530 replies to this topic

#141 Ally

Ally

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 06:49 PM

My fault. That link was for the Flames game later. Here's the Devils one. - Link

If that doesn't work try to copy and paste http://tinyurl.com/2sdotb into Media player as a stream.

or here's the link where I got it from.

http://www.myp2pforu...-streaming.html

Thank you soooooooooooo much! :clap: this is way better than a refreshing scoreboard!

#142 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 06:50 PM

What the fvck is that? More bullsh!t officiating by the fvcking NHL. I can't even take this league seriously anymore.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#143 zachattack9

zachattack9

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

BS! call on zach

#144 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,937 posts

Some PP, although it would be nice if some of the cross-checks ON Zach were called :angry:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#145 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

WTF is a makeup call????? This league is getting ridiculous. I cant believe this. Even the commentators are saying that was just called for the sake of calling a penalty.

Edited by Anhkheg, 13 April 2008 - 06:52 PM.

#146 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Ally if you can and bitch loud enough at scumcast, you can get $20 credit from them

... I still ain't watchin :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#147 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

fvcking horrible horrible call. We get a penalty for Drury htting Parise. fvck this. We've got no chance with all this bullsh!t.
Never underestimate the scoring force of the almighty one named Scott Stevens, who is destined to become the greatest Power on Earth.

Posted ImagePosted Image

NJ Devs Keeper of Glenn Chico Resch and CAA Sections with Row 2 as the first row.

#148 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,795 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 06:51 PM

Rangers win the period, Devils weather the storm

Still, they have to skate and hit better in the 2nd.

Drury went into Parise. Parise didn't cross check him, just picked his stick up in self defense and Drury ran into him. No similarities to the Backman hit.

Refs are going to call that more often than not. Especially if the guy loses his helmet

Edited by '7', 13 April 2008 - 06:53 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#149 ilzz89

ilzz89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 06:53 PM

Devils are playing scared, not good. Too much chasing around.

#150 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,771 posts

Why do the dumbass Rangers fans do that MAAAAARTY chant after every single god damn goal they score? Is he really that great that they expect to never score a goal on him?
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#151 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,891 posts

The Rangers are possessing the puck entirely too much for my liking. We have to start winning more loose puck battles and get better in the face-off circle. The goal they scored was weak. I'm sure Marty wants that one back.

Edited by MadDog2020, 13 April 2008 - 06:57 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#152 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,795 posts

Devils are playing scared, not good. Too much chasing around.

Period 1 at the Garden, Rangers pumped up, crowd defeaning. It's to be expected.

White has not played a good period
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#153 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 06:55 PM

OK yeah the call on Avery was pretty weak but the refs don't HAVE to go and make themselves look even worse by making another bs call on Zach...UGHHHH

We look pretty sloppy out there..but it's all good, We'll be bringing it in the 2nd.....
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#154 Motor City Devil

Motor City Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 06:57 PM

Yet another disgusting bad-angle goal given up by Marty. Unreal. You think MAYBE, JUST MAYBE next year he plays less than 70 games? :rolleyes:

Hasan, I've watched the replay on my Hi-Def like 30 times now... If you want to blame someone, blame White for not moving his feet to get to that puck, or better yet, madden for not going down to block it. He stays on his feet, and it goes off his left instep. That's why it went under Marty - he was guarding short-side, and it deflected back to his other side.

My PC is not hooked up to the Tivo now, but that's they way it went. Watch Maddens reaction again, he doesn't even turn around towards Marty, he just hangs his head...

Too bad for Marty, the stupid announcers are having a field day at his expense. Between the Jagr goal in game 2, and this goal - he's "out of sorts"... Which is bullsh!t.

Actually- I just want to add, that is the one "down-side" to Marty versus a butterlfy goalie. I actually think the Jagr goal and this last one by Dubinski would have been stopped by someone with super-fly pads just going down and playing the percentages. Carey Price or someone would have just made his triangel and let the puck hit him... I'd still take Marty any day. I'm just getting sick and tired of blaming Marty all the time. How many times can the guy bail this team out? I know he needs to if we are going to win with this team, but on the other hand - White and Madden just don't want it like some other teams. I was watching the Pens game, and the Caps game and there are guys diving all over the ice to make plays. The Devils just seem to be going through the motions...

