48 replies to this topic

#21 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:19 PM

I found the picture and set it as my avatar for now. I'm on my way out the door to the Rays vs. Red Sox game (on vacation). I'll post it later.
EDIT: It's not showing up, so I'll post it later.

Edited by The Rock 07, 30 June 2008 - 02:24 PM.

Posted Image
I! I believe! I believe that we! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!

#22 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:35 PM

I found the picture and set it as my avatar for now. I'm on my way out the door to the Rays vs. Red Sox game (on vacation). I'll post it later.
EDIT: It's not showing up, so I'll post it later.

AH HA! I"M NOT CRAZY!

Thank you, The Rock 07.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#23 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:49 PM

I remember both of those commercials. The one Banzai was talking about was Dano walking around with some SportsCenter dude, talking about what a great year it was. He was saying something like, "It's been a great year for New Jersey. We won the Stanley Cup, the Nets got the top draft pick, and Bon Jovi has the No. 1 album." The Jovi starts playing "It's my Life" or some other single in the middle of the newsroom. The Scarlet Knight and some old guy with a name tag that says "Thomas Edison" are dancing. It was classic.

Found it!

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#24 gionta182

gionta182

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:14 AM

Found it!

He just added that one yesterday. Nice timing!
"I was just happy I didn't have anymore facial damage. Luckily it was Mike Mottau shooting the puck; He can't hurt a fly with that shot." - Devils center Bobby Holik after being credited with a goal against the Ducks on 1/11/09 after a puck deflected off his helmet and into the net

#25 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:41 AM

"I mean, with the proper marketing,"

What's proper marketing? Please don't ask the Devils to do this they don't even know and understand marketing 101.

Being the only team with the NJ name won't get the Rock more attendance for the Devils games.

#26 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 07:56 AM

Found it!

oh...my... GOD i hate bon jovi

#27 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:13 AM

I hope we pick up the Nets fan base, that will fill another 20 seats a game

LOL. Very true.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#28 RangerBill

RangerBill

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:17 AM

"I mean, with the proper marketing,"

What's proper marketing? Please don't ask the Devils to do this they don't even know and understand marketing 101.

Being the only team with the NJ name won't get the Rock more attendance for the Devils games.

The biggest problem the Devils face is the lack of a major city in NJ to actually have the season ticket base from corporations that almost every other franchise has. The meadowlands arena was originally built to try to entice the Rangers to move. They were actually considering not overhauling the Garden. But the Rangers sell out, even when they stink, because the corporates will go for a period or two and then drive out of the city when the traffic eases. Not great for fans who would like to get a ticket, but the franchise thrives because of it. And people are willing to put up with NYC more than they are with Newark.

#29 SC Devs Fan

SC Devs Fan

The News Guy

• Members
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:48 AM

Rutgers atheltics seems to absorb all of the Jersey Pride from people in this state.

Yeah, for the last 2 years. If Greg leaves and Rutgers returns to its previous ways then you'll see Gandolfini going to Nets games and Rutgers will become an afterthought again.
"There is money in the banana stand"

George Bluth

#30 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:03 AM

While it's no secret that NJ has long had an image problem, we each deal with it in our own way. Some of us are used to it. Some of us still get riled up about it once in a while -- myself included.

So I think it's a great thing that the Devils are making any kind of effort, no matter how small, to connect with the people in this state. It doesn't mean we don't want to have fans from out of state. It just means we want something to be proud of -- to call our own -- to take our minds off of traffic congestion, local government corruption, pollution, and the rest of all that crap.

#31 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:24 AM

Yawn!! Same attendance Bulls!!t, diffenent angle. Of course there wont be any noticable difference. Everyone who will go to hockey games here are already going.

#32 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:50 AM

Yawn!! Same attendance Bulls!!t, diffenent angle. Of course there wont be any noticable difference. Everyone who will go to hockey games here are already going.

I am curious as to how you came to that conclusion.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#33 DEVILS>Rangers

DEVILS>Rangers

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:51 AM

we need more of these commercials

#34 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:20 PM

The biggest problem the Devils face is the lack of a major city in NJ to actually have the season ticket base from corporations that almost every other franchise has. The meadowlands arena was originally built to try to entice the Rangers to move. They were actually considering not overhauling the Garden. But the Rangers sell out, even when they stink, because the corporates will go for a period or two and then drive out of the city when the traffic eases. Not great for fans who would like to get a ticket, but the franchise thrives because of it. And people are willing to put up with NYC more than they are with Newark.

That's a good point, and since the Devils aren't going anywhere now that they own the arena and make money off of everything that happens there, I'd much rather have it this way. I like being able to go to whatever games I want and not be denied because of some corporate a$$holes who have no interest in hockey. If the team's long-term existence in New Jersey was in jeopardy, then it would be a different story.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#35 Shapeshift

Shapeshift

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:59 PM

Start pumping the Devils games into South Jersey. That might give this team a bump in support. The mood around here is that it's North Jersey's team. In fact, most Flyers fans in NJ say the North Jersey Devils. It's a huge missed opportunity. If we can encroach on one team's fanbase, then I'm sure it can be arranged to impose on another.

Granted, I live about a mile from the Flyers Skate Zone so around here, it's not happening. But there is probably hope for much of Burlington County. Heck, the nickname comes from a South Jersey legend!!
..Lost in S-S-So-South Jersey....since 2004
Eagles and Flyers and Phillies...OH MY!!

#36 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:23 PM

Start pumping the Devils games into South Jersey. That might give this team a bump in support. The mood around here is that it's North Jersey's team. In fact, most Flyers fans in NJ say the North Jersey Devils. It's a huge missed opportunity. If we can encroach on one team's fanbase, then I'm sure it can be arranged to impose on another.

Granted, I live about a mile from the Flyers Skate Zone so around here, it's not happening. But there is probably hope for much of Burlington County. Heck, the nickname comes from a South Jersey legend!!

Doesn't Comcast run the show down there? If that's the case then I don't think you'll be seeing much Devils games down there anytime soon.
--John Buccigross

#37 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:04 PM

Doesn't Comcast run the show down there? If that's the case then I don't think you'll be seeing much Devils games down there anytime soon.

You think that's bad. I used to live in East Rutherford, which was also hooked up by Comcast!

I really admire the Devils' South Jersey fans. You guys must feel all alone down there, surrounded by so many Flyers fans. The ones who stick it out, must truly be hardcore!

Edited by 95Crash, 22 July 2008 - 02:07 PM.

#38 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:15 PM

You think that's bad. I used to live in East Rutherford, which was also hooked up by Comcast!

Yea I have Comcast now, their service is so terrible I have their number on my contact list. What I was trying to say is that since Comcast also owns the Flyers, there's not that good a chance they will show Devils games to their customers. They want keep the Flyers as the only option.
--John Buccigross

#39 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:49 PM

Yea I have Comcast now, their service is so terrible I have their number on my contact list. What I was trying to say is that since Comcast also owns the Flyers, there's not that good a chance they will show Devils games to their customers. They want keep the Flyers as the only option.

When I lived in East Rutherford and had Comcast -- admittedly, it was like seven or eight years ago -- I had to pay extra $$ in order to watch the Devils because Comcast normally didn't carry their games. I literally lived less than a mile and a half away from the arena, in the same little town that used to be the Devils home, and I almost couldn't watch their games on TV!

Other than that, though, I used to like Comcast. Their Info Guide is light years ahead of Cablevision's.

#40 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:54 PM

Aren't the Devils the only NJ team standing? Jets/Giants = NY, Redbulls soccer = NY, Nets = moving to Brooklyn in 2 years, hmm.. am i missing a sport?
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users