#1 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:47 PM

Concerts I'm planning on hitting this summer:

May 31st - Stone Temple Pilots/Filter/Ashes Divide - PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ
June 23rd - Coldplay - Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
July 15th - Eve 6 - Starland Ballroom, Sayreville, NJ
July 16th - Eve 6 - House Of Blues, Atlantic City, NJ (Cancelled :( )
July 26th - Filter - Starland Ballroom, Sayreville, NJ
August 9th - All Points West, Day 2 (Radiohead, Kings of Leon) - Liberty Park, Jersey City, NJ
August 12th - Poison, Dokken, Sebastian Bach - PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ
August 18th - The Faint - Terminal 5, New York, NY

Throw in Foo Fighters, Nine Inch Nails, and Toms River Fest (second day only, with Live & Collective Soul - going back to my 90s obsession of late)as possibilities as well.

I should also note that Bon Jovi and Poison/Dokken/Bach are for a friend, not so much me...

So I've posted mine now, what's on your concert calendar?

Edited by thelastonealive, 18 August 2008 - 10:50 AM.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#2 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:12 AM

August Burns Red and Evergreen Terrace at Starland Ballroom. That's about it for me.

#3 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:48 AM

Cruefest in August...I can't freaking wait!
Kid Rock is coming and I'm gonna get some tickets..yup gonna see him 10 years after he's cool!
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#4 NJDevsFireOnIce

NJDevsFireOnIce

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:22 AM

6/1 - Lil Wayne @ Giants Stadium
6/8 - Lil Wayne in AC
6/24 - Bayside/Alkaline Trio - Chameleon Club in PA
7/15 - 311/Snoop Dog in Philly
7/28 - Warped Tour - Raceway Park

and this isnt music BUT

5/21 - Jim Norton's HBO taping in Englewood NJ
8/2 - Opie And Anthony's Traveling Virus in Jersey

Edited by NJDevsFireOnIce, 14 May 2008 - 07:25 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Lazy

#5 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:20 AM

6/24 - Bayside/Alkaline Trio - Chameleon Club in PA

I may try to catch that show in this area. Alkaline Trio has a new song up on their myspace. It's pretty good.

#6 smokinscurvy

smokinscurvy

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 12:10 PM

Cruefest in August...I can't freaking wait!
Kid Rock is coming and I'm gonna get some tickets..yup gonna see him 10 years after he's cool!

LOL!! Yeah, I saw KR at a little bar in Huntington WV way back when; didn't know who it was and thought he sucked!! :giggle: Only it seems like the next day he was all over MTV.

Anyway ... these are the shows I'm attending ... SO FAR. :dance:
Rush in Charlotte
Foo Fighters in Cleveland
Coldplay in Cleveland
NIN in Cleveland and Lexington
I know the pieces fit

#7 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:06 PM

Blech...got to the NIN "Members Only" pre-sale a half hour too late and BAM...sold out...guess I'll have to pay out the nose for Stub Hub tickets...

Radiohead (in Dallas) - May 18th
The Cure - MSG - June 20th
John Mayer - Jones Beach - July 9th

And, for those of you about to attend the Warped tour, I salute you...I went once and I'll never go again! Spent 4 hours in a car with no A/C crawling to Asbury Park, just to see 4 bands play 30 minute sets. The best part of the day was seeing the Toasters play on the "bands nobody gives a sh!t about stage" nestled between two rows of Porta-Pottys.

Same goes for Skate and Surf...to many scenesters and not enough good music to make the headache worth it.
Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

#8 NJDevsFireOnIce

NJDevsFireOnIce

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:46 PM

I may try to catch that show in this area. Alkaline Trio has a new song up on their myspace. It's pretty good.

fancy!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lazy

#9 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:52 PM

Are you talking about "help me"? I heard it on Ethel on XM 2 days ago, I like it a lot.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#10 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:34 PM

And, for those of you about to attend the Warped tour, I salute you...I went once and I'll never go again! Spent 4 hours in a car with no A/C crawling to Asbury Park, just to see 4 bands play 30 minute sets. The best part of the day was seeing the Toasters play on the "bands nobody gives a sh!t about stage" nestled between two rows of Porta-Pottys.

That's why whenever I go, I go very early or very late. You run the risk of not seeing the band you want to see if you go very late (a big problem for me, because there's usually only one or two of 'em), but there's always a few bands that you wouldn't give any consideration to that turn out to be worth seeing in the end (The Sounds and Gogol Bordello, last time).

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.

#11 SegaDevil

SegaDevil

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:32 PM

Eric Clapton on May 22, PNC Bank.
Alicia Keys on June 17, PruCenter

Hopefully Coldplay on June 29 in Philadelphia.

#12 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,745 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:18 AM

5/21 - Jim Norton's HBO taping in Englewood NJ
8/2 - Opie And Anthony's Traveling Virus in Jersey

Did you go to last year's Traveling Virus? It was a blast...great stuff. I won't be going this year 'cause my wife will be 8.5 months pregnant by then.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#13 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,745 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:23 AM

August 12th - Poison, Dokken, Sebastian Bach - PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ

I saw Dokken at the since-demolished Trade Winds in Sea Bright a few years ago. It was scary, although Dokken sounded good...90% of the people attending looked like they just got out of a DeLorean from 1987. Mullets, jeans jackets w/backpatches, acid-washed jeans, women with "nests" (the look that was all the rage from the late 80s-early 90s when girls used to cut their bangs short and hair-spray them upward). Suffice it to say that some of the ladies were wearing outfits that they no longer had any business wearing. At the very least, it did make for some hilarious people-watching.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#14 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:43 AM

I'm going to see Iron Maiden at PNC on June 14th.

I was planning on going to Ozzfest again, but that's just going to be a one-day event in Dallas this year. :angry:
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#15 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:22 PM

I'm going to see Iron Maiden at PNC on June 14th.

I was planning on going to Ozzfest again, but that's just going to be a one-day event in Dallas this year. :angry:

I too am going to see Iron Maiden on June 14.

Plus, next Friday, May 23, I'll be at MSG for the Van Halen concert. I heard that they will be taping for a DVD.

This is the second leg of their reunion tour (minus Michael Anthony). I also saw them on the first leg at the Izod Center in November. I had waited over 20 years to see Davild Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen on stage together and had a blast.

#16 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 12:03 AM

The Roots are playing August 8th and 9th in jersey city.
Posted Image

#17 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:12 AM

The Roots are playing August 8th and 9th in jersey city.

Just the 9th. Radiohead's the only band playing two days.

#18 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:20 AM

Im seeing Radiohead, Kings of Leon, Jack Johnson, John Mayer, Brett Dennen and a few more this summer. Cant wait.

#19 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 12:18 PM

Im seeing Radiohead, Kings of Leon, Jack Johnson, John Mayer, Brett Dennen and a few more this summer. Cant wait.

You're gonna be at the second day of All Points West?

How're you getting there? I'm having a hell of a time find a convienant method of transport. You have to have at least 4 people in the car to even be able to park at the venue. Everything else is shuttle buses and ferries. It's making me nuts.

#20 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 12:40 PM

seeing nada surf and spiritualized for sure.

going to try and catch radiohead at lsp. if i am in the area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users