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#256 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:00 PM

TSN's talking about Avery's little show in front of the net...

I mean yeah it's not against the rules but isn't it kind of making a mockery of the game?

I'm not going to get over this anytime soon and it sounds HORRIBLE but if I was Marty I woulda double handed whacked him in the shins with my stick..I mean that's a reason I don't play but seriously

QUOTE (Motor City Devil @ Apr 13 2008, 07:53 PM)
I really can't believe how biased the announcers are for VS

I've been thinking the same thing for the entire game, homers

Edited by annabelle, 13 April 2008 - 08:01 PM.

This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#257 DEVILS>Rangers

DEVILS>Rangers

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:00 PM

If nothing else goes right tonight, hearing Rupp call Mara a f**king bitch on live TV made my night.

youtube

i need to hear this

#258 DevilsRule2008

DevilsRule2008

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:01 PM

Why does everyone hate the devils? I don't understand.

#259 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:01 PM

Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please
Win the 3rd period & get this series smokin' again.
DO IT DEVILS!!!!

#260 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:02 PM

Why not? Don't you remember their constant ball-sucking of Messier last year and all the playoff commercials showing playoff moments in which each commercial involved either something the Rangers did over a decade ago or someone beating the Devils?

Oh I remember those commercials clear as day. We deserve it because the Devils ruined hockey. Don't you remember? Now if we only played pressure defense.....

As for the Ranger clips, it's all those j.o.'s have anyways.

I seriously loathe that franchise with every fiber of my being.
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users