210 replies to this topic

#61 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:52 AM

The guys who yell "HIT HIM" regardless of the situation.

Zero leg room in the upper deck. And I'm only 5'10"

Some teen who bounced his leg up and down all game since he's had far too much energy drink, and texts someone the entire game. What a waste of a ticket.

People who stand up or lean forward for too long, or at the worst times.
2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

#62 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:52 AM

Wayne Gretzky is a douchebag.

cghico.jpg

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#63 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:12 AM

Some teen who bounced his leg up and down all game since he's had far too much energy drink,

haha I actually do that sometimes. It's like an involuntary tick I inherited from my mother (thanks ma!). I don't even notice it until co-workers complain that their computer monitors are shaking :lol: . I don't spend the game texting people so I don't think you were referring to me, but let me take this time to apologize in advance if my leg shake annoys anyone at future games.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#64 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,078 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:44 PM

90% of the lower bowl just sitting on their hands the whole game. Feels like a damn country club down there sometimes.

#65 emptynet

emptynet

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:52 PM

People ripping 4th liners with comments like, "he sucks", "he skates like $hit", etc...

OK you're in the seats for a reason and he's on the ice for a reason...get it...RESPECT...
"He tried to run him into next week and only got a day and a half..." Doc Emeric

I think I need to go home and lie down... nothing makes sense any more. - MDDEVSFAN

Official Keeper of the Devils locker room

#66 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:59 PM

My biggest peeves:

Buffoons who do the "Rangers suck" chant while we are playing a game against another team.
I would rather they just yell: "I am a petty, insecure dolt" before the game so everyone knows where its coming from.

Other peeve:

Watching from the packed upper section, while the lower level corporate seats collect dust.

Edited by MantaRay, 18 July 2008 - 01:00 PM.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#67 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:01 PM

My biggest peeves:

Buffoons who do the "Rangers suck" chant while we are playing a game against another team.
I would rather they just yell: "I am a petty, insecure dolt" before the game so everyone knows where its coming from.

Other peeve:

Watching from the packed upper section, while the lower level corporate seats collect dust.

Well if u are in the upper deck u are just as guilty as the ones next to u for not filling the lower bowl ;)
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#68 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:04 PM

I really don't understand whats wrong with the Rangers suck chant, I love it.

cghico.jpg

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#69 brodeurrocks

brodeurrocks

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:04 PM

People yelling shoot while on the powerplay. In most cases, you only need to score once in 2 minutes, so let the players set up a high percentage shot. Plus, the idiots can't see from their seats if the player has a clear lane to the net, so maybe that's why he's not shooting. If he shot anyway, I'm sure the fans would jut be overjoyed by getting the shot blocked and giving up a shorthanded breakaway.

Bang on....this annoys me to no end...as if the player hadn't thought of shooting already. The game looks so easy from the stands.

Posted Image

Official Keeper of David Clarkson's Open Ice Hits!

Official Keeper of the stains on Chico's shirt and tie from "Chico Eats" episodes!

#70 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:31 PM

Not to single you out, because I have seen a bunch of people list this as a peeve, but one of my personal peeves is the people who quietly thumb their noses at the fans doing the Rangers Suck chants. To me, the people who think that chant is below them are more insecure than the fans enjoying a rivalry, even if those rivals aren't in the building. I say that because most people who are anti-Rangers Suck have "It makes us look bad" as one of their primary reasons. Concern over how others perceive you is pretty much the definition of insecure.

At least the Rangers Suck people are making some freakin noise. How anyone can look down on other fans for making noise when our arena is a library most nights is beyond me. Let's Go Devils would be better, but the same fans who look down on Rangers Suck chants also tend to sit on their hands for that too. Take what you can get, people. Home ice advantage doesn't create itself. And be thankful we have a rivalry heated enough to have half the arena voice its hatred for said rival when they aren't in town. Imagine being a Bluejackets fan. Ugh.

Edit: Sorry, I don't mean to turn this into another "Rangers Suck or no Rangers Suck" thread.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod, 18 July 2008 - 01:32 PM.

