12 replies to this topic

#1 yahdevs56

yahdevs56

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:49 PM

Hi! I'm a new kid here. I've lived in jersey all my life and I've been a Devils fan for just as long. I'm into sports, especially hockey (duh) and um...yeah. :noclue: I sing and play softball too. :whistling:

EDIT: So...'sup?

Edited by yahdevs56, 24 June 2008 - 09:32 PM.

"Scott! Scott! Hey Scott! Yo Scot-tay! The Scottmeister! S-cott!"
"Uh...dad, it's Rod. Not Scott."

Posted Image

#2 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:41 AM

:hi: So, d'ya play on your high school hockey team or anything?

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#3 yahdevs56

yahdevs56

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:16 AM

:hi: So, d'ya play on your high school hockey team or anything?

Nope. :hi: Just softball. The team sucks though, we're 4-16 this year which is about .20. Our season is over. (.50 makes the playoffs)

We don't even have a hockey team. :( But a budget was passed for a set of district teams. There's nowhere to play and they're raising money for it. They need like $250,000 to support one and then there's the matter of who we would play against. So then the other teams would need to raise just as much. I would so be goalie if there was a team, though.

Edited by yahdevs56, 25 June 2008 - 11:28 AM.

Posted Image

#4 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:10 PM

Anywhere near Maplewood??
we desperately need to revitalize the Maplewood hockey scene :rant: :rant:

and yeah like welcome too and stuff :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#5 NJDevsFireOnIce

NJDevsFireOnIce

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:26 PM

hiya :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lazy

#6 South Jersey Devs Fan

South Jersey Devs Fan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:44 PM

Welcome.

But boy do all these young people make me feel old sometimes.....been out of high school more than 20 years...sigh :blink:
Posted Image
"Martin Brodeur is the gold standard of goaltending -- the model of character, consistency and commitment to the craft. A champion. A winner above all.

"It is difficult to imagine any player who is more universally, and deservedly, respected. The National Hockey League is extremely proud of Martin, his historic achievement and his enduring contribution to our game."

#7 yahdevs56

yahdevs56

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:07 PM

Anywhere near Maplewood??
we desperately need to revitalize the Maplewood hockey scene :rant: :rant:

and yeah like welcome too and stuff :P

Sorry...I don't live near Maplewood, more toward central Jersey. And I haven't put on skates since was little. I want to get back to skating lessons and stuff but I can't risk getting hurt for next season. (I broke my finger in January and didn't get to play softball until a week before the last game) I broke my leg in summer of '06 and had to sit out everything until more than a year later. So I'm an injury magnet, not the best person for a team.

Posted Image

#8 yahdevs56

yahdevs56

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:10 PM

hiya :)

Hi! :boogie:

Welcome.

But boy do all these young people make me feel old sometimes.....been out of high school more than 20 years...sigh :blink:

I'm young for a high schooler though. 14 and I'm already going into sophmore year. All my friends are getting out of middle school this year. Now I feel old. :unsure:

Posted Image

#9 brodeurrocks

brodeurrocks

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:20 PM

Welcome aboard! Wow there seems to be more and more youngins around here all the time....it is great to see some young new Devils and hockey fans!

Posted Image

Official Keeper of David Clarkson's Open Ice Hits!

Official Keeper of the stains on Chico's shirt and tie from "Chico Eats" episodes!

#10 South Jersey Devs Fan

South Jersey Devs Fan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:03 PM

Welcome aboard! Wow there seems to be more and more youngins around here all the time....it is great to see some young new Devils and hockey fans!

Agreed!!!
Posted Image
"Martin Brodeur is the gold standard of goaltending -- the model of character, consistency and commitment to the craft. A champion. A winner above all.

"It is difficult to imagine any player who is more universally, and deservedly, respected. The National Hockey League is extremely proud of Martin, his historic achievement and his enduring contribution to our game."

#11 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:09 PM

Welcome :cheers:

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#12 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:11 PM

Hi! :boogie:

I'm young for a high schooler though. 14 and I'm already going into sophmore year. All my friends are getting out of middle school this year. Now I feel old. :unsure:

Wow. 14.

I remember being 14. Sigh. No I don't.

EDIT... oh yeah, I do... it was when the Devils won their first cup!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 30 June 2008 - 03:12 PM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#13 yahdevs56

yahdevs56

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:13 PM

Wow. 14.

I remember being 14. Sigh. No I don't.

EDIT... oh yeah, I do... it was when the Devils won their first cup!! :thumbsup:

It's okay, I don't remember '95 much either. (I was 1 1/2 when they won their first cup) But I have a better memory of first grade. (2000!) :thumbsup:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users