Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:28 AM

http://www.timesonli...icle4583174.ece

International Olympic Committee launches probe into He Kexin's age

[quote]An IOC official told The Times that because of "discrepancies" that have come to light about the age of He Kexin, the host nation
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#123 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:18 PM

THE US WOMEN BEAT BRAZIL 1-0 AND WON THE GOLD MEDAL! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I feel bad for Brazil. The have been the dominating the last years yet can

#124 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:23 PM

A German girl just won the Gold in Modern Pentathlon. This has to be the weirdest sport, a combination of shooting, fencing, swimming, horse riding and running. I

#125 Copper Kettle

Copper Kettle

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:31 PM

[quote name='eaglejelly' post='641600' date='Aug 22 2008, 01:23 PM']A German girl just won the Gold in Modern Pentathlon. This has to be the weirdest sport, a combination of shooting, fencing, swimming, horse riding and running. I

#126 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:31 PM

[quote name='eaglejelly' post='641600' date='Aug 22 2008, 12:23 PM']A German girl just won the Gold in Modern Pentathlon. This has to be the weirdest sport, a combination of shooting, fencing, swimming, horse riding and running. I
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#127 DEVILS>Rangers

DEVILS>Rangers

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 03:37 PM

lol cabinet making

#128 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 03:52 PM

lol cabinet making

haha yea I like hide the hamster and boat repair.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#129 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:08 AM

Cuban taekwondo athlete banned after kicking ref
Posted Image

#130 DEVILS>Rangers

DEVILS>Rangers

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:04 AM

Posted Image

I dont see why theres an injury time limit

#131 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:07 AM

"Lifetime ban of the coach and athlete in all championships sanctioned by the (World Taekwondo Federation) and at the same time, all records of this athlete at the Beijing Games will immediately be erased," said the announcer, reading a WTF release."

Haha the WTF
--John Buccigross

#132 DEVILS>Rangers

DEVILS>Rangers

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:15 AM

i cant stop looking at the refs expression, clarkson should have done that to the refs in all the games last season where we got gipped of goals, except with a shoe after the game, we dont need another zednik "accident"

Edited by DEVILS>Rangers, 23 August 2008 - 11:16 AM.

#133 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 05:31 PM

I love the initials for World Taekwondo Foundation or whatever... read the last sentence in this paragraph :lol: :lol: :lol:

"This is a strong violation of the spirit of taekwondo and the Olympic Games. The sanctions are the following and are effective immediately: Lifetime ban of the coach and athlete in all championships sanctioned by the (World Taekwondo Federation) and at the same time, all records of this athlete at the Beijing Games will immediately be erased," said the announcer, reading a WTF release.

EDIT: Oops, got beaten to it. Eh whatever.

Edited by Martysb3tt3r, 23 August 2008 - 05:32 PM.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#134 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,855 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 05:59 PM

I watched some of the taekwondo (a Canadian woman won a silver medal in the event). I don't know if it is tradition or what, but one competitor bowed down to her opposition before the match, showing that the top of the headgear has a giant "WTF" ensignia on top. I got a good chuckle out of that.

As for the kicked judge, I think there were quite a few judges this Olympics that deserved a kick in the face more than this guy. There was some really, really, really bad judging in a lot of events... but in this case, the Cuban WAS down for a very long time. I think the official was more than correct in calling the match. Even if he wasn't, you don't kick someone in the face.... I think the Cuban athlete should be arrested by the Chinese authorities and thrown in the worst pit of hell in the country (where they put the Falun Gong).

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I just read on another site that Iceland could win their first gold medal ever at the summer Olympics. It would be funny and great at the same time to see a country named "ICELAND" win a summer games gold medal. :) It's sorta like the Jamaican bobsled team. :)

Edited by Don, 23 August 2008 - 06:01 PM.

"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#135 ciyenne

ciyenne

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:27 AM

I saw that too! A very upper crust sounding event. Next time they should include a spot of cricket and tea. :P

It's based on the skills a 19th century gentleman would need in the army: riding, swimming, shooting, running and sword fighting.
Keeper of the Nieds Captaincy: dignity, courage, grace and fortitude.

"Row row row the boat, gently down the stream, BELTS OFF, TROUSERS DOWN, ISN'T LIFE A SCREAM, WEY!"

Bark like a chicken, cluck like a dog.

" when I am an old woman, I shall wear purple...'

#136 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,839 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:38 AM

It's based on the skills a 19th century gentleman would need in the army: riding, swimming, shooting, running and sword fighting.

Oh my God, you actually LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
:hi: :hi:
Hey stranger!!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#137 Mike441

Mike441

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:14 PM

USA BAsketball wins gold in a great game. Yeah i watched the whole thing and it was worth only getting 4 hours of sleep

#138 ciyenne

ciyenne

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:16 PM

Oh my God, you actually LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
:hi: :hi:
Hey stranger!!

Hey!

Yeah, I lurk now and snigger at newbies, and am only drawn from my hermit-itude by undeniable urges to clarify minority sporting events at the Olympics.

My favourite was the dressage horse dancing to the BeeGees. Camper than a row of rainbow tents.
Keeper of the Nieds Captaincy: dignity, courage, grace and fortitude.

"Row row row the boat, gently down the stream, BELTS OFF, TROUSERS DOWN, ISN'T LIFE A SCREAM, WEY!"

Bark like a chicken, cluck like a dog.

" when I am an old woman, I shall wear purple...'

#139 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,839 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:41 PM

Well come Ciy, what more minor sport is there then hockey??

(OK Badmintion is just rated R-Tarded :P, and synchronized diving is pretty brutal too)

and you're supposed to outwardly mock the noobs and panic seekers on here... makes it more entertaining for the smart people!! :lol:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#140 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:28 PM

Hey!

Yeah, I lurk now and snigger at newbies, and am only drawn from my hermit-itude by undeniable urges to clarify minority sporting events at the Olympics.

My favourite was the dressage horse dancing to the BeeGees. Camper than a row of rainbow tents.

We expect an in-depth analysis of 2012 and updates of the construction/ infrastructure progress ... :koolaid:
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users