420 replies to this topic

#341 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:37 PM

Damn, that sucks. Did you know beforehand that it was going to be a No Tailgating Show, or did you go there with a cooler full of beers anticipating getting your drink on?

I'm going there this Saturday to see Judas Priest, but I don't foresee any problems considering the majority of the fans are going to be 30- to 50-year-olds with bum knees and bad backs.

The night before 311 was a No Doubt show that some of my friends went to, and they said that was a No Tailgating show. So I called PNC to double check what 311 would be and they informed me it would indeed be No Tailgating, so at least I had a heads up.

I get the feeling that pretty much everything except for maybe Hannah Montana or something like that will be No Fun, er, I mean No Tailgating. And if that's the case, the Arts Center should be shut down. The 8/6 Snoop Dogg/Slightly Stoopid show already switched venues from PNC to the Stone Pony because of this tailgating insanity.

(732) 203-2500 if you wanna try calling.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#342 cupcake23

cupcake23

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:45 PM

We're supposed to be going to Bouncing Souls in August as well but I think she's forgotten about it and made plans for her family vacation that week...which would SUCK since I already bought the tickets.

What night did you buy the tickets for? If it's Thursday I'm sure we can work something out because my mom wants to go and I'm just too damn lazy to buy a ticket online if there is any left online. AND if it's for Friday, well sh!t, I'd take those as well so Andrew and I can go both days..... that's if you don't end up going or whatever. :D

Official keeper of: Kevin Clark, Dr. Murray Seltzer,
The Arena Lounge (outside on Greene and Mullberry), and David Clarkson's lisp.

#343 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:47 PM

What night did you buy the tickets for? If it's Thursday I'm sure we can work something out because my mom wants to go and I'm just too damn lazy to buy a ticket online if there is any left online. AND if it's for Friday, well sh!t, I'd take those as well so Andrew and I can go both days..... that's if you don't end up going or whatever. :D

I've got two tickets for the Thursday show right now. I'm gonna mention it to Amanda and see if she'd rather adjust her family's vacation accordingly, go on Friday, or not go at all. I'll definitely get back to you though, I'd rather get rid of 'em here than via StubHub (or let 'em go to waste entirely, which is probably what would otherwise happen)

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#344 cupcake23

cupcake23

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:51 PM

I've got two tickets for the Thursday show right now. I'm gonna mention it to Amanda and see if she'd rather adjust her family's vacation accordingly, go on Friday, or not go at all. I'll definitely get back to you though, I'd rather get rid of 'em here than via StubHub (or let 'em go to waste entirely, which is probably what would otherwise happen)

Cool, let me know. I can use them regardless as long as you have the actual tickets. I don't know if they can switch them otherwise. But yeah, let me know definitely. I know people who would go.

#345 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:52 PM

Cool, let me know. I can use them regardless as long as you have the actual tickets. I don't know if they can switch them otherwise. But yeah, let me know definitely. I know people who would go.

Yeah, I've got the actual tickets on hand already. They're taking up the lonely space where my Devils tickets usual sit. :saddevil:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.

#346 NYGDevils32

NYGDevils32

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:56 PM

This Saturday night I'll be going to The Rock to see the IBF Cruiserweight Championship boxing match between Adaamek and Gunn.

I got suite level tickets for only 20 bucks a pop. :koolaid:

#347 cupcake23

cupcake23

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:57 PM

Yeah, I've got the actual tickets on hand already. They're taking up the lonely space where my Devils tickets usual sit. :saddevil:

My huge crazy sized Blink 182/Weezer tickets are hanging on the wall next to my calendar. :D They get me excited for August. My past Devils tickets are sitting in a cup here next to my desk and that makes me sad. :(

#348 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:00 PM

My huge crazy sized Blink 182/Weezer tickets are hanging on the wall next to my calendar. :D They get me excited for August. My past Devils tickets are sitting in a cup here next to my desk and that makes me sad. :(

My little ticket cubbyhole is so sad at the moment. It's got Bouncing Souls tickets for a show I may or may not get to, and Pretenders tickets for a show for bands I don't know much about, and that's it. Poor ticket spot.

I threw away my stubs from last season, save for (ironically) the shiny tickets from the Club seats from the night Marty got hurt (it was regardless a fun game and a win...and cmon, they're shiny!)

#349 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,987 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:11 PM

The night before 311 was a No Doubt show that some of my friends went to, and they said that was a No Tailgating show. So I called PNC to double check what 311 would be and they informed me it would indeed be No Tailgating, so at least I had a heads up.

I get the feeling that pretty much everything except for maybe Hannah Montana or something like that will be No Fun, er, I mean No Tailgating. And if that's the case, the Arts Center should be shut down. The 8/6 Snoop Dogg/Slightly Stoopid show already switched venues from PNC to the Stone Pony because of this tailgating insanity.

(732) 203-2500 if you wanna try calling.

