210 replies to this topic

#41 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:40 AM

Quiet Devils fans annoy me more than anything else. Especially when they complain that Rangers fans are louder. Hello ... YOU ARE THE PROBLEM! Speak up and give our guys a home ice advantage. Don't give me this "They aren't giving us anything to cheer for" B.S. The players and the game give us an escape from our everyday realities, and the least we can do is vocally try to give them a lift. If you don't wanna yell, watch the game on TV. Hell, going some place public and screaming your face off is half the fun of going to a sporting event anyway.

I admit, I have my moments of reservation and silence for the team, but I cheer like hell when they score, and I sit solemnly when they don't. If other teams' fans get in my face, I laugh in theirs, coming into my arena and expecting a reaction out of me, I'd rather see where their reaction takes them.

Yeah, and the ushers need to grow a pair and tell people to sit down between whistles. I hate being the one who has to yell at people, there are people getting paid to do this.

I hate people yelling "SHOOT!", I love people yelling "RANGERS SUCK!"

And I forgot my biggest pet peeve--someone who sits there and is obviously with a friend less enthusiastic about hockey--and calls the name of EVERY PLAYER THAT TOUCHES THE PUCK. Whether they commentate or not, it bugs me like nothing else. I know the players' names, I could commentate if I wanted to. But part of going to a game is getting the game, and no commentary. Make whatever commentary you want in your head. Hell, get hired by MSG and go work for them. But not because you're sitting next to an uninformed friend. That got old five minutes in.

RANT OVER.

#42 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:17 AM

Also little kids behind or in front of me trying to start a lets go Devils chant.

Really????? :blink:

Surley kids making noise is a good thing, start them off early.

Isnt one of the biggest problems with the Devils fan base that we are so damn quiet?

So if kids are shouting at least thats some noise, they should be encouraged!

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#43 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:28 AM

I hate when that winged monster that lives up in the rafters swoops down and claws unsuspecting fans.

I won't even go see a game these days because of that.
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#44 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:26 AM

THE WAVE!

THE WAVE!

Did I mention?

THE WAVE!

12/7/07

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#45 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:33 AM

1. Rangers Suck chant when were not playing the Rags.
2. Ticket price and food price.
3. Drunk A-holes. OK, I probably was one when I was younger but I'm talking about the guys that are older who still act like they are 15.
4. All upper tier seats.
5. Driving home after.

Just a few of the reasons why I prefer my big screen & couch more & more. ^_^
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#46 Jerseydevils0324

Jerseydevils0324

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:54 AM

1. People who don't know hockey point out the most ovious things like offside, penalties, and icings.

2. I like little kids, but just not at a hockey game, they always have to use the bathroom, they cost you a lot of money on things they will waste, you always need to buy them a $20 sovenier, whether it's there 1st or 50th hockey game, and they don't watch they always search around and look for the mascot.

#47 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:57 AM

People yelling shoot while on the powerplay. In most cases, you only need to score once in 2 minutes, so let the players set up a high percentage shot. Plus, the idiots can't see from their seats if the player has a clear lane to the net, so maybe that's why he's not shooting. If he shot anyway, I'm sure the fans would jut be overjoyed by getting the shot blocked and giving up a shorthanded breakaway.

:clap:
SO TRUE!! Thank you that someone else feels this way!!! Most fans do not understand the PP strategy. I guess Most fans want to see the team shoot as many times as they can so the shorthanded teams gets many short handed break aways, and then those same fans will BOO because the team gave up a breakaway! LOL
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#48 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,282 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:26 AM

Really????? :blink:

Surley kids making noise is a good thing, start them off early.

Isnt one of the biggest problems with the Devils fan base that we are so damn quiet?

So if kids are shouting at least thats some noise, they should be encouraged!

Not when they go on after a chant for 15 god-awful minutes. 12859 "LETS GO DEVILS" MIGHT BE ENOUGH FOR NOW CHILDREN.

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#49 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:29 AM

Marty losing a shutout in the final seconds of a game! :evilcry:
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#50 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:38 AM

The worst thing ever happened last season. I was standing up during a shootout and the people behind me told me to sit down and be quiet. Hahahaha. It was in the balcony section and these people were a little too nicely dressed for the occasion, so I told them to go home.

I never stand during the shootout. Because the Hockey game ended and I do not wish to watch the skills competition...

Posted Image

#51 SC Devs Fan

SC Devs Fan

The News Guy

• Members
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:49 AM

Being around a bunch of kids. (I like to curse at the players)

My peeve is being in a section with kids and some lunkhead feels its his 1st amendment right to squeeze as much profanity as he can into a game under the heading "I paid for this ticket, I can say what I want".

