210 replies to this topic

#181 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:30 AM

I ask again then, you only throw out your tray because it's convenient? If the trash cans were not in your path to the exit you wouldn't do it? Now who's lazy? Oh and menus and silverware are on the way in to the restaurant, not out of the way. The other things, maybe.

No, I don't not do it to save someones job. Just because I leave something behind for someone else to pick up (whose job it is to do so) doesn't make me lazy. If i didn't throw my trash out at a McDonald's then yah, you can call me lazy.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying there is no reason for a person not to (unless he is seriously concerned about the guy's job) since it doesn't require anything extra from you.

And if it's not laziness, and you're not genuinely concerned with the guy's job, then what is it. Sounds to me like you're saying you don't do it because you know someone else will. That sounds a little lazy to me.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#182 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:53 AM

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying there is no reason for a person not to (unless he is seriously concerned about the guy's job) since it doesn't require anything extra from you.

And if it's not laziness, and you're not genuinely concerned with the guy's job, then what is it. Sounds to me like you're saying you don't do it because you know someone else will. That sounds a little lazy to me.

But why should I do someone elses job? That's what I'm getting at here. You yourself said you do it as a good gesture to whoever is supposed to be picking it up. Not doing someone elses job doesn't make me lazy.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#183 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,815 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:11 AM

Rob's just bitter that his crappy job keeps him from good times at Maplewood hockey :P

I don't take my trash out in a movie theater either... I consider it a service that comes with the $35 it costs for two tickets soda and popcorn!!!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#184 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:49 AM

And there Sammy goes again, acting like his unwillingness to clean up after himself is actually saving some poor schmuck's job. Un-friggin'-believable. Again, it's a crying shame that some people are so defensive about living like pigs that they make up these convoluted excuses as to why their laziness and tolerance of filth is somehow a good thing.

I purposely spill my soda at the movies so someone can earn an extra buck. :rolleyes:

But why should I do someone elses job? That's what I'm getting at here. You yourself said you do it as a good gesture to whoever is supposed to be picking it up. Not doing someone elses job doesn't make me lazy.

I always wonder why you only have a picture of the outside of your house :P

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#185 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:51 AM

I always wonder why you only have a picture of the outside of your house :P

Huh?

#186 britoon

britoon

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:32 AM

Also I hate when people leave early

That is my absolute biggest pet peeve.
Posted Image

"Hockey is a beautiful, well-choreographed, symphony of violence
...a mixture of talent, grace and gladiatorial combat."

#187 SC Devs Fan

SC Devs Fan

The News Guy

• Members
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:38 AM

That is my absolute biggest pet peeve.

That used to be mine, but I understand there are times people have to leave early - after all, they paid their money, they can leave when they want (or choose to litter if they want :boogie: ). There were times I had to get up ludicrously early and I balanced the last 5 minutes of a game vs. all the time I was going to be stuck in traffic that I could have been sleeping. Did it make me less of a fan? Maybe... but at least I was there and I am sure my abscence had no effect on the Devils effort.
"There is money in the banana stand"

George Bluth

#188 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,907 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:25 AM

geez this long thread in july - right now the only thing i can't stand is that there are no hockey games.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#189 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:40 AM

Well I guess this is where we reach a stand-off. You say it's not lazy because it's someone else's job so why should you have to do it. I say it is lazy because it requires no extra effort at all so there is no reason why you can't do it.

Rob's just bitter that his crappy job keeps him from good times at Maplewood hockey :P

I don't take my trash out in a movie theater either... I consider it a service that comes with the $35 it costs for two tickets soda and popcorn!!!

Hey if it weren't for my crappy jobs, I wouldn't be able to afford driving there anymore.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#190 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:43 AM

That used to be mine, but I understand there are times people have to leave early - after all, they paid their money, they can leave when they want (or choose to litter if they want :boogie: ). There were times I had to get up ludicrously early and I balanced the last 5 minutes of a game vs. all the time I was going to be stuck in traffic that I could have been sleeping. Did it make me less of a fan? Maybe... but at least I was there and I am sure my abscence had no effect on the Devils effort.

