#401 njdevilsluva

njdevilsluva

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:09 PM

yea shows what a class act marty is.

he didnt do it cuz avery got away with so much this year, and marty doesnt have respect for him.
Posted Image

3 cups........

RESPECT EM

#402 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:10 PM

Avery disrespects the game and Marty all series yet hes class less because he doesnt shake his hand? Wow you have an interesting way at judging character.
Posted Image

#403 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

avery was talking crap about his marriage throughout the whole playoffs. he didnt deserve a handshake
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#404 ZuljinRaynor

ZuljinRaynor

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Just showed a shot of the shaking; niether Marty or Avery seemed to aknowledge each other.

#405 Fiddy1

Fiddy1

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:11 PM

Its a new NHL...Not like to good ole days.
Money talks in this league and it really shows.
As far as the crowd being loud for the Rags, most rag fans are corporate suit and tie people and have the money to dish out and buy up the tix. I went to about 4 games this year and can say that I for one cant afford to drop the dough for parking, food and tix.

#406 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:12 PM

Its a new NHL...Not like to good ole days.
Money talks in this league and it really shows.
As far as the crowd being loud for the Rags, most rag fans are corporate suit and tie people and have the money to dish out and buy up the tix. I went to about 4 games this year and can say that I for one cant afford to drop the dough for parking, food and tix.

good point the building is insanely overpriced, maybe if the ticket prices were reasonable more middle class jersey fans could afford to attend.... oh well they will never learn
Posted Image

#407 LIDevsFan1

LIDevsFan1

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:14 PM

I admittedly don't follow the team as much as most on this board but does Lou get credit for getting this mediorcre bunch to the playoffs at all or has the game passed him by a la Joe Gibbs and he can't adjust to the "new" NHL?

#408 ZuljinRaynor

ZuljinRaynor

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:16 PM

I'll be surprised if the Rangers make it out of the next round.

#409 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:16 PM

I admittedly don't follow the team as much as most on this board but does Lou get credit for getting this mediorcre bunch to the playoffs at all or has the game passed him by a la Joe Gibbs and he can't adjust to the "new" NHL?

You're going to need a whole new sub-forum for this.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#410 spyro

spyro

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:17 PM

Even though the series was 4-1 this series was a lot closer than the score indicated. Brodeur didnt show up, I really truly believe the Rangers fans got into his head. He was also fatigued, this is the first time Im saying this but Brodeur should play less. One positive from this series was Paul Martin. I was so impressed by him and his poise. Elias also had a solid series, glad to see he still remembers how to score. The line at the end pissed me off. Gomez wearing that fvcking grin on his face really depressed me. I cant believe he went through the series virtually untouched. Im pleased with Madden's series, he stepped it up and is making a case for captain, because we can all agree that Langs didnt do his part. It makes me sad to say this but Gio either has to take a pay cut, or go, I was extremely dissapointed this season by him. All in all a sh!tty night but, I know Lou is gonna do something over the off season. This season definately made him sick, hell it made everyone sick. Hears to hoping the Rags lose next round.

#411 DevilzFan

DevilzFan

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:18 PM

good point the building is insanely overpriced, maybe if the ticket prices were reasonable more middle class jersey fans could afford to attend.... oh well they will never learn

I went to maybe 7 games this season...probably less though. It's the first time in over 10 years I haven't been to at least 15 or so games. Between the parking cost at the train station, the train costs, the ticket costs, the food costs ($5 for a slice of #$%ing Pizza?!?) it's just not worth it to me to go anymore. Not when I can enjoy (most of) the games in the comfort of my own home on the big screen in high-def.

I know my friend (Devils744) is going to want to get another package next year (we split the weekend plan this year with other people), but I'm not going to do it. It's too ridiculous an expense.
"All I know of you is what you have told me........
You are a thief.......
In the world I live in that makes you a sub standard low life worthless to mankind scum bag.......
Sort of like Claude (Lemieux)......" -TOESAVE

Owner/Admin - Cobra Island

#412 njdevilsluva

njdevilsluva

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:18 PM

You're going to need a whole new sub-forum for this.

ok i dont know if my message sent to u.

but im sry bout being a bitch, cuz im frigen shaking still from this lost.

i was caught in the moment and was pissed cuz the rangers fans were louder when they scored the the devils when they scored.
Posted Image

3 cups........

RESPECT EM

#413 hattrick

hattrick

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:19 PM

I'll be surprised if the Rangers make it out of the next round.

I think there are 3 teams that can come out of the Eastern Conference and one of them is the Rags. The other two are obvious: Pens and Habs.
Good Is Not Good Where Better Is Expected

#414 Eztarget

Eztarget

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Sorry Avery is a piece of sh*t. Kudos for Brodeur refusing to shake his hand. Avery's on MSG now talking like he didn't follow the story. I respect Brodeur for ignoring him but if Avery had pulled that crap back in the days when Hextall played Avery would be missing a leg.

#415 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

Brodeur dives and that shows unsportsmenlike attitude towards the game so I don't really care. Brodeur is not my favorite Devil although he is a top goaltender of all time. Our sparkplug Clarkson actually played like a minor leaguer. I don't know if NJ keeps him.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#416 njdevilsluva

njdevilsluva

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:20 PM

Sorry Avery is a piece of sh*t. Kudos for Brodeur refusing to shake his hand. Avery's on MSG now talking like he didn't follow the story. I respect Brodeur for ignoring him but if Avery had pulled that crap back in the days when Hextall played Avery would be missing a leg.

totally agree
Posted Image

3 cups........

RESPECT EM

#417 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

ok i dont know if my message sent to u.

but im sry bout being a bitch, cuz im frigen shaking still from this lost.

i was caught in the moment and was pissed cuz the rangers fans were louder when they scored the the devils when they scored.

We can resolve this in a PM. It can be kept a private matter.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#418 njdevilsluva

njdevilsluva

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Brodeur dives and that shows unsportsmenlike attitude towards the game so I don't really care. Brodeur is not my favorite Devil although he is a top goaltender of all time. Our sparkplug Clarkson actually played like a minor leaguer. I don't know if NJ keeps him.

and jagr gets in his face for his team to score
Posted Image

3 cups........

RESPECT EM

#419 ZuljinRaynor

ZuljinRaynor

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

I think there are 3 teams that can come out of the Eastern Conference and one of them is the Rags. The other two are obvious: Pens and Habs.

I agree with the obvious two... I don't think the Rags can beat the Pens though. Habs they can if Price plays like in the last game.

#420 Eztarget

Eztarget

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:21 PM

The Pens played a high school team in the first round. The Sens were free falling since January and had the season been two games longer they would have been out. If the refs calls the Pens next series evenly then we'll see how good the Pens are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users