530 replies to this topic

#161 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:07 PM

I agree with that. And they're still not beating us. Which tells me if we step it up, we can beat these guys.

Our best players need to be better. Hopefully they have another gear. I'll give the Rangers some credit. They're not going to give this series away. If the Devils want to advance they're gonna have to elevate their play.

Hopefully they will settle down in the 2nd period.
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#162 Motor City Devil

Motor City Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:07 PM

There is one thing that concerns me greatly though. Marty made some great saves that period but it's so obvious he isn't on his game 100% right now. At least to me he isn't. You can just tell in his stance. He's playing very tight which is not a bad thing but when he is firing on all cylinders you'll notice that he just has a much more aggressive stance and takes up more of the net. I don't think it's so much a problem with his own game rather then the fact that he does not trust his defense right now. They're doing a lot of running around out there and I think he's trying to compensate and that is why we're seeing these "off" looking goals.

I agree with you... See my post above. I don't think he looks "tight" I just don't think he has much confidence in his D-men right now. There's no way White should miss that puck getting it out, and Madden has no business getting stuck in no-mans land like he did... and then he doesn't even go down to block it. I think we are just spoiled. Marty is the best positional goalie in the league, but there are broken plays that happen, and given his style, I don't think he gets "lucky" like other goalies. Take game 2 for example... Mottau or someone almost scored on the PP by shooting it wide - it caromed off of a d-man, and just hit Lundquist in the arm and he was looking the other way. It seems with Marty, if a broken play goes on - he doesn't get those saves that just hit him...

This goal was weak, I just don't think that was his fault. Most of the goals that go in on Marty are "weak" - he stops everything he sees 98% of the time. It's just the weird ones he doesn't get because he doesn't play that bullsh!t, cop-out butterfly style that so many guys do.

Edited by Motor City Devil, 13 April 2008 - 07:08 PM.

Re-educating Wings fans since 1995.

#163 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:08 PM

Here we go, time for the annual parade of "Marty is tired" posts to begin.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#164 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:12 PM

Damn, almost looked like Mottau shot on Brodeur there.

Callahan takes a penalty. Cash in boys!

Also, how the hell was that icing on US on the powerplay. The Rag deliberately slowed up when he could have played it! :angry:

Edited by '7', 13 April 2008 - 07:14 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#165 JesterDevil

JesterDevil

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:13 PM

WTF. High stick draws blood and it's only 2 minutes!!!!?

#166 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,189 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:14 PM

WTF. High stick draws blood and it's only 2 minutes!!!!?

Figures, they couldn't screw us before on the goal so they're doing it now :rolleyes:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#167 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:14 PM

Great opportunities and we can't cash in!!!

Madden...too fancy

Vishnevski going to the box. Time for a shorthanded goal!

Edited by '7', 13 April 2008 - 07:16 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#168 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:18 PM

5 on 3. We're screwed :angry:

#169 DevilsRule2008

DevilsRule2008

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:19 PM

Clarkson was bleeding, Vitaly didn't elbow, goddamnit.

KILL THIS AND TAKE THE MOMENTUM

#170 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,189 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:20 PM

And Avery again...game over, series over :rolleyes:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#171 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

That could be the series folks

#172 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

UGHHHHHH I wish someone would just fvckin peg Avery in the back of the head with the puck when he's sitting there facing brodeur ...What a peice of shi!t

Edited by annabelle, 13 April 2008 - 07:21 PM.

This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#173 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:21 PM

Funny how Pandolfo's stone hands come back at the worst times!

#174 zachattack9

zachattack9

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:22 PM

Such Garbage

#175 NHLDevils43

NHLDevils43

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:23 PM

I know there's not technically a rule against it.... but how the hell do they let avery get away with that sh!t?!?!?!?! :argh:

#176 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,477 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:25 PM

It's unfortunate on the second goal because a Ranger ran right over Marty during one of the replays while killing the 5 on 3.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#177 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Someone needs to take out Sean Avery. Take the 5 and take him OUT. There is NO PLACE for this behavior in a game unless you're admitting that you're a team full of pussies. This impudent behavior cannot be tolerated.

Where is Scott Stevens?
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#178 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

UGHHHHHH I wish someone would just fvckin peg Avery in the back of the head with the puck when he's sitting there facing brodeur ...What a peice of shi!t

BUSH LEAGUE!!!!!! I swear to God I would choke the life out of that little sh*t with my own hands if I had the chance.

Edited by SickMan, 13 April 2008 - 07:48 PM.

New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#179 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,421 posts

This is insane. I've NEVER seen anything like the refs in this game. It's almost worth the devils just putting down their sticks and leaving the ice in protest. Forfeit because this is -- it's beyond anything I've ever seen. Parise gets a cross check for protecting himself... Avery is allowed to wave his stick in front of Brodeur's face? WTF? Some team is going to hand the rangers their ass

I'm here for the party

#180 DevilsRule2008

DevilsRule2008

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:26 PM

So you can grab a player by the side of the head and rip them down?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users