BIG SANDY AND THE FLY RITE BOYS
MOTORHEAD
BLACK CROWES
LOS STRAITJACKETS
HUGH CORNWELL
WAYNE HANCOCK
THE TRASHMEN
THE ZEROS
Oh yeah.....i think GASLIGHT ANTHEM are 10 times the band the BOUNCING SOULS are.Just like, my opinion man.

Edited by swampdevil, 21 August 2009 - 02:10 PM.

NEW JERSEY, The most american of all states.It has everything from wilderness to the mafia.All the great things and all the worst.For example..............Route 22. - Jean Shepard : 1970 Newark Sunday news

#402 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:40 PM

I think I'm going to see In Flames, The Faceless, Between the Buried and Me, and 3 Inches of Blood October 2nd at Starland. The only one of those bands I like is 3 Inches of Blood. Their new CD comes out in like two weeks I think, so I'm guessing they will be playing lots of their new stuff, so it better be good.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#403 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:24 PM

In my household, I'm sort of like "Mr. New Jersey," but yet I have never seen The Boss! I'm not a huge fan or anything, but I can appreciate his body of work. I gotta go see him at least once in my life -- hopefully sooner rather than later.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan either, but I had to see him once. I would have appreciated more of the older hits. (He played Born to Run, Thunder Road, Dancing in the Dark, and a weird Twist and Shout/La Bamba mix). Still a good show, though.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#404 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:26 PM

I'm going to see NIN at Webster Hall on Sunday. Should be sick.

#405 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:19 PM

Bouncing Souls put on a hell of a set tonight. They make me proud every time I see them. I think this has to be at least the 29th time I've seen them in the last 3 years. UGH. Fan-freakin-tastic. I also have to say Lifetime did pretty well since the last time I saw them. They seemed better put together this time.

I know absolutely nothing about old school punk, but I was amazed by 7Seconds. Really good stuff.

Bouncing Souls were awesome. I'm never gonna see Ole live, but they played just about everything else I wanted/expected.

Also, being the Quick Chek fiend that I am, I LOVED the comic they had up on the video board during Quick Chek Girl.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#406 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:23 PM

THE SMITHEREENS

Oh yeah.....i think GASLIGHT ANTHEM are 10 times the band the BOUNCING SOULS are.Just like, my opinion man.

LOVE The Smithereens. Everyone in the band save for Pat Dinizzio is from my hometown, too. Been dying to see them, but they seem to always play in the area when I absolutely cannot go.

Gaslight Anthem's awesome too. Plenty of room for both of 'em. Hell, plenty of room for any Jersey band, save for My Chemical Romance and Bon Jovi. :lol:

I'm going to see NIN at Webster Hall on Sunday. Should be sick.

THATS gotta be awesome. NIN are one of the best live bands I've seen, and Webster Hall is one of my favorite venues, so combine the two - especially with Trent Reznor claiming it'll be his last tour - it's gonna be a crazy show.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.

#407 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:12 PM

LOVE The Smithereens. Everyone in the band save for Pat Dinizzio is from my hometown, too. Been dying to see them, but they seem to always play in the area when I absolutely cannot go.

Gaslight Anthem's awesome too. Plenty of room for both of 'em. Hell, plenty of room for any Jersey band, save for My Chemical Romance and Bon Jovi. :lol:

THATS gotta be awesome. NIN are one of the best live bands I've seen, and Webster Hall is one of my favorite venues, so combine the two - especially with Trent Reznor claiming it'll be his last tour - it's gonna be a crazy show.

I missed out on Bowery Ballroom tickets so I had to settle for Webster Hall. What I've heard about Webster is nothing but bad reviews. Supposedly the sound is terrible and the place is 1000000 degrees during the summer. Hopefully its all untrue.

I saw NIN in Athens, Greece this summer and that was sick. This should blow that away regardless of venue.

#408 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:22 PM

I missed out on Bowery Ballroom tickets so I had to settle for Webster Hall. What I've heard about Webster is nothing but bad reviews. Supposedly the sound is terrible and the place is 1000000 degrees during the summer. Hopefully its all untrue.