That and someone infront of me who gets up for every shot or check then stays standing until the next commercial break.
"There is money in the banana stand"

George Bluth

#52 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:58 AM

What 7 said about the "swallow" part of the chant, whether it's applied to the Flyers or Gomez.

Oh, and also: "Why are they wearing their red jerseys at home?"

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#53 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,531 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:02 AM

I actually hate being scolded that I should be wearing red at home games....

1. all my cooler jerseys are WHITE ones
2. I picked all the players I like more on white ones because WHITE SHOULD BE WORN BY THE HOME TEAM
3. I am protesting the "make it easier to wear third jersey dogma the league shoves down our throat
4. I saw them win a Stanley Cup in 2003 wearing that damn Madden white jersey (I might have worn it at home in 2000 also... but I drank so much that night damned if I remember :P) if it was good enough then it is CERTAINLY good enough NOW!!!

Yes I hate being told how I should support a team I pour BUCKETS of money into!! :rant:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#54 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:29 AM

I'd say I hate fans who have no idea what they are talking about. These 2 quotes were said during Gretzky's last season (98-99) by Ranger fans sitting behind me at 2 different games, one in NY, one in NJ.

"Gretzky sucks. I could score his 9 goals." (Keep in mind, he had like 50 assists that year.)

And this one, after Gretzky does a no-look behind the back pass that tips off the end of Kovalev's stick (and would have given him a near empty net.)

"Oh god, trade him! He's useless now!" And you know both of them were talking about how great he was in April when he retired.

Oh, and this one at a Devs-Pens game...

"Led Zeppelin is totally overrated. Incubus is a much better band." Listen... I like Incubus a lot, but really?
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#55 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:37 AM

1. Rangers Suck chant when were not playing the Rangers.

2. Drunk A-holes.

#56 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:46 AM

Rangers Suck chant when we are losing to them or behind in the standings or not playing them
My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#57 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:00 AM

I'd say I hate fans who have no idea what they are talking about. These 2 quotes were said during Gretzky's last season (98-99) by Ranger fans sitting behind me at 2 different games, one in NY, one in NJ.

"Gretzky sucks. I could score his 9 goals." (Keep in mind, he had like 50 assists that year.)

And this one, after Gretzky does a no-look behind the back pass that tips off the end of Kovalev's stick (and would have given him a near empty net.)

"Oh god, trade him! He's useless now!" And you know both of them were talking about how great he was in April when he retired.

I agree. Gretzky was the greatest player to ever play the game. i cant stand people that bash him. He is the great one. No one will touch his skills for a loooong time. ovechkin, Crosby, they're good but not gretzky good..... Some "hockey fans" just dont get it.

Oh, and this one at a Devs-Pens game...

"Led Zeppelin is totally overrated. Incubus is a much better band." Listen... I like Incubus a lot, but really?

Thats Hilarious!!!

Posted Image

#58 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:43 AM

Rangers Suck chant when we are losing to them or behind in the standings or not playing them

+1

I also wanted to add that, for those of you who hate people who explain games to others, for some odd reason, I spend alot of time explaining American/Canadian sports to foreingers. Twice during Devils games, I've had people sitting next to me who tapped me on the shoulder, asking what was going on. This also happened with a German family in Toronto (it was a Yankees/Blue Jays game) and a group of I think Russians at Shea Stadium. I've also done a tutorial at one of the rare football games I've been to.

Personally, I think if you spend some time explaining the game to somebody, you're doing your part to spread the game to new fans. If you tell them to piss off, they wont come back. If you love hockey, you can take 10 minutes during the game to help somebody else love hockey. Just my opinion.
Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

#59 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:49 AM

People yelling shoot while on the powerplay. In most cases, you only need to score once in 2 minutes, so let the players set up a high percentage shot. Plus, the idiots can't see from their seats if the player has a clear lane to the net, so maybe that's why he's not shooting. If he shot anyway, I'm sure the fans would jut be overjoyed by getting the shot blocked and giving up a shorthanded breakaway.

Sorry, just needed to +1 here as well.

Unfortunately, real hockey doesn't work like NHL '94...you can't just take a shot from the circle and have it magically go in everytime. If only our fans would realize that... :D
Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

#60 SC Devs Fan

SC Devs Fan

The News Guy

• Members
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:15 AM

Ummm.... I'm not so against yelling shoot on the power play when you get to about 15 seconds left and still haven't taken one! And that might have happened to us once or twice...
"There is money in the banana stand"

George Bluth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users