11 replies to this topic

#1 Second Coming

Second Coming

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 01:39 PM

Hey fellas, I have to be quite honest and say I'm a pretty new devils fan. I've claimed to like them my whole life but really want to get into hockey. I have watched some games from last season, but nothing big. I really am looking forward into learning a thing or two aboit hockey so I'll be posting a lot.
Posted Image

#2 brodeurrocks

brodeurrocks

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:36 PM

Welcome! Ask away!

Posted Image

Official Keeper of David Clarkson's Open Ice Hits!

Official Keeper of the stains on Chico's shirt and tie from "Chico Eats" episodes!

#3 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:57 PM

Yeah feel free to ask questions... a simple thread with a question, you'll get a good 20 responses, an occasional board troll, and a fight. And that's only in the offseason

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#4 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:15 PM

Yeah feel free to ask questions... a simple thread with a question, you'll get a good 20 responses, an occasional board troll, and a fight. And that's only in the offseason

occassionally there will be some jealousy ;)

Sorry MB.... you set your self up :):)

Welcome, this place is great.
My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#5 Second Coming

Second Coming

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 09:20 PM

Thanks everybody, first I'll need a favorite player. I've already established the fact to hate NYR, when Avery called Marty a fatso. So who should be my favorite player?
Posted Image

#6 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 09:30 PM

Marty. Period. Hands down. End of discussion. ;)

Elias also isn't a bad choice, neither is Parise or Zajac.

Edited by Devils Pride 26, 08 June 2008 - 09:30 PM.

#7 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,605 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 09:34 PM

you don't find a favorite player... they find you... just pay attention in training camp and early season games B )
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#8 britdevil

britdevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:04 AM

Thanks everybody, first I'll need a favorite player. I've already established the fact to hate NYR, when Avery called Marty a fatso. So who should be my favorite player?

Welcome. :koolaid:

We need more Langenbrunner fans around here. His name looks cool on a jersey too. :boogie:
Patrice Cormier on fighting: "I donít mind it at all. Backing up a teammate, Iíll be there any time. If itís a tough guy, it doesnít matter who it is. Iíll be there to defend my teammate. Itís not fighting just to fight, but if a teammate needs my help or the team needs a boost, Iíll be there. Iíll do anything for the team.Ē

#9 Second Coming

Second Coming

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:41 AM

Lol, I'm going on youtube right now and am going to watch some clips of old games too see who I can choose.
Posted Image

#10 NJDevsFireOnIce

NJDevsFireOnIce

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:32 AM

you don't find a favorite player... they find you... just pay attention in training camp and early season games B )

You are actually right for once! :giggle:

Welcome to the boards Second Coming B )
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lazy

#11 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:45 AM

And don't forget the :ph34r: hijackers! :ph34r:

nonono That will depend on your style. You'll have to see if you're offensive or defensive first, then watch them play and see who suits your style best. :dance:

WELCOME! where you live?

We need more Langenbrunner fans around here. His name looks cool on a jersey too. :boogie:

Takes a wide shoulder to pull it off right though. :koolaid:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#12 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,357 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:20 AM

Just watch the games and one will grow on you...he doesn't necessarily have to be the flashiest or most talented guy around. What type of player do you like? I tend to like the lunchpail guys (like Daneyko back in the day) and the more unheralded types who do the little things that doesn't always show up in boxscores. Not that I have anything against star players of course...Brodeur will always be one of my favorites for very obvious reasons, and my all-time favorite Devil is John MacLean.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users