#1 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,344 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:17 AM

http://thefourthperi.../fla080626.html

.....It's uncertain if the Panthers will consider trading Bouwmeester, or if any teams have pitch any offers for him. The New York Rangers, Ottawa Senators, Edmonton Oilers and New Jersey Devils are believed to be interested.

#2 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 07:39 AM

Devils may be interested, but we certainly don't have the pieces to offer. If Florida were to trade Bouwmeester (which their defense, frankly, could withstand after last week's trade), they'd probably be looking a first-line player in return, preferably a center. Florida's roster right now has one guy (Weiss) who was a reliable offensive center throughout last season. Unless they're thinking of moving McLean from the wing back to center, they're incredibly short up the middle right now. We could offer Gionta, but he's obviously not a center, and beyond that we've got squat to offer.

Edmonton's an interesting possibility for Bouwmeester. It's his hometown, the Oilers need defensive help, and they could offer up Pitkanen & Stoll in exchange, plus potentially an up-and-comer like Pouliot, Shremp, Nash.

Edited by insanity_gallops, 26 June 2008 - 07:41 AM.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#3 harpua19

harpua19

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 07:44 AM

Ive always been a fan of his, hoping one day he could land with us...If we could I would do it w/o touching our core(outside of gio)
"We're coming to your town
We'll help you party down!"

#4 NJayDevil

NJayDevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:16 AM

Zajac and Gionta are so expendable, just pull the trigger!
Official Keeper of Little G
New Jersey Devils|3|New York Yankees|27|New York Giants|3|Penn State|4|
"They are the loudest and most loyal students in the country. They call this place Happy Valley?
That's an understatement tonight. This is definitely the best place on Earth. I have seen Paternoville,
I have seen these students...there is nothing like this in the country."

-ESPN College Gameday
"We cannot rank Penn State University against other schools
in the party school category because we feel it is unfair to
rank professionals against amateurs."

-Playboy Magazine
"You're driving along with nothing and then it's like
cow... cow... cow... 20,000 hot chicks!
That's Penn State."

-Jon Stewart

#5 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:18 AM

Bouwmeester is one of the most talented Dmen in the league about to enter his prime. I would give up anything cept for Marty/Parise to get him.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#6 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,739 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:32 AM

Why don't I think there's a snowballs chance in Hell this will happen?
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

Our best players need to be our best players...

#7 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:50 AM

Bouwmeester is one of the most talented Dmen in the league about to enter his prime. I would give up anything cept for Marty/Parise to get him.

agreed.

Why don't I think there's a snowballs chance in Hell this will happen?

agreed.

#8 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,463 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:29 AM

Zajac's young, inexpensive and has upside. Unless he's being included in a package for a bona-fide star player, he needs to stay...just too early to give up on him.

As for Gio...if the right deal's there, sure, but I get the feeling teams are going to buy low and hope for a high reward...which means Lou probably won't find a deal to his liking.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#9 SC Devs Fan

SC Devs Fan

The News Guy

• Members
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:31 AM

I hope Lou at least makes the call and sees what they want.
"There is money in the banana stand"

George Bluth

#10 NJayDevil

NJayDevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:43 AM

Zajac's young, inexpensive and has upside. Unless he's being included in a package for a bona-fide star player, he needs to stay...just too early to give up on him.

As for Gio...if the right deal's there, sure, but I get the feeling teams are going to buy low and hope for a high reward...which means Lou probably won't find a deal to his liking.

Ok, and that star player is Bouwmeester....

Zajac hasn't really done anything in 2 years here. He's tall, but packs no meat on the ice. Of his like 20 goals he's scored in 2 years, they've mostly been garbage goals. He does have upside, sure, but he isn't a first line center for years to come. And as far as I see it, it isn't giving up as it's getting the best value at the best time for a player like Zajac before he turns into a Gionta value.

Bouwmeester on the other hand is such an asset on defensemen. Especially since Colin White really sucks more than ever, and only has one eye. Bouwmeester is a 1st pairing defensemen for years to come. Him and Martin as a pairing in key situations (PP, PK, remaining minutes) is mouth watering.

