#1 dali

dali

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:08 AM

Hello,

came here to add my spoon into the soup. Iīve been member for awhile, but I donīt participate in too many threads. My job and studies disturb more important aspects of life...like posting nonsense on message boards.

Thank you and apologies.
Ghost of the offseason past.

#2 brodeurrocks

brodeurrocks

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:27 PM

Right....welcome then.....I guess.......

Posted Image

Official Keeper of David Clarkson's Open Ice Hits!

Official Keeper of the stains on Chico's shirt and tie from "Chico Eats" episodes!

#3 Devilswede

Devilswede

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:56 AM

Welcome to the boards man! It's not easy being a Devils fan in Europe.....
I met this really kinky girl last night. "Humiliate me", she said. ..So I bought her a Rangers jersey...

#4 dali

dali

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 03:50 PM

Welcome to the boards man! It's not easy being a Devils fan in Europe.....

Cheers, mate.

Well, at least now we have internet providing gamecasts, news and message boards. Itīs not that far behind, if you didnīt have sky channels, when crappy magazines like Pro hockey and text pages of tv were the only sources of information from NHL.

Liverpool FC supporters never walk alone, but thatīs not the case when supporting the Devs in Europe...

#5 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,940 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:21 AM

Odd intro thread, but I've seen odder (that word sound weird, or is it just me?). Odder...otter...hmph.

Anyway, back on topic. Welcome, I guess, well kinda welcome, or welcome back? Weird to say stuff like that. Stick around for a little more and post a little more.. or just say that everything do is.. erm.. 'nonsense'.

So, if that was the case and it was basically a message saying that we have no life.. cheers! If not... welcome!

What made you become a Devils fan... (you ARE a Devils fan, right?)

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#6 dali

dali

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 03:36 PM

Odd intro thread, but I've seen odder (that word sound weird, or is it just me?). Odder...otter...hmph.

Anyway, back on topic. Welcome, I guess, well kinda welcome, or welcome back? Weird to say stuff like that. Stick around for a little more and post a little more.. or just say that everything do is.. erm.. 'nonsense'.

So, if that was the case and it was basically a message saying that we have no life.. cheers! If not... welcome!

What made you become a Devils fan... (you ARE a Devils fan, right?)

Ummm...My introduction was supposed to be taken with a good grain of salt. I was trying to use self-irony. Or at least I think so.

It was back in 1994 when I became familiar with the Devils. Iīve always liked this teamīs ideology of putting team ahead of individual goals and doing whatever it takes to win and achieve teamīs goal. I donīt know how to put it better. But I think you guys know what I mean. And yet this team has been blessed with so many great individuals as Marty, Stevens, Patty, Raffy, Muller, Burke, Johnny Mac and so on.

In my school it wasnīt very popular to root for the Devs. It shouldīve been the Wings, Pens or the Mighty Ducks for some reason. In the early 90īs NHL was kind of new thing in Finland. People generally knew very little about it and favourite teams were mostly those with superstars or some Finn like Selänne or Koivu playing there. It was only me and a friend of mine who rooted for the Devs in my neighbourhood. Itīs kinda weird coincidence that my friendīs twin brother roots for Rangers and they pretty much disagree on everything else too.

Long live the trap and Fatso guarding our net :koolaid:

Edited by dali, 27 May 2008 - 02:11 PM.

#7 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:32 AM

:clap2:

Now That's an intro!

Well done, welcome.

POST AWAY!!

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#8 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:36 AM

what do you think of Anissi Salmela, your fellow countryman?

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users