217 replies to this topic

#101 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:18 PM

There Matteau.. was that stronger? Or are you crying now.

not exactly. but i do think it is cute that you keep track of how many times you rode the "scary" rides at great adventure.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#102 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:21 PM

hahaha. you're adorable. So, if the Rangers suck, what does that say about the Devils? Oh right, the Rangers didnt win 7 of 8 and then beat them in the play-offs in 5 games. Never lived in the basement, have a mortgage that I easily pay, and havent played a video game in years.

Yea, but have you kissed a girl yet?

:boogie:
It's the whiskey talking.

#103 Hardhat11

Hardhat11

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:26 PM

Our defense didn't let in that many goals last year, it would be nice to upgrade but it really isnt broken.

Are you kidding?!? The Devils lack of a puck moving d-man killed them all year long, especially in the playoffs. This team missed Rafalski a hell of alot more than Gomez.

Rolston is a good sign and Holik is an ok sign, depending on what other signings/trades Lou makes. But a bonafide #1 offensive d-man is a must if this team is serious about competing for a Cup next year.

#104 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:29 PM

So... bets on how many games until Holik calls someone out?

#105 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:30 PM

So... bets on how many games until Holik calls someone out?

0, he calls them out pre-season saying last season should have been so much better. :lol:
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#106 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:33 PM

WOW. I am stunned. Didn't see this coming at all. Maybe he was impressed by the new arena.
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#107 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,141 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:36 PM

not exactly. but i do think it is cute that you keep track of how many times you rode the "scary" rides at great adventure.

My 3 favorite rides at SFGA, cry about it you fatass deuschebag. One day you'll grow up, move out of your mother's basement, and we'll actually take you seriously, sometimes.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#108 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:37 PM

WOW. I am stunned. Didn't see this coming at all. Maybe he was impressed by the new arena.

Maybe, but he was complaining about the poor ice after the Thrashers first trip in. :P
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#109 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:37 PM

OK MB and Others. Chill.

#110 LOULAM1

LOULAM1

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:38 PM

Are you kidding?!? The Devils lack of a puck moving d-man killed them all year long, especially in the playoffs. This team missed Rafalski a hell of alot more than Gomez.

Rolston is a good sign and Holik is an ok sign, depending on what other signings/trades Lou makes. But a bonafide #1 offensive d-man is a must if this team is serious about competing for a Cup next year.

I think everybody forgets the fact that Paul Martin was one of the best end to end skaters the Devs had last year and Lou signed him at a bargain rate.

I know Lou likes Bryce's size and hitting, but I don't like the move. 3 mill for a "at best" stay at home dman who has the propensity to get hurt because of his style of play?

Oduya, cheap and not a big fan as he always seems to take 2 steps forward and 3 steps back. Yes he's learning, but Mart has a 3 year window right now to win a Cup.

Trade White if you can and get me Smith as I feel that is a nice subtle upgrade. Can u trade White? Sure, as most teams will take him for a few picks and right now that is all he is sincerely worth.

#111 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,141 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:39 PM

and dude, you think alot of things are "cute" apparently. A little light on the loafers, are we?

OK MB and Others. Chill.

Posted Image

#112 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:39 PM

No, no, no and no. Holik stinks and I don't like him. While the Rolston signing is the right person at the right time for the right price, Holik just makes this team older and slower. Many of you said we now have the best 4th line in hockey...that may be so, but it's looking to be the most expensive as well. I don't know what Lou sees in Holik but I hope his judgement is right...I just don't see the logic in this signing.
Also, as a side note, I find it funny that before FA, everyone was screaming for change and new blood. Now, everyone is ecstatic the Devs are "bringing the band back together". Didn't we all give Colorado sh!t about this at last years trade deadline? For me, Tolston works just fine but Holik is a big mistake.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Agree 100%. Don't we have enough role players? We dropped #18, for #16 ?!?! Holik already showed his true color$ 4 year$ ago. I'd take Sarge over Holik for the 4th line easily. He leads by example, he's faster, cheaper, and most importantly... LOYAL. The Devils don't need Bobby Holik, Bobby Holik need$ the Devil$! All this did was make the Devils slower, and left us with about $1m. left in the kitty. . Don't get it, don't like it, don't need it. I'm very surprised with this move. Although with the Boomerang philosophy LL has (Albelin, Terreri, Lemieux, Richer, Rupp, Mogilny, Malakov, Schwab, etc..) I guess I really shouldn't be.

