2182 replies to this topic

#241 3CUPSN9

3CUPSN9

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:39 PM

I know of Ben Rufener and his collection ( www.gameusedhockey.com ) but I'm not familiar with Frank Perone. Is there anywhere I can see his collection online?

Ben and I have had trade discussions in the past, but they always fall through, partly because he asks for A LOT in return, and partly because his return emails are very sporadic and unreliable.

Here is his stuff. http://community.web...user/frankper16

I sold him my Greene opening night jersey last year, but has yet to put it up.

My Brodeur Game Worn / Used Collection http://www.flickr.co...56946@N06/sets/

#242 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:47 PM

Here is his stuff. http://community.web...user/frankper16

I sold him my Greene opening night jersey last year, but has yet to put it up.

Nice collection...especially the Brodeur. Makes you wonder what else he has that isn't on there.

I would trade every jersey I had for a Brodeur lol....maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to have one.
Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#243 3CUPSN9

3CUPSN9

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:57 PM

Nice collection...especially the Brodeur. Makes you wonder what else he has that isn't on there.

I would trade every jersey I had for a Brodeur lol....maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to have one.

His Holik pro player is awesome, along with the Brodeur jersey. I think he might work for the Devils as part of the event management team. I traded a couple of emails with him when he wanted to buy the Greene, and he said that he had tons more jerseys to put up on the site.

#244 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:14 PM

I've dealt with Frank via ebay I believe, but I had no idea who he was at the time.

I've had similar experiences with Ben Rufenor where he wants A LOT for what he has. He offered me an even up trade on a my 92-93 Richer for a 07-08 Jack Skille Ice Hogs with autograph. I've had two-to-three trades that fell through because he stopped replying to my emails. I know that Jordan and I are NOT the only ones who have experienced this with him, but I'll let them speak if they want to. Ben is a seems to be a nice guy to talk to as we spoke at the expo this past year, but I don't think he has done much in the way of trading or selling. I remember at the expo I really wanted the Chorske gloves/skates he had, but he said he was going to make a package deal for all of his items to someone. I asked (thinking taking the Chorske gloves out wouldn't matter to anyone reallY) about just getting the Chorske and he explained "It was a package deal". I just wish he would follow through with a trade and more so communication. Again, I chatted with the guy and he seemed nice from my one meeting with him, but trading is next to impossible.

Getting back to Frank. From what I have heard, he is a legend in terms of having had, or currently owning a TON of sweaters. I suspect items we all would want either sit wit him or have come through him at some point. I always read my LOA and see who owned the sweater before me (if applicable). His name appears on three or four of my LOA... Only one person trumps him: Some guy named Mike Martin.

Edited by Chorske17, 09 March 2009 - 08:50 PM.

Game Worn Devils Collector! Please contact me concerning all things: Tom Chorske, Patrik Elias, David Hale, Bobby Holik, Jamie Langenbrunner, Grant Marshall, Kirk Muller, & Brian Rolston.

#245 3CUPSN9

3CUPSN9

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:35 PM

Ice hogs? Sounds fair....(PS I have no idea what they are or who he is).

#246 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:54 PM

Speaking of trades, it seems I'm becoming a trading machine as of late.

When I first started collecting, I could have never imagined trading or selling any of my jerseys. I figured once I got something, it would stay in my collection forever. The first time I traded/sold even just a stick was hard for me, and to date I've only ever moved two. Just last week, I traded away a jersey for the first time ever, my 01-02 Brylin. I had picked up a 96-97 Brylin Rats jersey, so I decided to send off my NJD Brylin for a Madden (in sticking with my goal of having as many different Devils players as possible, rather than multiples of a particular player)...by the way, thanks Mike, the Madden is great!

Anyway, the point of this rambling post is, I have the chance to make a pretty significant swap and I'm torn on what to do.

I have someone interested in my Sykora jersey and another person wants to buy the Brylin River Rats I just got. If I sell those two, I would be able to acquire Brian Gionta's '03 white Cup Finals jersey if I chip in a few dollars out of pocket.

