9 replies to this topic

#1 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 02:45 PM

Personally, I think this a bigger game tonight then most people realize. The obvious reason is a win sets up tomorrow's game to be memorable. They could clinch the division and eliminate the rags both in the same game, which would be a marvelous night for Devil fans (it's even sweeter happening at MSG).

However, most importantly is the intimidation factor. By slamming the Bruins tonight, the Devs would put some doubt in the B's minds before the playoffs start. Come out and let them know the Devs have every intention of clinching the #2 seed, and every game they see them will be tonight (hopefully an energetic, physical game resulting in a win).

#2 #1DevsFan

#1DevsFan

Draft Pick

• Suspended
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 02:56 PM

I'd rather see a hard-fought one goal win for the Devils, a blowout and they be a little overconfident in the playoffs. The B's are tough, don't want to look past them.

#3 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 04:09 PM

Thats what I dont like to see... Writing teams off leads to the Carolina of last year...

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#4 mebenz

mebenz

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 04:18 PM

I hear ya, I definitely don't want to see the Devils take the Bruins lightly.

#5 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,758 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 04:18 PM

These Devils are not going to write anyone off.

If they win the division, they should play the Bruins, and they should beat the Bruins in 5. This is not a particularly strong team. The Devils are better in almost all aspects.

Anyone remember the last game of 2000? Arnott's game winner set the tone for the Panthers-Devils playoff series.

Devils have to win tonight.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#6 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 04:42 PM

These Devils are not going to write anyone off.

If they win the division, they should play the Bruins, and they should beat the Bruins in 5. This is not a particularly strong team. The Devils are better in almost all aspects.

Anyone remember the last game of 2000? Arnott's game winner set the tone for the Panthers-Devils playoff series.

Devils have to win tonight.

Exactly what I was getting at Tri. Set the tone now.

#7 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 06:42 PM

Could be a preview for Round One. They need to win to keep ahead of the on-a-roll Phailures. Losses in these last few games might play with their heads a bit then there are the time in bewteen last games and playoffs.
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#8 CMaGee

CMaGee

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 07:49 PM

Forget the playoffs. Win the division first! I'd rather not see Toronto is the 1st round. Let the Leafs and Flyers beat eachother up.

#9 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 08:05 PM

Whoever comes out of that though, will be primed, not a defeated team as many predict...

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#10 Sarge18

Sarge18

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 08:07 PM

Aylbert they may be primed, and pumped up, but they will be beat up and tired, no way around that.
"Jay Pandolfo's last game at Boston University was against the Wolverines," Madden said. "My job was to cover his line. Jay had scored something like 30 goals in 30 games that season. And that was his 31st game. Guess what happened?"

"We always joke about it now," Madden said. "Jay tells me: 'You shut me down that game and you've been shutting me down ever since. The only problem is, now you're playing with me. ' "

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users