Yes I'm happy with Rolly coming back, but let's relax here with some of the excess joy. Rolly doesn't make us the best in the East or nothing. (not even top 3) Reading some of these posts makes me laugh, as if we signed Heatley or something. Brian Rolston was a SOLID pick up, but let's not kid ourselves. LL definitely still has more work to do. Our offense was the worst in the league. Rolston was a step in the right direction, but Holik IMO was a step back.

*Like BP said, the Avs crashed hard on their face this season with the "We're bringing the band back together" motto. Let's not repeat the same creed.

Edited by Beezer34, 01 July 2008 - 07:44 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#113 LOULAM1

LOULAM1

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:43 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Agree 100%. Don't we have enough role players? We dropped #18, for #16 ?!?! Holik already showed his true color$ 4 year$ ago. I'd take Sarge over Holik for the 4th line easily. He leads by example, he's faster, cheaper, and most importantly... LOYAL. The Devils don't need Bobby Holik, Bobby Holik need$ the Devil$! All this did was make the Devils slower, and left us with about $1m. left in the kitty. . Don't get it, don't like it, don't need it. I'm very surprised with this move. Although with the Boomerang philosophy LL has (Albelin, Terreri, Lemieux, Richer, Rupp, Mogilny, Malakov, Schwab, etc..) I guess I really shouldn't be.

Do you think the Rags want to face the Devs now 8+ games then look them in the eye at playoff time with the amount of size on this team?

I'll take Holik.

#114 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:50 PM

Do you think the Rags want to face the Devs now 8+ games then look them in the eye at playoff time with the amount of size on this team?

1. We play the Rags 6 times this season.
2. Is that the new viewpoint in our off-season strategy? What the Rangers think of our moves?

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#115 ClutchDevil30

ClutchDevil30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:02 PM

Guesses about Holik's #? I'll go with 18...sorry Sarge.
Posted ImageLET'SGODEVILS!
Posted Image Drinking the Kool-Aid since 1995
Posted Image of Doc's "HIT THE POST WITH THE SHOT!", the CAA Goal Horn, and Matt Loughlin's nephew, Tom.

#116 Jdub

Jdub

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:08 PM

Rupp/Holik/Clarkson
Gio/Madden/Pando
Zubrus/Rolston/Parise
Elias/Zajac/Langenbrunner

#117 LOULAM1

LOULAM1

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:08 PM

1. We play the Rags 6 times this season.
2. Is that the new viewpoint in our off-season strategy? What the Rangers think of our moves?

"1. We play the Rags 6 times this season."

ok

"2. Is that the new viewpoint in our off-season strategy? What the Rangers think of our moves?"

You didn't answer my question Weezer if the Rags will show up like a bunch of little f'in girls based on the size the Devs bring to the table with LL's recent moves.

They will show up like the girls they are and yes LL makes moves predicated on what the Rags and Flyers do. Also, based on the amount of business that the Devs make playing the Rags and Flyers, yes moves make a difference Weezer. So, from what I've seen on your posts so far leads me to the conclusion that your business acumen sucks.

Edited by LOULAM1, 01 July 2008 - 08:11 PM.

#118 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,141 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:14 PM

Guesses about Holik's #? I'll go with 18...sorry Sarge.

I'd say 13... maybe not disrespect sarge or anything.

Posted Image

#119 Jdub

Jdub

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:15 PM

Devils aren't allowed number 13... Zubrus will have to find a new number...

#120 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,141 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:16 PM

Devils aren't allowed number 13... Zubrus will have to find a new number...

Oh really? What'd I miss? And there's no way Zubie will give up his 16, that's retarted and you know it.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users