Gionta is lost without Gomez, that's pretty obvious. His value is the opposite of Zajac, but packaged with him makes him look nicer.

If only Lou could sell Zajac as a first line center (the Panthers blaring need), and if the Panthers are oblivious of Gionta's need for a assist-producing center this deal could work. Throwing in Brookbank wouldn't hurt either, who can be molded as a 25% Bouwmeester in the Panthers eyes.
Official Keeper of Little G
New Jersey Devils|3|New York Yankees|27|New York Giants|3|Penn State|4|
"They are the loudest and most loyal students in the country. They call this place Happy Valley?
That's an understatement tonight. This is definitely the best place on Earth. I have seen Paternoville,
I have seen these students...there is nothing like this in the country."

-ESPN College Gameday
"We cannot rank Penn State University against other schools
in the party school category because we feel it is unfair to
rank professionals against amateurs."

-Playboy Magazine
"You're driving along with nothing and then it's like
cow... cow... cow... 20,000 hot chicks!
That's Penn State."

-Jon Stewart

#11 Richer's Ghost

Richer's Ghost

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:47 AM

I'll stick with what I've stated elsewhere.
Corrente + Gio + Zajac + 1st for him. I mean C'mon - this is the team that GAVE Olli to PHX for next to nothing. I'd like see a power center added to the lineup, but with giving up that much to get Jay, we'd really need Bergfors/Vrana to fill out the lines.

Parise-Elias-Bergfors
Zubrus-Madden-Rolston :whistling:
Pandolfo-Pelley-Langenbrunner
Vrana-Rupp-Clarkson

Martin-Oduya
White-Bouwmeester
Salvador-Mottau
Vish

I think that lineup would make the playoffs, but I'm not sure how far they'd go. It aches for another center...
Posted Image

Ranger Hate is not a crime.

#12 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,880 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:52 AM

gave olli? you mean for keith ballard, one of the best young defenders in the game, and nick boynton, a legitimate top 4 guy?

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#13 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,569 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:58 AM

I agree.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#14 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:59 AM

I'd give my left arm, and I'm not even on the team...

#15 Richer's Ghost

Richer's Ghost

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:05 AM

gave olli? you mean for keith ballard, one of the best young defenders in the game, and nick boynton, a legitimate top 4 guy?

Ballard - 82 games 6G 15A +7 85 PIM
Boynton - 79 games 3G 9A -9 125 PIM

I can find plenty of D men with those stats for well under the combined $5.5 Mil a year they cost.
Posted Image

Ranger Hate is not a crime.

#16 bg.

bg.

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:06 AM

Gionta makes 4 M, is in the last year of a deal before he becomes a UFA, and in the last two years has showed that 45 or whatever was an abberation...

Nothing of value is coming the other way if he is going.

#17 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:08 AM

Zajac, Gionta and a 1st and a 2nd
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#18 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,853 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:14 AM

Offer everything we got. JBou is the defender we have been missing for a long time. I agree with RG's offer.
Corrente + Gio + Zajac + 1st even more if necessary. If JBou has done this good in Florida, imagine him in NJ with the likes of Brodeur and Martin as a supporting cast. And Larry tutoring his every move.

DO IT LOU! :koolaid:

#19 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:32 AM

I hope Lou at least makes the call and sees what they want.

It will atleast be Gionta. Langs is too old and zajaac not nearly enough. Maybe they would throw in Halischuk w/ Gionta. Not that I'm in any big hurry for Gio to go anywhere. Maybe Oduya as well??
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather--who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car."

#20 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:35 AM

And if, as people are suggesting, Zajac & Gionta go to Florida for Bouwmeester... just who exactly is going to fill out the top 6 of the Devils? It would put the Devils in a similar situation as the Panthers: incredibly talented defense corps, absolutely pathetic top 6.

Only way that would work is if Lou goes for broke on a free agent signing like Hossa.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users