#423 Cowutopia

Cowutopia

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:20 PM

WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN JOHNNY MADDEN!

So I missed the first 5 minutes of the game because it was blacked out in delaware on vs. (I'm visiting my girl) so we head to the sports bar and the VS HD channel is on and has the game, but I already missed the first goal. I goal in the first five minutes? I was incredulous. Then, with 10:30 left in the game, tied 3-3, the HD feed cuts out, probably blacked out also, and I raced home and heard the ending on nhl.com. Unbelievable.

The referees originally called the first goal a no-goal but for one of the few times this year the video review was indisputable.

Lots of bullsh!t calls in this one too. How was the high-stick on Clarkson not a double-minor? He was bloody!

#424 Cowutopia

Cowutopia

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

So I missed the first 5 minutes of the game because it was blacked out in delaware on vs. (I'm visiting my girl) so we head to the sports bar and the VS HD channel is on and has the game, but I already missed the first goal. I goal in the first five minutes? I was incredulous. Then, with 10:30 left in the game, tied 3-3, the HD feed cuts out, probably blacked out also, and I raced home and heard the ending on nhl.com. Unbelievable.

The referees originally called the first goal a no-goal but for one of the few times this year the video review was indisputable.

Lots of bullsh!t calls in this one too. How was the high-stick on Clarkson not a double-minor? He was bloody!

#425 Zerve

Zerve

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 16 posts

I worry for the next game. With all the crap the refs let fly in that one some of our star players are going to be targeted more. Parise got knocked around so often with no call I hope it doesn't happen next game also. Its great to get one back now lets keep it going.
Posted Image

#426 brodeurrocks

brodeurrocks

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:21 PM

Dedicated fan! :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Official Keeper of David Clarkson's Open Ice Hits!

Official Keeper of the stains on Chico's shirt and tie from "Chico Eats" episodes!

#427 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:22 PM

the devils had every reason to quit in this game. horsesh!t call on vishnevski, nonsense call on salvador (i've seen that called, the NHL has to fix that) - and then avery scores. every reason to quit and they didn't.

zubrus with a monster game even though he recorded no points. elias scoring a goal. not all the goals were pretty but they were goals - HENRIK IS SOLVABLE - both PP goals were examples of switching up the formation a little.

Lundqvist plays far too deep in his net, I hope the coaches realize this and show the boys what to do.
We can really exploit this weakness, a perfect example was Elias' goal.

#428 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:23 PM

I AM NOT SORRY FOR THIS DOUBLE POST!

F Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnnie Madden! clap clap!

clap-clap-clap!

clap-clap-clap!

clap-clap-clap!

clap-clap-clap!

clap-clap-clap!

#429 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:23 PM

That was an awesome victory. You know fans always joke about refs calling a game for one team but after three games I don't even know anymore. I honestly don't. I am sure the NHL would hate for us to ruin their second round dream matchups:

Montreal - New York
Pittsburgh - Washington

What Avery did was incredibly smart but bush league to the full extent. I am sure the NHL will step in fast before more players adopt these methods, although I doubt anyone would sink that low.

Huge props to Oduya and Martin. And of course John Madden who is becoming the leader on the ice.

Marty played solid, but it seems to be the same problems over and over again. He can make the incredible stops, but he really has trouble with the band angle shots and the quick turn around shots that seem to completely surprise him. It seems he is good to give up one of thise every game.

Win the next one and we have home ice back.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#430 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,046 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:24 PM

WE'RE ALIVE BABYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHNNIE MADDEN!!!!!!!! ALL GIVE IT UP FOR THE NAMESAKE!!!!!!! :boogie:
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#431 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:25 PM

Amazing!

#432 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,069 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:25 PM

just a sidenote, but langenbrunner is having a really terrible series. so bad in fact that i have to think he might be injured.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#433 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,739 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:26 PM

Posted Image

STAYING ALIVE

#434 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:26 PM

Devils beat Rangers + Refs.
Bruins beat Habs + Refs.

'Tis a good night.

Nice call Don, absolutely spot on.

#435 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:27 PM

http://img391.images...ourhousewo0.jpg

#436 goalieguy87

goalieguy87

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:28 PM

Marty Saved My Soul And Took It Straight To Hell
Jersey Collection Updated 5-8-09 http://community.web...r/goalieguy1987
Posted Image
Co-Keeper of Jay Pandolfo
Keeper of Doc's "A Big Drive!!"
Keeper of Mike Peluso's crying fit in game 4 of the 95 Finals

Keeper of Brian Rolston, Lou's Cap, and Lou's "Don't worry about my cap"

#437 brodeurrocks

brodeurrocks

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:28 PM

just a sidenote, but langenbrunner is having a really terrible series. so bad in fact that i have to think he might be injured.

I was thinking the same thing during the second period. He looks very frustrated and is handling the biscuit like it's a time bomb.

Posted Image

Official Keeper of David Clarkson's Open Ice Hits!

Official Keeper of the stains on Chico's shirt and tie from "Chico Eats" episodes!

#438 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:29 PM

tri - i don't think he's injured. he's just not particularly fast and that shows vs. the rangers who are.

i was going to call out gionta for being a complete no show but he got his groove in the 3rd - didn't cash in, but had some nice chances.

as for the GWG, its about time the Devils get one of those. I've seen too many goals against Brodeur in the same fashion.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#439 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:29 PM

don't forget that fvcker waved off sarge's goal...
damn miracle the nimrods in toronto reversed it, you know they were looking at every possible angle to negate it...

Good man, I'm glad you brought it up.
I do agree that they were trying to negate it, but I think the reason they didn't was because it was a national broadcast, and with the history this season of Toronto wiping out four legit goals by the Devils, they HAD to give it to us.

IMO there was nothing to review, it was a legit goal.

#440 DEVILS>Rangers

DEVILS>Rangers

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:36 PM

i just remembered that the Devils were down 2-1 and battled all the way back and outscored them 3-1
great effort, bring it Wednesday

DONT STOP BELIEVIN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users