I know there've been similar incidents the past few years in which PNC decided to ban drinking in the parking lots thanks to supposedly out-of-control crowds at Gwen Stefani shows or Ozzfests or whatnot. But all of those times, the venue ended up relaxing the rules later that same summer for shows that I went to with bands with slightly older crowds. I'm hoping it's the same situation this year. On Wednesday, Kid Rock/Lynyrd Skynyrd is scheduled to play there. Even though I'm not going to that show, I'll probably call the Arts Center that day to ask them what the status on tailgating is gonna be. I'll also ask them what time the parking lot opens because I think they open it up later these days. And then I'll call again on Saturday before I head on over.

Thanks for the phone number. I already had it programmed into my cell. Any time I'm going to a show, I always call ahead to find out what time the bands are going on. No sense getting in there too early, when I could still be out in the parking lot pregaming!

(Not sure WTF is up with the weird font.)

EDIT: I'll probably go through the rest of my life misspelling Lynyrd Skynyrd on my first attempt (I originally wrote it as Lynnard Skynnard).

Edited by 95Crash, 08 July 2009 - 11:10 AM.

#350 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:40 PM

I know there've been similar incidents the past few years in which PNC decided to ban drinking in the parking lots thanks to supposedly out-of-control crowds at Gwen Stefani shows or Ozzfests or whatnot. But all of those times, the venue ended up relaxing the rules later that same summer for shows that I went to with bands with slightly older crowds. I'm hoping it's the same situation this year. On Wednesday, Kid Rock/Lynnard Skynnard is scheduled to play there. Even though I'm not going to that show, I'll probably call the Arts Center that day to ask them what the status on tailgating is gonna be. I'll also ask them what time the parking lot opens because I think they open it up later these days. And then I'll call again on Saturday before I head on over.

Thanks for the phone number. I already had it programmed into my cell. Any time I'm going to a show, I always call ahead to find out what time the bands are going on. No sense getting in there too early, when I could still be out in the parking lot pregaming!

(Not sure WTF is up with the weird font.)

Yeah, last year I saw Stone Temple Pilots at PNC and was worried about the whole tailgating thing. It ended up being pretty lax. State Troopers were walking around checking IDs, but that was about it. They had no problem with anyone drinking as long as they were 21. This year for 311, they were smelling people's Solo cups to make sure there was no alcohol in them. It's gotten pretty severe.

But like you're saying, these are all shows with a slightly younger audience than Priest, Skynyrd, etc. Maybe that'll make a difference? Either way, good luck.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#351 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:02 PM

i'm gonna see our lady peace in august. yusss. :D

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#352 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:03 PM

i'm gonna see our lady peace in august. yusss. :D

Lucky. I wanna see them in July (day the new CD comes out, in fact) but can't. Weeeeak.

#353 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:34 PM

"Puta o que Pariu...."

Alice In Chanins @ Irving Plaza, September.

tix on sale this Saturday.

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#354 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:49 PM

I'm going there this Saturday to see Judas Priest, but I don't foresee any problems considering the majority of the fans are going to be 30- to 50-year-olds with bum knees and bad backs.

Wow if you didn't post this I wouldn't have even known they are on tour again. I'm supposed to work until 8 Saturday night, and it's too late for me to take off. I'm going to call tomorrow (hopefully I remember) to find out when Priest starts playing so I can tell if I can make it on time. If not maybe I'll go to the show at Jones Beach on Sunday instead, but I really don't want to do that ride.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#355 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,987 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:53 PM

Wow if you didn't post this I wouldn't have even known they are on tour again. I'm supposed to work until 8 Saturday night, and it's too late for me to take off. I'm going to call tomorrow (hopefully I remember) to find out when Priest starts playing so I can tell if I can make it on time. If not maybe I'll go to the show at Jones Beach on Sunday instead, but I really don't want to do that ride.

FYI, they are playing the entire British Steel album. It came out 30 years ago.

Edited by 95Crash, 09 July 2009 - 11:56 PM.

#356 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:11 AM

FYI, they are playing the entire British Steel album. It came out 30 years ago.

Yea I heard. I wasn't really a fan of Nostradamus so it will be cool to just hear their old stuff.

I really hope I can go, this will probably be the only concert I go to this summer. I think with two opening bands I should be able to make it before they start, unless it takes me forever to park and then walk inside.

Edited by devilsfan26, 10 July 2009 - 01:12 AM.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#357 Mike441

Mike441

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:33 AM

I work at PNC...all im saying is dont eat the food. You have been warned....

#358 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:37 AM

Haha I can't afford that stuff anyway. Are you still allowed to bring food in a plastic bag? I remember last year when I went to see Iron Maiden I brought a jar of peanut butter, that helped me avoid having to buy something.
--John Buccigross

#359 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,987 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:05 AM

LOL, that's priceless. Not a problem for me. I usually eat in the parking lot.

#360 SC Devs Fan

SC Devs Fan

The News Guy

• Members
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:58 AM

Thinking of U2 in Atlanta next month, just hate to see them in such a large venue but whenever I watch "Vertigo" I kick myself for not seeing them that tour
"There is money in the banana stand"

George Bluth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users