420 replies to this topic

#201 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:14 AM

Dave Attell was hilarious. Clutch was awesome (as always), but holy crap has Starland gone downhill as a venue. They wouldn't let us hang out in the parking lot, all of the people who work there are dicks and they pack the place beyond the point of it being uncomfortable until it's downright unbearable. Plus it's right in the middle of nowhere. My buddy put it best tonight when he said, "If it wasn't for the fact that Clutch is so sick, I would have burned this fvcking place down tonight."

Never going there again. And it's a shame, because I used to really like that place.

Wow, I used to go there for ska shows when it was Hunka Bunka and it was a pretty cool venue. Only been there once since it became Starland and it always seemed to be overcrowded yet a good time. Sad to hear it's taken a dive since then.
Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

#202 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,892 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:53 AM

I tried this before, but if there's anyone who wouldn't mind seeing them at the Rock on February 1st instead of January 31st, please let me know!

Hey man, if you're trying to sell those, try StubHub. My friend sold 4 $80 tix for $135 a piece for the Feb 1st show.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#203 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:44 AM

Hey man, if you're trying to sell those, try StubHub. My friend sold 4 $80 tix for $135 a piece for the Feb 1st show.

Yea I looked into that, but the problem is then I'd have to buy tickets for the show on the 31st for a lot more.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#204 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,892 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:35 PM

Yea I looked into that, but the problem is then I'd have to buy tickets for the show on the 31st for a lot more.

Ah, very true. I would have loved to have gone... but my buddy got a 67" TV... so I'll be watching me some foozballs.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#205 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:15 PM

Just bought tix to Jane's Addiction/Nine Inch Nails at PNC in June.

#206 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,130 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:42 AM

Went to see Rise Against on the 6th of March supported by Flobots and The King Blues

Amazing Gig

Getting tickets to Download festival and the Reading festival.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#207 NJDevsFireOnIce

NJDevsFireOnIce

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:16 AM

Just scooped up some tickets to go see Jim Florentine, Nick Dipaolo & The Reverend Bob Levy at the Starland Ballroom for March 28th.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lazy

#208 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:55 PM

Just scooped up some tickets to go see Jim Florentine, Nick Dipaolo & The Reverend Bob Levy at the Starland Ballroom for March 28th.

Saw them at House of Blues in Showboat last month and it was a pretty good show. Bob Levy was pretty terrible but he got funnier as the evening progressed. Florentine killed, Colin was great but was only on for about 15 minutes and Nick D was unbeliveable. Easily the best comic of the night.

Not sure if Colin Quinn will be the Starland show but you didn't miss much if he's not.
Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

#209 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:59 PM

http://metallica.com...asp?item=602083

METALLICA AT THE GARDEN, NOVEMBER 14TH
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#210 PutTheForkDown

PutTheForkDown

Prospect

• Suspended
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:33 PM

For nostalgic reasons, Im going to see my favorite band from when I was 14, who I later disowned and have since welcomed back for old times sake:

Posted Image

Flyers suck, obviously.

#211 Cracker5

Cracker5

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:14 PM

http://metallica.com...asp?item=602083

METALLICA AT THE GARDEN, NOVEMBER 14TH

Awesome. Missed both shows at the Rock.

Posted Image
~Team NJDevs (NHL 09 EASHL): (Co-Gm) LD/RD #5 Lehotay~
Season 1 Stats: 82 GP, 4 G, 12 A, 16 PT, Team Leading 1011 Hits, 10 Fighting Majors (8 Wins)
~Team 230 Crazies/Team NJDevs (NHL 09 EASHL): (Co-Gm) LD/RD/RW #5 Lehotay~
Season 2 Stats: 82 GP, 50 G, 35 A, 85 PT, 647 Hits, 14 Fighting Majors (9 Wins)

#212 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:58 PM

VAST is playing the Wonderbar in Asbury Park, but it's the week of my finals. I swear, I've been trying to see that damned band for more than ten years now, and on the rare occasion they make it to NJ/NYC, it's always at the worst possible time.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#213 NJDevsFireOnIce

NJDevsFireOnIce

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:50 AM

Saturday im going to go see Jim Florentine, Nick Dipaolo & The Reverend Bob Levy :D
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lazy

#214 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:42 PM

I'm seeing DMB at the Garden in April and in Camden twice in September.

Lewis Black in Reading PA was one of the best shows I've ever been to.

#215 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:29 PM

Posted Image

Tix on sale today a noon, $199 for the 3 Days.

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#216 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,124 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:57 PM

The Sunday show looks really good. I'd want to see MGMT and Silversun Pickups

I'm seeing U2 in September.

Edited by devilsrule33, 03 April 2009 - 12:49 AM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#217 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:32 AM

Did somebody say "Beastie Boys"? :dance: :dance: :dance:
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#218 PutTheForkDown

PutTheForkDown

Prospect

• Suspended
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:27 AM

I'm seeing DMB at the Garden in April and in Camden twice in September.

Lewis Black in Reading PA was one of the best shows I've ever been to.

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

#219 Deke

Deke

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:56 PM

A few months ago coming back from work real late on the train I had to wade through all these lacrosse hair yuppie teenagers and there north shore trash girlfriends talking about how great Dave Matthews is. I finally got sick of it and keyed open a closed car for myself.

Anyway, I've got a nice May coming up, Mike Watt and The Missingmen at Maxwells on the 7th and X at the Bowery Ballroom on the 29th.
Go Carp, go!
Salmonbellies rule!
Hit 'em harder cops!
But a hockey team called the Mighty Ducks?
Aw, man.

#220 PutTheForkDown

PutTheForkDown

Prospect

• Suspended
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:17 PM

Im going to see Phish, which Im kind of embarrassed about, but whatever - I liked them when I was 14 hahaha.
Also the girl and I are seeing Metric in phila, Im not a 'fan' but she likes them - So somehow ive wrangled myself into going to the consummate 'wookie' and 'hipster' shows of the summer, respectively..hahaha. Should be fun on both counts though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users