106 replies to this topic

#101 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:12 AM

Just to let you know, I received a survey via e-mail from the Devils yesterday. I don't know if they done them in the past, but it's the first one I ever got. It asked the usual: How many games attended, my demagraphics, What would it take for me to attend more games? (A: Lower ticket prices and parking. B ) ) How did I rate the concession prices, Devils TV viewing (My comment: to have HD broadcasts on outlets other than Cablevision.) What kind of music in the arena, What images on jumbotron, contests in stands. etc. Whether anything comes of this survey, at least to me it shows they are trying.

Edited by Rock, 13 May 2009 - 09:22 AM.

Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#102 njdevsfn95

njdevsfn95

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:21 PM

Just to let you know, I received a survey via e-mail from the Devils yesterday.

i got it monday, my gf got it today. needless to say i spent more time filling out the "final comments" box than it took to complete the survey!

this is the first i can remember and it shows they are taking a genuine interest in what fans want/need n order to go to games more or watch them on TV more.

they were probably encouraged by the fact they averaged over 100000 homes tuning in during the playoffs. that amount of people could easily fill the Rock to high % on a nightly basis.

when the new Letter is written in a month, i think it is imperative that we mention the ideas they implemented from the previous letter, the concepts we liked during the season, and this survey which caught (likely) all of us by complete surprise.

#103 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 12:45 PM

i got it monday, my gf got it today. needless to say i spent more time filling out the "final comments" box than it took to complete the survey!

this is the first i can remember and it shows they are taking a genuine interest in what fans want/need n order to go to games more or watch them on TV more.

they were probably encouraged by the fact they averaged over 100000 homes tuning in during the playoffs. that amount of people could easily fill the Rock to high % on a nightly basis.

when the new Letter is written in a month, i think it is imperative that we mention the ideas they implemented from the previous letter, the concepts we liked during the season, and this survey which caught (likely) all of us by complete surprise.

I filled my out wishing we can have a "History of the Devils" DVD and maybe a Devils Future's Game. Maybe have Lowell vs Trenton or have Lowell face another AHL team and Trenton against and ECHL team.
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#104 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:28 PM

Just a thought for this year's letter. Reopen training camp sessions to the general public! B )
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#105 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:19 AM

For Those Who Have Been Asking:

OK, guys now that the cup is over I should have a new letter drafted for 08-09 comments and suggestions by the end of the weekend.
We'll let it stew here at NJDEVS.com for about a month or so until after Free Agency.
By that point I think Jeff will have named a new COO, UFA's will be set, and marketing will probably have time to actually take a serious look at it (if they really do or not).

Truthfully, I can't see why they wouldn't, its free feedback for them!
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#106 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,058 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 02:13 PM

SOunds good :thumbsup:

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#107 devsin4

devsin4

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:19 PM

What???? Are you kidding me???
I wanted to both proof this thing and let the majority of the board add any thoughts first.
I asked for an address, not for someone to send it YET!!!

PLEASE - NO ONE ELSE SEND THIS ANYWHERE UNTIL I'M SET w/a final revision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please ask me!

:rofl: I'm sorry but I can't stop laughing hysterically at this!! You must've damn near had a heart attack. Anyways great letter. I see it got thru 'cause I've seen they implemented Devils Nite out, college nite, family/guys nite out etc. I for one would like to see the dancers get more involved ala Atlanta thrashers. Did Lou or JVB ever get back to you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users