Photo

Leafs, Devs, Bruins trying to land Bouwmeester..

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#61 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:34 PM

Asking price for Bouwmeester is Parise straight up or some package like Zajac + Gionta + Corrente + 1st.

Some of the proposals in this thread are laughable.

Yeah I know. The Devils would NEVER trade Parise, who would think that :rofl: and wouldn't give up that much for a player.

Edited by Prucenterrules, 24 July 2008 - 09:36 PM.

Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#62 Voros19

Voros19

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:43 PM

Yeah I know. The Devils would NEVER trade Parise, who would think that :rofl: and wouldn't give up that much for a player.

I guess 24-year old, all-around #1 defensemen grow on trees these days.
Posted Image

Enjoy your dream world. It's on schedule to come crashing down on or about November 1.

#63 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:29 PM

I didn't realize he was jesus on skates...please trade whole team for one player go.
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#64 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,170 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:36 PM

You are making him sound like God. I would not trade Parise for Bouwmeester, thats way out of the question. This team needs offense more than defense right now, and selling Parise (and/or more) for Bouwmeester is a joke.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#65 Voros19

Voros19

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:13 AM

You are making him sound like God. I would not trade Parise for Bouwmeester, thats way out of the question. This team needs offense more than defense right now, and selling Parise (and/or more) for Bouwmeester is a joke.

I didn't realize he was jesus on skates...please trade whole team for one player go.

Not sure how Zajac, coming off a 34 point season, and Gionta, a UFA to be, plus a prospect and a pick qualifies as the "whole team", but whatever.

I guess you guys are quite ignorant of how good Bouwmeester really is. He's 6'4", one of the best skaters in the league, a rock in his own end, and a good powerplay quarterback. I can't think of one defenseman in the league that combines his size, skating ability, and two-way prowess. Pronger, but no one else really. Jay-Bo is already a top 15 defenseman in the NHL, and will be top 5 within a couple years time. Trading for him would be a tremendous boon to the franchise.

Parise had 33 goals last year, Bouwmeester 15. Also consider that Bouwmeester's puck-moving ability and powerplay skills will lead to an increase in goals for a number of Devils forwards. Additionally, he'd take pressure off of players like Paul Martin and Johnny Oduya, allowing them to harness their offensive skills to a greater degree. So yeah, not really seeing how it would be a joke.

I guess expecting objectivity from some of the posters here is a bit too much.

Edited by Voros19, 25 July 2008 - 01:14 AM.

Posted Image

Enjoy your dream world. It's on schedule to come crashing down on or about November 1.

#66 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 06:26 AM

I would agree with Voros Parise for Bouwmeester is a fair deal for both sides. Lou would look to get the deal done without giving up Parise and would probably go with Gio Zajac and a prospect if possible.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#67 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,170 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:42 AM

Gio and Zajac i could care less about if we dealt in a big package including some prospects like Corrente and draft pick(s).. no PArise though
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#68 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:46 AM

The Devils wouldn't deal Parise for JBO most likely but that is probably a fair deal in terms of value.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#69 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:20 AM

I would agree with Voros Parise for Bouwmeester is a fair deal for both sides.

Are you kidding me????

That would be pure stupidity. That would be a pure Garth Snow type of move. Lou would never be that silly.

Don't overrate Bouwmeester.

Edited by MantaRay, 25 July 2008 - 08:21 AM.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#70 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:46 AM

If we traded Voros and Parise for Bouwmeester I would seriously cry. That would be by far the worst trade in Devils history.

#71 Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:48 AM

LOL, this made me chuckle.
"Marion Gaborik scored his 65th, 66th, 67th, and 68th goals of the season tonight.

However, The Rangers were beaten by the Maple Leafs 6-4. Rather than bore you with those highlights, let's enjoy yet another encore presentation of our great MSG documentary, "1994: The Year We Can't Stop Thinking About" " - Warren

#72 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:52 AM

Are you kidding me????

That would be pure stupidity. That would be a pure Garth Snow type of move. Lou would never be that silly.

Don't overrate Bouwmeester.

or overrate Parise. Which player would get more if both were made unrestricted free agents today? It would be JBO by 15% or so most likely. They're both great young players but there are more great young forwards in the league then great young defenseman.

If we traded Voros and Parise for Bouwmeester I would seriously cry. That would be by far the worst trade in Devils history.

Voros is a Ranger and he isn't very good anyway so even if he was a Devil including him in any deal wouldn't matter.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#73 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:00 AM

or overrate Parise. Which player would get more if both were made unrestricted free agents today? It would be JBO by 15% or so most likely. They're both great young players but there are more great young forwards in the league then great young defenseman.

Voros is a Ranger and he isn't very good anyway so even if he was a Devil including him in any deal wouldn't matter.

Send them Gionta, Zajac (or Corrente) and a #1 and get it done.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#74 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:14 AM

This string has gotten absolutely ridiculous. It's absurd to think Florida would be looking for Parise and/or Martin, both under contract beyond this season, our top forward and our top D, for JBO, likely under contract for this season only. Florida will attempt to cut their losses, and they'll take the best deal (IF they can't sign JBO long term), but that deal won't be for a team's best player. Forget that notion.

