#21 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:10 PM

Why don't you just mail the order in?

I actually bought four tix when they went on pre-sale yesterday, completely forgetting about the mail-in offer :doh1: I'm talking more for games besides the opener, I kind of expected a code or two up for the Stars or Flyers games by now. But I guess they probably wait until after the general on-sale to gauge how many tickets they've got for group sales.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#22 themiddle91489

themiddle91489

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:51 PM

Yeah, I need a few for that Flyers game myself.
Attended Games: 2-1-1.
GDT's: 0-0.

#23 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:23 PM

Damn, are they ALL Devils fans? If so, you gotta bring that same crew to all Rangers-Devils games!

You got 16 extra tickets? :koolaid:
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#24 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,094 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:39 PM

This why they can get more DEVILS FANS in the building.

unfortunately, i'm sure rangers fans could just as easily get the codes as a devils fan.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#25 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:09 AM

Hey did anyone get their tickets yet from the mail in offer?
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#26 Crisis

Crisis

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 03:35 PM

Can anyone hook me up with some info on how to get some tickets for $38 via that mail in offer thing. Like address or whatever I need.
"People said his brain was infected by Devils."
Posted Image

#27 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 03:43 PM

Can anyone hook me up with some info on how to get some tickets for $38 via that mail in offer thing. Like address or whatever I need.

I just updated the PDF file link because it looks like it was down. If the link doesn't work, go to devilsfanclub.org and find it on the main page there.

Side note: It says "Order online (link available soon) or drop off your order form at our Game Night Table during pre-season games.", so it looks like you may have some more choices than just mailing it in.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.

#28 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:36 AM

You got 16 extra tickets? :koolaid:

:rimshot:

#29 JerseyGirl71

JerseyGirl71

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:21 AM

Hey did anyone get their tickets yet from the mail in offer?

It may take a while. Last year I think I had to pick them up at the box office. Which sucked to stand in that damn line for will call. (Tho I did see Kevin Smith walk in the side VIP door!) LOL
New Jersey Devils Hockey Fans Meetup Group
http://www.meetup.co...ls-Hockey-Fans/
Come join us!

#30 JerseyGirl71

JerseyGirl71

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:40 PM

Why don't you just mail the order in?

K.. so I was at the Fanclub meeting tonight and was told the reason why there aren't any codes popping up.. apparently due to last year's use of the codes by those other than the groups they were intended for (i.e. them being shared all over the boards) they are trying to come up with ways to make it harder to use them. That's why the fanclub used a mail-in order form for the tickets on opening night. It was mentioned that other groups are trying to find other similar ways to prevent mis-use of their group codes... (one example given that say verizon had a deals for their employees.. tickets could only be ordered using a verizon employee email addy). So they're going to screw us instead of allow more people to go to games... stupid move if you ask me but I can understand it.. I know there were some that bitched about paying their reg price only to see people sitting there that paid half price.

At any rate.. if you are planning on getting tickets thru the fanclub order form do it NOW!! Sales will be cut off the end of next week!!!!! Download the form and get your money in!
Come join us!

#31 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:48 PM

K.. so I was at the Fanclub meeting tonight and was told the reason why there aren't any codes popping up.. apparently due to last year's use of the codes by those other than the groups they were intended for (i.e. them being shared all over the boards) they are trying to come up with ways to make it harder to use them. That's why the fanclub used a mail-in order form for the tickets on opening night. It was mentioned that other groups are trying to find other similar ways to prevent mis-use of their group codes... (one example given that say verizon had a deals for their employees.. tickets could only be ordered using a verizon employee email addy). So they're going to screw us instead of allow more people to go to games... stupid move if you ask me but I can understand it.. I know there were some that bitched about paying their reg price only to see people sitting there that paid half price.

At any rate.. if you are planning on getting tickets thru the fanclub order form do it NOW!! Sales will be cut off the end of next week!!!!! Download the form and get your money in!

Oh fer chrissakes.

Y'know, it wasn't just us. Devils ticket window employees were giving out codes too. My father tried to use a State Employee one my mother got through her job, found it had expired, called the box office, and they gave him a boy scout code to use, plus like three others for later games.

If this is true, they're bloody insane.

#32 themiddle91489

themiddle91489

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:09 PM

WHAT THE HELL.

It's not even like all the seats were being taken. Ugh. I'm so upset if this is true.

#33 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:11 PM

Oh fer chrissakes.

Y'know, it wasn't just us. Devils ticket window employees were giving out codes too. My father tried to use a State Employee one my mother got through her job, found it had expired, called the box office, and they gave him a boy scout code to use, plus like three others for later games.

If this is true, they're bloody insane.

This is probably part of the reason why you're not going to get codes anymore. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the sponsors pay for a portion of the tickets sold under the codes, unless it's charitable by the Devils (I guess a fan club deal would be so), right?

Well, if so, it's pretty easy to figure out why they would be pissed off when 500 people punch their code instead of, say the 25 they intended.

#34 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:11 PM

I wouldn't get too upset yet. I mean, it does suck, but I'm sure we'll find ways around it.
Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#35 JerseyGirl71

JerseyGirl71

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:53 AM

I wouldn't get too upset yet. I mean, it does suck, but I'm sure we'll find ways around it.

Yeah it does suck. Guess I should look into a partial plan now.. I didn't realize that the sponsor of the group deal had to pay a portion of the ticket.. oops! I always wondered how that kinda worked?! LMAO I can understand why a ton of other people using the codes then would piss a lot of sponsors off. Tho I don't think I took advantage of many offers last season since they're all for upstairs seats and most of the peeps I went to CAA with the season before Newark hate upstairs seating now. I wonder if that's why they lowered the ticket prices over all for season buyers... to try to entice those of us who used the codes to buy real tickets if they were more reasonably priced?

But yeah.. if you want opening night tix.. use the fanclub order form but do it by the end of next week when they cut off sales for it!! I can't go, gotta be in A.C. for a work thing.. :( (If only the Devs had put the new schedule up before I had to book A.C. I wouldn't have agreed to go! RATS!! :noclue: )
Come join us!

#36 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:54 AM

That's the right attitude. When they still played at CAA, my friend and I used to hang around outside the entrances asking anyone and everyone if they had any extra tickets. And nine times out of 10, we would get great seats for cheap. Even during the playoffs.

#37 JerseyGirl71

JerseyGirl71

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:21 AM

That's the right attitude. When they still played at CAA, my friend and I used to hang around outside the entrances asking anyone and everyone if they had any extra tickets. And nine times out of 10, we would get great seats for cheap. Even during the playoffs.

Yeah I did that with a friend last season for a couple of games.. even got tix for free sometimes like that!
Come join us!

#38 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:11 PM

Well if they do this they'll lose more of the already lame attendence.
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#39 themiddle91489

themiddle91489

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:22 AM

I got my Opening Night tix tonight. I can't believe how good they are.

105 (where the Devils shoot twice)
Row 7 (Pretty far down)
Seats 1-4 (Aisle Seats!)

Woo! Where did everyone else get?

#40 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:38 PM

Mine came in the mail yesterday. Section 106, row 4, seats 1-14. BOOYA!!
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users