#1 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:31 AM

Hi all,

I was thinking of picking up season tickets for the 2008-09 season and was wondering what are the advantages of being a season ticket holder. I have never been a season ticket holder and I'm really considering becoming one for the Devils.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:36 AM

Hi all,

I was thinking of picking up season tickets for the 2008-09 season and was wondering what are the advantages of being a season ticket holder. I have never been a season ticket holder and I'm really considering becoming one for the Devils.

If you're going to every game anyway then one advantage is you get the tickets at less than face value. You also have the opportunity to purchase pre-paid parking passes which guarentee you parking and can be nice. You get the same seat for all the games. Priority purchase on keeping your seats for the playoffs. Also you can purchase additional tickets to games before the season starts before they go on public sale.

If you're planning on sitting in the club or platinum seats then there are a lot of extra incentives. I think the Devils website probably has a link that gives their reasons for why people should get season tickets.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#3 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:53 AM

Hi all,

Pretty much what Devils731 said. I had a partial plan, which is nice if you don't expect to make all 41 games. You can select a minimum of 8 games of your choice, though your seats won't be in the same place each time. You can pick different numbers of seats and different price levels if you want (for example, for opening night I took 3 tickets in the $65 range, for most other games I took 2 tickets in the $20-25 range), so the flexability is nice. My only complaint there is that there's very little extra stuff - we were invited to the season ticket holder open house at The Rock before the season started, but that was about it.

I'm probably going to do the flex plan again and just pick up games that are likely to sell out, and then use the group discount codes that are likely to come out again to fill in the blanks.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#4 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,221 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:38 PM

I was a first-time season ticket holder this year and less than impressed... while other teams have fun things for season ticket holders including holder-parties, gifts (although the glasses we recieved last year weren't too shabby), events, and other fun things, the Devils ticket's don't exactly reek with benefits. You have the oppurtunity to buy SELECT show tickets in advance, and you get to meet a great group of people (usually) sitting around you, but other than that you might as well just go to the games you feel like and buying the 10 dollar seats and moving to the hundred dollar empty ones, tbh.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#5 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:43 PM

I was a first-time season ticket holder this year and less than impressed... while other teams have fun things for season ticket holders including holder-parties, gifts (although the glasses we recieved last year weren't too shabby), events, and other fun things, the Devils ticket's don't exactly reek with benefits. You have the oppurtunity to buy SELECT show tickets in advance, and you get to meet a great group of people (usually) sitting around you, but other than that you might as well just go to the games you feel like and buying the 10 dollar seats and moving to the hundred dollar empty ones, tbh.

Yeah I was a first-time STH this year too...very little in terms of benefits, no extra games, no bar privileges, no perks. You want a list of STH perks, check out the Dallas Stars benefits. Wow, if it wasn't Texas, I would consider moving there just for that.

#6 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:03 PM

I'm also considering becoming a first-time STH this season. Does anyone know if any $10 seats are available for that? Or is $20 as low as they go? Also, doesn't being a STH give you full access to the entire Goal Bar (whereas regular ticket holders get the half of the bar without a bathroom and have to leave before the puck drops)?
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#7 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:08 PM

I'm also considering becoming a first-time STH this season. Does anyone know if any $10 seats are available for that? Or is $20 as low as they go? Also, doesn't being a STH give you full access to the entire Goal Bar (whereas regular ticket holders get the half of the bar without a bathroom and have to leave before the puck drops)?

The other half of the Goal Bar is for suite ticket holders, not season ticket holders...

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#8 CerebralGenesis

CerebralGenesis

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:10 PM

Ya I was thinking about going on their flexplan as well. I think I'm just gonna get some seat for games randomly when they have a promotion or something cuz I'll only get to go to a few Im thinking.

#9 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,298 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:32 PM

I've had season tickets for many many years and the Devils have never been great when it comes to perks. I personally don't give a sh!t about that kinda stuff. I like having the same seat for every game but I'm also the type of person who shows up right before the puck drops and sits in my seat for the entire game and leaves as soon as the 3 stars are announced. I've never really cared about any of the other stuff.

#10 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,926 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:49 PM

you know what would be nice...
a STH card, that gets you 15% off in the store and 10% off on the damn food in the place

I'd actually eat and spend more in the building that way :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#11 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:59 PM

The other half of the Goal Bar is for suite ticket holders, not season ticket holders...

Thanks for clearing that up.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#12 karupin

karupin

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:39 PM

I don't know if you could really call this a perk, but for games that were "sold" out in the devils ticket database, I found tickets on ticketmaster in my price range. I could call my ticket rep and he would get the tickets for me without the TM fees.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users