22 replies to this topic

#21 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:36 PM

Which means we will finally be able to beat the rangers in shootouts next year.
Wouldn't surprise me to see him sneak on to the fourth line if Vrana/Bergfors aren't ready. Looking at that lineup we have a lot of grit but not a lot of pure talent players. Replace Rupp with Fedorov.

Rupp is a good player and played really good when on a line with Zubrus and Clarkson. But whats good is that this shows we have a lot of talented players worthy of playing in the NHL which gives us great depth and should keep players hungry knowing that if they play bad there is someone there to take their spot away.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#22 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:22 PM

So trade two prospects who are on the absolute low ebb of their worth? At least Gionta's only 2 years removed from a 48 goal season.

Zajac has two years under his belt and still has good potential. I really don't see him getting much ice time this year under Sutter. Teams are going to want Zajac as part of a package rather then Gionta. Bergfors doesn't fit a Sutter team.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#23 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:18 AM

Zajac has two years under his belt and still has good potential. I really don't see him getting much ice time this year under Sutter. Teams are going to want Zajac as part of a package rather then Gionta. Bergfors doesn't fit a Sutter team.

Holik's not a 2nd line center anymore. His numbers are comparable to Zajac's. Over the last 2 seasons with Atlanta he's averaged 16 minutes per game and scored 11 and 15 goals respectively. Zajac has scored 17 and 14 in similar amounts of ice time. Holik got an 8 in Alan Ryder's hockey analytics last season, Zajac a 25.

Bergfors has been going backwards since his first pro season.

You're not going to draw very much with those two. Neither will you with Gionta, but you get something for a guy who should be gone next season With Langenbrunner and Rolston under contract and Bergfors on the horizon, the writing is on the wall for Brian.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users