Sorry for the long post.

Edited by Motor City Devil, 13 April 2008 - 07:02 PM.

Re-educating Wings fans since 1995.

#155 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,795 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 06:57 PM

That's the best full period the Rangers have played in the series so far.

#156 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 06:59 PM

cmon devils

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#157 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,891 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:00 PM

That's the best full period the Rangers have played in the series so far.

I agree with that. And they're still not beating us. Which tells me if we step it up, we can beat these guys.

Edited by MadDog2020, 13 April 2008 - 07:01 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#158 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:01 PM

Rangers win the period, Devils weather the storm

Imo you have had a good feel for this series and you're spot on again. Not exactly what I was hoping for from the Devils but they made it out 1-1. We got a lucky break on our goal and the Rangers got one that Marty should have had.

There is one thing that concerns me greatly though. Marty made some great saves that period but it's so obvious he isn't on his game 100% right now. At least to me he isn't. You can just tell in his stance. He's playing very tight which is not a bad thing but when he is firing on all cylinders you'll notice that he just has a much more aggressive stance and takes up more of the net. I don't think it's so much a problem with his own game rather then the fact that he does not trust his defense right now. They're doing a lot of running around out there and I think he's trying to compensate and that is why we're seeing these "off" looking goals.

Well......Just gotta keep plugging away. Still waiting for Elias and Parise to pot a damn goal.

Backman is a scumbag btw.

Edited by SickMan, 13 April 2008 - 07:03 PM.

New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#159 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,795 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:05 PM

Imo you have had a good feel for this series and you're spot on again. Not exactly what I was hoping for from the Devils but they made it out 1-1. We got a lucky break on our goal and the Rangers got one that Marty should have had.

There is one thing that concerns me greatly though. Marty made some great saves that period but it's so obvious he isn't on his game 100% right now. At least to me he isn't. You can just tell in his stance. He's playing very tight which is not a bad thing but when he is firing on all cylinders you'll notice that he just has a much more aggressive stance and takes up more of the net. I don't think it's so much a problem with his own game rather then the fact that he does not trust his defense right now. They're doing a lot of running around out there and I think he's trying to compensate and that is why we're seeing these "off" looking goals.

Well......Just gotta keep plugging away. Still waiting for Elias and Parise to pot a damn goal.

Backman is a scumbag btw.

Completely right, Marty is fighting the puck too often. He usually makes it seem easy and effortless, that period he was out of position a few times and compensated by flopping.

The Rags have been able to carry the puck into our zone with ease, and often with numbers. No 2 on 1's I can remember, but 3 on 2's all the damn time. And they've been able to strip our defenseman and keep cycles going one pucks that should have been cleared out of the zone.

And the Rags continue to clog up shooting lanes. I can't remember many good chances by NJ after the first 7 minutes or so of the game

Edited by '7', 13 April 2008 - 07:05 PM.

#160 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:06 PM

Actually- I just want to add, that is the one "down-side" to Marty versus a butterlfy goalie. I actually think the Jagr goal and this last one by Dubinski would have been stopped by someone with super-fly pads just going down and playing the percentages. Carey Price or someone would have just made his triangel and let the puck hit him... I'd still take Marty any day. I'm just getting sick and tired of blaming Marty all the time. How many times can the guy bail this team out? I know he needs to if we are going to win with this team, but on the other hand - White and Madden just don't want it like some other teams. I was watching the Pens game, and the Caps game and there are guys diving all over the ice to make plays. The Devils just seem to be going through the motions...

Sorry for the long post.

How long has it been since he bailed them out in April? Exactly once in the last five years, and it wasn't so much bailing the team out as it was everyone played well in the Ranger series two years ago. He certainly isn't failing in the playoffs because he isn't clutch, three Cups proves that. I don't think he's hiding an injury. But it's just having this insane workload behind a patchwork defense eventually gets to you mentally and I'm tired of it every damn year, and tired of fighting other Devil fans who think Marty should play as many games as he wants to because 'he knows his own body'. I hoped that Sutter was giving him enough rest between games so that it wouldn't be a factor this year but once again, it is.

Edited by Hasan4978, 13 April 2008 - 07:07 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users