Photo

Will Jeff Frazee be Martin Brodeur's successor with the Devils?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:47 PM

Goalie Jeff Frazee had a forgettable season at the University of Minnesota last winter. In the eyes of some, he was no longer a legitimate long-term successor to Martin Brodeur.
As the 2005 draft choice (second pick, 38th overall by the Devils) takes part in the team's develoipmental camp at the Prudential Center, there is renewed hope that he can turn his game around and start climbing the ladder to the NHL.

"His career is on the way up," GM Lou Lamoriello said. "He's a genuine prospect. His career is on the upswing. We look at him as a top prospect."
It is one of the reasons why the Devils brought Scott Clemmensen back, to work with Frazee at Lowell (AHL) this season.
"He (Clemmensen) seems like a great guy," Frazee said today. "He's played in the NHL. He's definitely someone I hope to learn from."
Frazee, 21, is hesitant to talk about what happened last year in college. He was viewed as Minnesota;s No. 1 goalie, but lost the job and was criticized by the coaching staff.

http://www.nj.com/de...urs_succes.html
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#2 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,113 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:28 PM

I doubt it.

#3 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:41 PM

Brodeur is 36.. Hes been in excellent shape and has never sustained injury.. so I think Marty can play to like 43 or 44 if he really wants.. By the time Marty is like 43 or 44, Frazee will be like 29 or 30.. I dont think he will still be in the system by that age
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#4 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,981 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:28 PM

Brodeur is 36.. Hes been in excellent shape and has never sustained injury.. so I think Marty can play to like 43 or 44 if he really wants.. By the time Marty is like 43 or 44, Frazee will be like 29 or 30.. I dont think he will still be in the system by that age

Wow, really good point. Having the future of the franchise be 30 isn't smart at all...

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#5 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:43 PM

43 or 44 is really old to be playing hockey, and goalies usually retire earlier than skaters. I'll be amazed if he is still playing in 2015.

Edited by devilsfan26, 25 July 2008 - 03:46 PM.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#6 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:51 PM

43 or 44 is really old to be playing hockey, and goalies usually retire earlier than skaters. I'll be amazed if he is still playing in 2015.

Dominik Hasek? 43. Maybe 44 was pushing it.. by I believe Marty can go a bit past 40..
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#7 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:27 PM

Marty said he wants to play into his 40s.

#8 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:06 PM

I don't see Frazee being Marty's successor.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#9 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:14 PM

No one knows how he'll turn out. The Devils must see something in him if they are investing in him, and bringing in Clemmer. I'm not saying he'll be a true number one, but remember, in the summer of 1993, Marty was about 4th on the depth chart so you just never know. The other 'big' goalies in the 90 draft were Potvin and Kidd, and they are long gone.

People may need to come to grips with the fact that Marty's successor may be mediocre. It's gonna take some getting used to if it happens.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#10 titans04

titans04

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:45 PM

The more likely scenario is we'll be saying Frazee who?

#11 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:40 AM

Ari who?

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#12 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,615 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:44 AM

The more likely scenario is we'll be saying Frazee who?

So the Devils are going to destroy yet another goaltender and we'll be proud of it?
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#13 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 03:18 PM

So the Devils are going to destroy yet another goaltender and we'll be proud of it?

I think the Devils will give Frazee every opportunity to be Marty's back up by 2010-11, and I think he'll be the first guy they look to when Marty hangs em up in 2013. Unless, of course they draft a kid who surprises them before that. Either way, with how Lou works, Marty's successor comes from within the organization.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#14 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:54 PM

I think the Devils will give Frazee every opportunity to be Marty's back up by 2010-11, and I think he'll be the first guy they look to when Marty hangs em up in 2013. Unless, of course they draft a kid who surprises them before that. Either way, with how Lou works, Marty's successor comes from within the organization.

Yeah most likely.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#15 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:08 PM

I don't think Frazee will be the successor for Marty. The same thing was said about Clemmenson. Marty still has another 4-5 years I think. So it will still be a while before his replacement is found.

#16 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,497 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:42 PM

I don't think Frazee will be the successor for Marty. The same thing was said about Clemmenson. Marty still has another 4-5 years I think. So it will still be a while before his replacement is found.

Nobody ever said that about Clemmy :lol:
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#17 the cyknus

the cyknus

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:48 PM

Anthony Brodeur is draft eligible in 2014
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

#18 DEATHtoGOMEZ

DEATHtoGOMEZ

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:41 PM

Mason of Cloumbus should be our next goaltender.
Posted Image
Gomez smells....

#19 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:57 PM

Mason of Cloumbus should be our next goaltender.

+1

He has a brodeur style, and i'm sure the devils will hire marty as a goaltending coach when he retires.

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#20 KC Devil

KC Devil

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:43 PM

People may need to come to grips with the fact that Marty's successor may be mediocre. It's gonna take some getting used to if it happens.

I'm already used to it. A point out of first, with games in hand? Granted, we are just 1/2-way through the season, but I could live with this type of season EVERY year, post-Marty.

Mike Martin
KC Devil
Mike Martin
KC Devil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users