I think that when you pay for your ticket, you are paying for the whole game, so if you leave early you aren't getting your money's worth.

My uncle is the worst at this, we went to the last Jets game of the season last year, and we left at halftime. I couldn't believe we drove there to watch the first half, then drove home to see the end of the game on TV. I thought it was a big waste of money, at least I didn't have to pay. I used to go to Devils games with him before I started driving. We were at the banner-raising game in 2004. He kept bugging me to leave early, but I kept telling him they were only down by one and they can come back. Sure enough they tied it (I think Brylin or Rafalski) with like two seconds left.
--John Buccigross

#191 SC Devs Fan

SC Devs Fan

The News Guy

• Members
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:02 PM

I think that when you pay for your ticket, you are paying for the whole game, so if you leave early you aren't getting your money's worth.

I agree 100%; for me it was going to see 90% of the game or not going at all. And I always hated it when I didn't have to leave but the ride (ie designated driver) wanted to leave early!
"There is money in the banana stand"

George Bluth

#192 DougieBrown

DougieBrown

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:11 PM

I hate people who complain about how quiet the building is, and then talk about how they hate certain sections for being too loud and rowdy. Yes, I sit in section 232.

#193 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:29 PM

Well I guess this is where we reach a stand-off. You say it's not lazy because it's someone else's job so why should you have to do it. I say it is lazy because it requires no extra effort at all so there is no reason why you can't do it.

Hey, I've said it before in this thread, I do pick it up sometimes but I don't feel any obligation to do so. I don't worry about it if I don't do it. Even you're doing it because it's easy and convenient. I suppose that means you wouldn't do it if the garbage can was out of the way, wouldn't that be lazy on your part then?

#194 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:40 PM

Hey, I've said it before in this thread, I do pick it up sometimes but I don't feel any obligation to do so. I don't worry about it if I don't do it. Even you're doing it because it's easy and convenient. I suppose that means you wouldn't do it if the garbage can was out of the way, wouldn't that be lazy on your part then?

I don't know I might or I might not. Of course there would be less people doing it if they had to go out of their way, but since you don't have to go out of your way, it is such a simple task that I don't see a reason not to throw your garbage out.

Edited by devilsfan26, 21 July 2008 - 01:40 PM.

--John Buccigross

#195 brodeurrocks

brodeurrocks

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:42 PM

Yeah weren't you the one in the jetta?!!!! :koolaid:

NO...... :whistling: :unsure:

Posted Image

Official Keeper of David Clarkson's Open Ice Hits!

Official Keeper of the stains on Chico's shirt and tie from "Chico Eats" episodes!

#196 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:43 PM

I think I'm with Crasher on this one, which related to this post. You paid your money, part of the ticket is the offer to clean up your junk if you wish, sometimes you use that service, sometimes you don't, but it's certainly part of the teams offer to you when you purchase your ticket.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#197 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:51 PM

I think I'm with Crasher on this one, which related to this post. You paid your money, part of the ticket is the offer to clean up your junk if you wish, sometimes you use that service, sometimes you don't, but it's certainly part of the teams offer to you when you purchase your ticket.

Exactly! If I choose to take them up on the offer doesn't make me lazy either!

#198 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:58 PM

Exactly! If I choose to take them up on the offer doesn't make me lazy either!

When you stop living out of boxes I'll stop calling you lazy :P

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#199 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:05 PM

When you stop living out of boxes I'll stop calling you lazy :P

I'm not living out of boxes. The stuff in boxes is non-essentials like DVDs and computer stuff.

#200 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:10 PM

I'm not living out of boxes. The stuff in boxes is non-essentials like DVDs and computer stuff.

So wait, if those aren't essential then what is?
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users