68 replies to this topic

#21 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:17 PM

Sather inadvertently just cut out Avery's contract leverage with the rest of the league by making this public.

I still would not rule him out in New York though.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#22 britdevil

britdevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:18 PM

Could you be referring to this little gem right here?
btw this was aired on MSG not E!.

Dear god, the mans a raging shirt lifter.

Disgusting.
Patrice Cormier on fighting: "I donít mind it at all. Backing up a teammate, Iíll be there any time. If itís a tough guy, it doesnít matter who it is. Iíll be there to defend my teammate. Itís not fighting just to fight, but if a teammate needs my help or the team needs a boost, Iíll be there. Iíll do anything for the team.Ē

#23 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,950 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:25 PM

I think he could end up with the Rangers again anyway. It really depends on how much other teams offer him. We already know that the Wings and Kings won't offer him anything, neither will the Devils. So if the rest of the teams in the league don't think he is worth as much as he thinks he is than he'll probably end up signing with the Rangers since he apparently likes it here so much.

#24 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,282 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:48 PM

:wub: Crushed velvet :wub:

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#25 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:53 PM

I can't believe we have 5 people who want him to go to the Islanders. We would still end up playing them the same amount of times, I just want him the hell out of the division if not out of the conference so we can just forget about him.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#26 brodeurgirl30

brodeurgirl30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:21 PM

This sounds like the perfect opportunity for him to pursue his fashion career and get the heck out of hockey...
:boogie:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Brodeur's 2002 Olympic Gold Medal
The kisses on the back of Marty's mask
Travis Zajac

After Marty got so mad at his sons for throwing thunderstick packages onto the ice during a
Devils / Rangers game~
"I explained to them that by doing what they had done, they were basically acting like Rangers fans." ~Marty Brodeur - Beyond the Crease

#27 DEVILS>Rangers

DEVILS>Rangers

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:27 PM

This sounds like the perfect opportunity for him to pursue his fashion career and get the heck out of hockey...
:boogie:

or his internship

#28 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:29 PM

I can't believe we have 5 people who want him to go to the Islanders. We would still end up playing them the same amount of times, I just want him the hell out of the division if not out of the conference so we can just forget about him.

I would just like to see him go to the Isles so I can watch all my Ranger fan friends talk about how much they hated him and I can watch all my Isles fan friends (who complain about him as much as we do) suddenly treat him as God's gift.

Other than that, I'd wish him to go to the European leagues.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#29 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:39 PM

i think the NHL has pretty much had it with avery.
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‚ÄŹ@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#30 brodeurrocks

brodeurrocks

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:32 PM

Yet another team that appears to be fed up with Avery's idiotic behaviour. Bye!

Posted Image

Official Keeper of David Clarkson's Open Ice Hits!

Official Keeper of the stains on Chico's shirt and tie from "Chico Eats" episodes!

#31 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:11 PM

Wow July 1st is approaching fast! Im actually pretty excited about us testing the UFA market with all our cap space.

..as for sean avery; who cares haha.. hes an a$$hole, i rather him out of this whole entire conference, actually make that entire league.. Go home Sean, nobody likes you!
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#32 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 12:27 PM

..as for sean avery; who cares haha.. hes an a$$hole, i rather him out of this whole entire conference, actually make that entire league.. Go home Sean, nobody likes you!

Couldn't agree more with you guys. Get him the hell away from the Atlantic, the Eastern Conference, and even the NHL if possible.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#33 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:04 PM

Couldn't agree more with you guys. Get him the hell away from the Atlantic, the Eastern Conference, and even the NHL if possible.

I think a desperate team will pick him up.. Isles maybe, who have been the 'big' rumor of signing him.. Or any other team that is seriously criticized for lacking a 'pest', but i really couldn't name a team right now besides the Isles.

We already have one in Clarkson, who has the potential to be better offensively than Avery, and maybe even more CLEANER. I would laugh if we somehow picked up Avery, but thats 99.99% NOT going to happen since Brodeur would probably go on strike.. and nobody would want him here.. we are not a desperate team
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#34 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:10 PM

I'd like to see him wind up in Columbus, or Edmonton, or Buffalo, or Carolina. Somewhere decidedly small-market. For a Sean Avery, having to play in Edmonton is a fate worse than not playing at all.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#35 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:55 PM

Yet another team that appears to be fed up with Avery's idiotic behaviour. Bye!

I wish that were the case. This is nothing more than the Rags tiering their priorities. He'll end up back in NY.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#36 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:04 PM

Good Bye and good writens

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#37 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,509 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:02 AM

No matter where he plays he'll be hurt 20+ games most seasons so there's a good chance we wouldn't face him anyway.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#38 Shtikl

Shtikl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:08 AM

This is nothing more than the Rags tiering their priorities.

Running their dirty laundry up the flagpole and proudly showing off the skid marks, more like it. Kinda reminds me of Steinbrenner.
We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses. -- Abraham Lincoln

#39 Devil in Leaf Nation

Devil in Leaf Nation

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:33 AM

SHA NA NA NAAAA, SHA NA NA NAAAA, HEY HEY HEY GOOOOD BYE! That's one turd you wish you could flush more than once!

Now on a side note, do you guys think Lou will put the shoe on the other foot and take a few guys off the Rags roster?

What i'm thinking is that, BOTH Roszival and Mara(NJ Native) are considered top 4 d-men who are big and mobile with big shots and can play the point on a PP. There lack of physical play and d zone coverage issues can be fixed by Larry and seeing as they're being cast off by the Rags (Roszival for sure) pay back 7 times a year with the ability to still be close to home sounds good to me!

Even though i hate the Rags, it's my brothers team, i truely wouldn't mind both of those guys and they could be considered your typical Lou, second tier, good value top 4 d-men ufa signings.

Thoughts?

DEVILS FAN FOR LIFE, DEATH TO LEAF....... AND RAGS NATION!

:gd:

#40 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:39 AM

Even though i hate the Rags, it's my brothers team, i truely wouldn't mind both of those guys and they could be considered your typical Lou, second tier, good value top 4 d-men ufa signings.

Swiping Rangers re-treads didn't work out so hot last year. I mean, yeah, we got Weekes but we didn't do much with him. And Rachunek was obviously a bust. Personally, I don't think I'd be adverse to Mara, but I'm not a fan of Roszival.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users