I saw NIN in Athens, Greece this summer and that was sick. This should blow that away regardless of venue.

It IS incredibly hot. The sound varies depending on where you're standing, but the places I like to be (usually towards the back or on the balcony) are pretty good sound-wise.

#409 Deke

Deke

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:32 PM

Just scored tickets for Dinosaur Jr/Sonic Youth at Terminal 5 in November. Super psyched, I haven't seen Sonic Youth since 1991!

Vivian Girls are playing Death By Audio this Tuesday, I'll probably go.
Go Carp, go!
Salmonbellies rule!
Hit 'em harder cops!
But a hockey team called the Mighty Ducks?
Aw, man.

#410 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:14 PM

Guess its kinda late now but i went and saw Killswitch Engage at Starland Ballroom on August 5th I think :P

815631765.gif

#411 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:27 PM

I'm HOPEFULLY going to see Our Lady Peace at Starland on September 17th...which will likely be an awesome cap to a decidedly weak concert year for me - a grand total of three shows? fvck me, I'm getting old. :(

#412 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:39 PM

It IS incredibly hot. The sound varies depending on where you're standing, but the places I like to be (usually towards the back or on the balcony) are pretty good sound-wise.

They played the whole Downward Spiral. So sick. Holy crap is that place hot. I am in decent shape and my shirt was soaked like I ran a 10k.

#413 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:52 PM

They played the whole Downward Spiral. So sick. Holy crap is that place hot. I am in decent shape and my shirt was soaked like I ran a 10k.

NICE.

And yeah, when I left the Bouncing Souls show my hair was soaked like I had just taken a shower. Pretty gross.

#414 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:02 PM

I'm HOPEFULLY going to see Our Lady Peace at Starland on September 17th...which will likely be an awesome cap to a decidedly weak concert year for me - a grand total of three shows? fvck me, I'm getting old. :(

That's not so bad, I've only been to one this year.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#415 cupcake23

cupcake23

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:34 AM

And yeah, when I left the Bouncing Souls show my hair was soaked like I had just taken a shower. Pretty gross.

When we left from the Souls show I was sure I lost at least 2lbs in water weight from sweating so hard.

Official keeper of: Kevin Clark, Dr. Murray Seltzer,
The Arena Lounge (outside on Greene and Mullberry), and David Clarkson's lisp.

#416 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,220 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:32 PM

anyone looking to buy a blink ticket for tomorrow? They're going online for $135 each, i can sell cheaper (an NJDevs discount, if you will), if interested. PM me..

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#417 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:45 PM

For those of you going to see Blink and Weezer, I just hope Weezer does their cover of Oasis's "Morning Glory" with Rivers playing drums. They did that last year at the Garden and it was unreal!
Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

#418 bpcdev

bpcdev

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:24 AM

Any metalheads in here? Saw DevilDriver a few weeks ago at the Fillmore ... kick-ass show!

Check out my youtube page for some vids: http://www.youtube.com/ntexpert

Going to The Killers on 9/2, Journey 9/5, then Edguy on 9/9

\m/
Posted Image

#419 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:24 PM

So I'm not sure how much of the actual show I'll see, but I'm now working at the Union County Music Fest on Sunday:

Pete Yorn
They Might Be Giants
Glen Tilbrook (Squeeze)
Gin Blossoms
Tonic

Not half bad...hopefully I'm working nearish to the music.

Still considering going on Saturday too, though I can't get anyone to go with me:

Third Eye Blind
Uncle Kracker
Kenny Wayne Sheppard
The Minus 5
The Alarm
Fastball

Granted, of those, I only want to see Fastball and 3EB...and maybe Kenny Wayne Sheppard. But still...it's free, and it's Third Eye Blind playing about 15 minutes from my house.

#420 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 07:08 PM

Missed Clutch in Philly on Friday. Might have to miss both their shows next month in NYC too. No way I can make AC/DC's new Philly show.

Not having money blows.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users