Posted Image

#71 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:42 PM

Not to single you out, because I have seen a bunch of people list this as a peeve, but one of my personal peeves is the people who quietly thumb their noses at the fans doing the Rangers Suck chants. To me, the people who think that chant is below them are more insecure than the fans enjoying a rivalry, even if those rivals aren't in the building. I say that because most people who are anti-Rangers Suck have "It makes us look bad" as one of their primary reasons. Concern over how others perceive you is pretty much the definition of insecure.

At least the Rangers Suck people are making some freakin noise. How anyone can look down on other fans for making noise when our arena is a library most nights is beyond me. Let's Go Devils would be better, but the same fans who look down on Rangers Suck chants also tend to sit on their hands for that too. Take what you can get, people. Home ice advantage doesn't create itself. And be thankful we have a rivalry heated enough to have half the arena voice its hatred for said rival when they aren't in town. Imagine being a Bluejackets fan. Ugh.

Edit: Sorry, I don't mean to turn this into another "Rangers Suck or no Rangers Suck" thread.

+1
and think of how much Marty loves the chant, how much it pumps him up hahah.

cghico.jpg

#72 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:53 PM

I don't want to turn this into that type of thread either

But I guess my best analogy for these "fans" would be:

Going out on a double date with your best friend and his NEW girlfriend. He has a couple of beers in him at dinner and then just rants and complains nonstop about his OLD girlfriend who jilted him.

Your just embarassed for him.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#73 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:01 PM

Zero leg room in the upper deck. And I'm only 5'10"

Dont mention this on HFboards or nj.com, they will just call you fat.
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#74 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,107 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:02 PM

+1

And the best is when people say "Well, I feel embarrassed"... we root for the Dev's, remember? One of 2 teams that hasn't been embarrassed in the last decade. I love the Rangers suck chant.. its fun and it lightens up the mood. Some people here are just little annoyed pricks... :/

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#75 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:07 PM

+1

And the best is when people say "Well, I feel embarrassed"... we root for the Dev's, remember? One of 2 teams that hasn't been embarrassed in the last decade. I love the Rangers suck chant.. its fun and it lightens up the mood. Some people here are just little annoyed pricks... :/

Then Cheer for the Devils.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#76 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:12 PM

So do Ranger fans. Nothing makes them laugh harder than an envious Devil fan.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#77 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:15 PM

Is that what Islander fans do to the Ranger fans?
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#78 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:18 PM

I don't want to turn this into that type of thread either

But I guess my best analogy for these "fans" would be:

Going out on a double date with your best friend and his NEW girlfriend. He has a couple of beers in him at dinner and then just rants and complains nonstop about his OLD girlfriend who jilted him.

Your just embarassed for him.

While I don't agree, I see where you're coming from. Fans either feel strongly one way or the other on this and I don't see any internet arguments swaying people to change their stances. My opinion is that fans should A) be loud and B) support the team and each other. Rangers Suck fans are loud, and anti-Rangers Suck people tend to be quiet and look down on their fellow fans.

Such a polarizing subject.
Posted Image

#79 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:22 PM

I've always thought Rangers Suck was a way of making fun of that ridiculous Potvin Sucks chant. At least the Rangers are still in the league (and do indeed suck). Potvin retired 20 years ago, has four Stanley Cup rings and is in the Hall of Fame. The whole chant originated when he hit some no-name and the jealous Rangers fans just latched on to it and still have yet to let go. Talk about embarassing. They say we stole it from them, but we're just mocking them.
Posted Image

#80 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:30 PM

While I don't agree, I see where you're coming from. Fans either feel strongly one way or the other on this and I don't see any internet arguments swaying people to change their stances. My opinion is that fans should A) be loud and B) support the team and each other. Rangers Suck fans are loud, and anti-Rangers Suck people tend to be quiet and look down on their fellow fans.

Such a polarizing subject.

It's not so polarizing. Everything has its place.
If we are playing the Rangers, I will yell this at the top of my lungs.

If we are playing Ottawa? Its just stupid.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users