Florida may want picks or young players, but come on people, Parise??? He's our only 30 goal scorer and will likely develop into an 80-point guy.

I can imaging them inquiring about Zajac (since he had an off-year), Gionta (since he's not terribly expensive for a potential first line guy at 4m and NJ could conceivably live without him), Oduya (if they think he will continue to develop), Corrente, Bergfors, 1st and 2nd round draft picks, etc.

Otherwise, they're not going to ask for Brodeur, Parise, Martin, so on and so forth, unless their GM is out of his gord and entirely out of touch with his own situation.

JBO can't walk on water, but he is a rare breed, and I really think it would be a great acquisition, and as I said yesterday, would gladly give up farm prospects, and probably even a 1st round pick to get him (since our picks are usually low first round anyway, and JBO is now a bona fide top-pair guy, and is only 24 or 25 yrs old).

But please, these Parise comments are completely off the mark. That would never, ever happen.

#75 Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:17 AM

Why on earth would we ever get rid of one of our top scorers when goals are NOT coming easy nowadays? Sure he's a great D-man, but c'mon now.

Edited by Baggy Spandex, 25 July 2008 - 09:17 AM.

"Marion Gaborik scored his 65th, 66th, 67th, and 68th goals of the season tonight.

However, The Rangers were beaten by the Maple Leafs 6-4. Rather than bore you with those highlights, let's enjoy yet another encore presentation of our great MSG documentary, "1994: The Year We Can't Stop Thinking About" " - Warren

#76 bg.

bg.

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:20 AM

If you are Florida and dealing Bouwmeester you MUST ask for Parise.

For this trade to make any sense for the Devils it would have to be done to NOT include Parise, but to suggest that they are not fair value, or a trade like this would be one of the "worst trades in Devil history", is just plain wrong.

Remember the Shannhan for Pronger trade? Shanny was a 27 year old all-star who had twice scored 50 goals. Pronger was a 21/22 year old who wasn't anywhere close to what Bouwmeester is today. Just wondering...how did that trade turn out?

Some of you said it, a youg d-man who could potentitally be a Norris trophy winner down the road is worth more than all but the very very best young forwards. No knock against Parise, but he is not in that category. To be honest, there are only a handful of guys who fall into that category...two of them play for Pitt and one in Washington.

Edited by bg., 25 July 2008 - 09:22 AM.

#77 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:24 AM

The open market is subjective an based on individual team needs and their cap situation.

While I agree that a good young defensemen is more valuable than a forward, Parise's salary ($2.5) allows us to sign a Rolston and a Holik, while Bouwmeester will go to salary arbitration looking for around $5-6 million.

Parise (65 points, +13) at $2.5 is far more valuable for a teams success than Boumeester (37 points, -5) at $5 million.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#78 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:31 AM

If you are Florida and dealing Bouwmeester you MUST ask for Parise.

You must ask for, but won't get Parise.

Since acquiring Boyton and Ballard, along with Van Ryn, Montador, Mezei and Skrastins, have alot of talented young D making Boumeester expendible.

Add this to the fact that Boumeester doesn't want to be there, I believe after a 1-year arbitration settlement makes him a UFA after this year. They will accept the highest bid regardless of who it involves.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#79 bg.

bg.

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:31 AM

First things first, Parise is 3.125 not 2.5. Given that teams can bury money in the AHL, LTIR, god only knows where else, cap # is the only number that means anything to the majority of teams.

Second, how can you compare a stat like +/- for a Florida and NJ player? Aside from the fact that the stat is so dependent on the team you are on and NJ / FLA aren't in the same ballpark, you can poke plenty of holes in that stat (i.e., Malik is + 122 over the last 5 years...). The only more useless stat (IMO) is face off win %. 95% of them mean zlich, 5% mean everything. Want to know how a guy does on those...not a netural zone draw in the second period.

Third, isn't Bouwmeester 24 - if so, he's got some time before he's a UFA. I would say 2 yrs min.

Edited by bg., 25 July 2008 - 09:40 AM.

#80 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:55 AM

First things first, Parise is 3.125 not 2.5. Given that teams can bury money in the AHL, LTIR, god only knows where else, cap # is the only number that means anything to the majority of teams.

Second, how can you compare a stat like +/- for a Florida and NJ player? Aside from the fact that the stat is so dependent on the team you are on and NJ / FLA aren't in the same ballpark, you can poke plenty of holes in that stat (i.e., Malik is + 122 over the last 5 years...)

Third, isn't Bouwmeester 24 - if so, he's got some time before he's a UFA. I would say 2 yrs min.

According the NHLPA its $2.5.

I thought if a player went to arbitration (which he is) he would only get a 1-year settlement and would then be eligible for UFA status.

Malik is a very, very good defensemen who was also +58 in two years prior to him coming to NY from Vancouver. Everywhere he plays it seems his teams improve defensively and in the win column.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users