I don't know what to do!! If you guys were in my position, what would you do?

Gionta is one of my all-time favorites, but getting rid of my Sykora and such a unique jersey in the Brylin Rats would be hard to do.

Help me!
Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#247 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:26 PM

First,

The Ice Hogs are a minor league affiliate to the Chicago Blackhawks. Second, Skille is draft pick of the Hawks and has played maybe 30 NHL games over two or three seasons. He is grinder/power forward whom my wife and I like. However, I don't think an unproven player like Skille should equal a 750+ point former forward with two fifty goal season. Call me crazy!
:whistling:

As far as you Jordan... I really like the River Rats Brylin. THAT IS UNIQUE. Lots of people can say they own a Brylin Devils, but I don't know anyone who owns Brylin Rats. The red set SCF sweaters (like Giontas) were worn for TWO (that's right 2) games max due to the fact that in the finals the players wear the MeiGray sweater we can buy until one team hits three wins. At that point, both teams get a new sweater that the players get to keep. Sure the patch is cool and yes I own one, but... 2 games... Langenbrunner had one assist during those two games. Gionta had zero points.

So, it is you Jordan who has to figure out which way your collection is heading:

What is your focus? This is the first question you need to ask. I've been asking myself this question for a while and it is always evolving. I've been on the fence on what to focus mine on. I like a ton of players who are US born, but not all are (Daneyko, Richer, Grant Marshall, and Kirk Muller are not). I like two non-Devils (Scott Young and Adam Deadmarsh), but both have played for team USA and they both won a gold medal in 1996. So what do I do. But more importantly what do you do?
Do you want a finals sweater (white set has better wear and was worn longer... go figure)?

Ask yourself where you want your collection to head and that will lead you to your answer of what to do.
Game Worn Devils Collector! Please contact me concerning all things: Tom Chorske, Patrik Elias, David Hale, Bobby Holik, Jamie Langenbrunner, Grant Marshall, Kirk Muller, & Brian Rolston.

#248 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:31 PM

Thanks for the advice Matt. The Gionta is actually the white set worn throughout the entire playoff run and in games 1, 2, and 5 of the Cup Finals.

#249 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:36 PM

Thanks for the advice Matt. The Gionta is actually the white set worn throughout the entire playoff run and in games 1, 2, and 5 of the Cup Finals.

Oh... didn't know that. :doh1: Sell me the Brylin then!!!

#250 3CUPSN9

3CUPSN9

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:02 PM

I would get rid of the Brylin rats if it meant obtaining a Gionta finals jersey. In terms of monetary value in the future you will definitely get more out of the Gionta, as opposed to Brylin who could quite possibly never play in the NHL again. Perhaps when you get tired of the Gionta, you can move it for a Parise, or Elias or someone like that.

But I guess its up to you.

#251 KC Devil

KC Devil

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:54 PM

Jordan,

A Finals jersey is rare.....who knows...we may not get back there again (sh!t, did I just say that?). I know for sure that you have been wanting that Gio.....go get it. A Sykora will pop again somewhere....Brylin Rats will probably be gone for good. Is it worth it?

Or, will the Gio be around long enough for you to raise all of the funds (without losing your collection)? Tough call, but I would get the Finals jersey, personally.

Let me know what you do. And that Brylin you sent me........INCREDIBLE WEAR!!!! I love it (but can be bought!!!!!)!

Mike Martin
KC Devil
Mike Martin
KC Devil

#252 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:51 AM

Jordan,

A Finals jersey is rare.....who knows...we may not get back there again (sh!t, did I just say that?). I know for sure that you have been wanting that Gio.....go get it. A Sykora will pop again somewhere....Brylin Rats will probably be gone for good. Is it worth it?

Or, will the Gio be around long enough for you to raise all of the funds (without losing your collection)? Tough call, but I would get the Finals jersey, personally.

Let me know what you do. And that Brylin you sent me........INCREDIBLE WEAR!!!! I love it (but can be bought!!!!!)!

Mike Martin
KC Devil

Take the Gionta... I do doubt you'll ever be able to trade it for a Parise or Elias, but it is a great find if it is the white set. However, Brylin is the ONLY affordible sweater of a guy who has won all three cups. Who else is going to be that cheap that has won them all? However, in the end move it for the Gionta.

#253 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:31 AM

Thanks for the input guys...I was leaning towards the Gionta and your opinions helped push me even further (although not yet completely!) onto that side.

As awesome of a jersey as the Brylin is, the Gionta SCF is pretty unique in its own right and I have always wanted a Cup jersey in my collection.

If anyone is interested in the details (pricing, buyers and seller involved, etc) you can email or PM me and I'd be glad to fill you in.

#254 goalieguy87

goalieguy87

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:53 AM

Go with the Gionta!! and i just wanted to throw in my .02 of jersey collection. i live in wichita kansas, and we have a CHL team here, i have game worns of theirs and my devils collection posted below. Thanks to 3CUPSN9 I was able to get my first devils game worn in the pando...

see below for my jersey collection.
Marty Saved My Soul And Took It Straight To Hell
Jersey Collection Updated 5-8-09 http://community.web...r/goalieguy1987
Posted Image
Co-Keeper of Jay Pandolfo
Keeper of Doc's "A Big Drive!!"
Keeper of Mike Peluso's crying fit in game 4 of the 95 Finals

Keeper of Brian Rolston, Lou's Cap, and Lou's "Don't worry about my cap"

#255 3CUPSN9

3CUPSN9

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:23 PM

Chorske you dont think you could sell the Gionta finals for at least $1,000? If so I would think that any Elias or Parise not from meigray would be obtainable.

#256 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:06 PM

Well, I got myself all worked up at the potential of getting the Gionta and the deal fell through again...for the second time in the past few months. On the bright side, at least I get to hang onto the awesome Brylin for now!

#257 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:44 PM

Well, I got myself all worked up at the potential of getting the Gionta and the deal fell through again...for the second time in the past few months. On the bright side, at least I get to hang onto the awesome Brylin for now!

Last i know Dixon owned that jersey. Who has it now that you are trying to deal with?
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#258 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:31 PM

Chorske you dont think you could sell the Gionta finals for at least $1,000? If so I would think that any Elias or Parise not from meigray would be obtainable.

No not that. I don't think an Elias finals or Parise finals (when it happens... I'm optomistic :pray: ) of comparable value. Just like a Jack Skille (unknown poster I think you saw this) is not comparable to a Stephane Richer. Or just like a Clarkson is not equal to a Rolston. But, I guess it comes down to what you want and how much you want a specific player.

Gionta has had ONE really good year and the rest have been okay (in comparison). Elias has had MANY good years and a few okay ones. If you go by that comparison and I think to some extent collectors do. I've been offer the record breaking Gionta for my Weinrich and I've toyed with the idea IF someone would take the Gionta off my hands or had a decent sweater that I wanted. To me I'd trade the Gionta/Weinrich for a Tom Chorske Devils without even thinking. I've mentioned this to Sean Dixon, but apparently whomever he sold it to (as he had one) does not want to. He has pestered me constantly about the Weinrich and I finally had to say, "Please don't keep asking" and "I'll offer it to you first when I sell it". I plan to hold true on that.

#259 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:43 PM

FYI,

Havelid is wearing Salvador's gloves currently. The name seems to be scratched off or faded off (Salvador can be seen in several pictures). Not sure if he'll get his name on a pair of Warriors or what, but for those collecting him or Salvador. KC Devil this might help you at when equipment becomes available. Same for you DevilinLA...

UPDATE 10th March 2009

HERE IS A PICTURE:

Posted Image

Edited by Chorske17, 10 March 2009 - 08:54 PM.

#260 3CUPSN9

3CUPSN9

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:35 PM

I think I would trade my entire collection for this guys http://community.web...user/beamandpop

:hail:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users