2177 replies to this topic

#121 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:36 PM

As for meigray, I am fed up now as I was last year with the long wait to pre order.

I suspect one of three things has led to the long delay in order:

1)They are THAT FAR BEHIND. Either it is due to all the other company interests that they are involved in such as the Winter Classic, Basketball, Shea Stadium, and All Star Games. The overall perception of them of late is that they are "spread too thin". No one there will support the claim, but before Christmas and going back to late summer, communications with them and collectors was minimal from what I hear. Current communication has definitely improved and they may be "catching up".

2)They might be waiting to see how Shanahan, Rolston, Parise, and Elias play before pricing their items. Obviously the longer they wait the longer the can evaluate each player and price them accordingly. Is this the year Rolston sweaters are a $1000.00? Or Elias/Parise are over $1600.00? Or perhaps Shanahan Devils items are priced through the roof as the last "hurrah" for the NHL and only a few Devils gamers will make the hobby? Only time will tell, but I suspect there is an issue the Devils items in particular to not have done them already.

3) EDITED because it was a rumor and even thought I stated it as being just a rumor, I am critizied for it.

Edited by Chorske17, 08 May 2009 - 03:42 PM.

Game Worn Devils Collector! Please contact me concerning all things: Tom Chorske, Patrik Elias, David Hale, Bobby Holik, Jamie Langenbrunner, Grant Marshall, Kirk Muller, & Brian Rolston.

#122 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:09 AM

As for meigray, I am fed up now as I was last year with the long wait to pre order.

Yeah, it's ridiculous that they don't have the Devils up there yet. Not that I would ever pay full price for one of them, but it's nice to see what's available so I can start dreaming about what might be left for the 2010 summer sale!

I will never grab bag again either, although I feel fortunate that I got a Dandenault, Habs with a good photomatch. Honestly, I think this is the stuff that MeiGray can't move due to the economy, the costs, and/or lack of wear. If I got a high ender (except for the Ovechkin), I'd move it. I remember when they had a Kariya in the Grab Bag and it had little wear on it, but yet they wanted $2999 for it. As "Shaggy" would say, "Zoinks!"

The Ovechkin grab bag is great for whoever ends up with the Ovechkin jersey, but I'd say there's going to be 49 very disappointed people. Even if it were for a Brodeur, I can't say for sure if I'd buy in. The shot at a Brodeur would be incredible, but the odds are none of us would win it.

With this summer's sale approaching faster than I can save, I'm holding onto the cash I have for the Devils Draft Day sale. THe potential to get something I want, is affordible and MeiGray doesn't have it are all there. You cannot get Shanahan, Parise, or Rolstons gloves at MeiGray

I agree completely. I'll be saving my money for the Draft Party. That's definitely the way to go, and if I need to be there at the crack of dawn to be first in line with you guys, I will be. I'd love to get my hands on Shanahan, Rolston, and Parise sticks and a pair of gloves or two.

Buying MeiGray stuff second-hand seems the smartest way to get a deal.

Without a doubt, but in my opinion this is nothing new. I've never paid more than $350 to MeiGray for a jersey. Of my 8 or so jerseys, only 2 have come directly from MeiGray, and both were heavily discounted. I've picked up the others for dirt cheap compared to the retail at MeiGray.

If they want the summer sale to really be good this year... 1/2 off any sweater (including Brodeur) is the only way to go. That intense perceived savings is huge and will sucker many people including myself into buy from them as opposed to having my sights set on the Devils Draft Day Sale.

I really do think there will be some deals to be had at MeiGray this summer. Last summer SUCKED because the 06-07 jerseys were basically all owned by Bob West and therefore not eligible to be discounted. This time around, the 07-08 jerseys should be 50% off or Buy One Get One Free, and luckily, there's a lot of them in stock.

Still, even at 50% off, I might just save my money for the Devils Draft Party anyway. Don't get me wrong, 50% off of MeiGray's retail pricing is a very attractive deal, but there are comparable or even better deals to be had out there from other collectors.

Edited by JWomp, 30 January 2009 - 02:11 AM.

Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#123 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:52 AM

Yeah, it's ridiculous that they don't have the Devils up there yet. Not that I would ever pay full price for one of them, but it's nice to see what's available so I can start dreaming about what might be left for the 2010 summer sale!

The Ovechkin grab bag is great for whoever ends up with the Ovechkin jersey, but I'd say there's going to be 49 very disappointed people. Even if it were for a Brodeur, I can't say for sure if I'd buy in. The shot at a Brodeur would be incredible, but the odds are none of us would win it.

I agree completely. I'll be saving my money for the Draft Party. That's definitely the way to go, and if I need to be there at the crack of dawn to be first in line with you guys, I will be. I'd love to get my hands on Shanahan, Rolston, and Parise sticks and a pair of gloves or two.

Without a doubt, but in my opinion this is nothing new. I've never paid more than $350 to MeiGray for a jersey. Of my 8 or so jerseys, only 2 have come directly from MeiGray, and both were heavily discounted. I've picked up the others for dirt cheap compared to the retail at MeiGray.

I really do think there will be some deals to be had at MeiGray this summer. Last summer SUCKED because the 06-07 jerseys were basically all owned by Bob West and therefore not eligible to be discounted. This time around, the 07-08 jerseys should be 50% off or Buy One Get One Free, and luckily, there's a lot of them in stock.

Still, even at 50% off, I might just save my money for the Devils Draft Party anyway. Don't get me wrong, 50% off of MeiGray's retail pricing is a very attractive deal, but there are comparable or even better deals to be had out there from other collectors.

I've contemplated the Devils leaving MeiGray and truthfully I cannot tell if it would beneficial or not. I see the problems with the Hawks and Habs and think none of them would want that (except with the Devils I can see this happening as they find ways of making things more difficult than need be). Who knows what the pricing would be, but the Red Wings operate a pretty nice system so???

Wait, I just reread the grab-bag info... So the Ovechkin was worn for ONLY one game (3 April 2007) in his second season? Was it to be a "chop" sweater for the hockey card industry? And the percieved value is $7500.00? Call me crazy, but I definitely WANT no part of this auction. It really makes no sense to even get involved.

Edited by Chorske17, 30 January 2009 - 01:18 PM.

Game Worn Devils Collector! Please contact me concerning all things: Tom Chorske, Patrik Elias, David Hale, Bobby Holik, Jamie Langenbrunner, Grant Marshall, Kirk Muller, & Brian Rolston.

#124 3CUPSN9

3CUPSN9

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:42 PM

Did anybody else notice the meigray tag on Salvador as soon as his fight ended? It was pretty cool to see.

It might be hard to see in this clip, but it was crystal clear in Hdizzle.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related. It is viewable around the 30 second mark of the clip.

My Brodeur Game Worn / Used Collection http://www.flickr.co...56946@N06/sets/

#125 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:28 PM

m

Edited by SJP20, 08 May 2009 - 10:33 AM.

NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#126 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:28 PM

Edited

Edited by Chorske17, 08 May 2009 - 03:26 PM.

#127 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:14 AM

SPJ - so did you get the Pando?
I was watching it up to the last second, someone swooped in at the last moment for about $240.00.
hope it was you!
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#128 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:21 AM

\

Edited by SJP20, 28 August 2009 - 02:53 PM.

#129 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:26 AM

Nope, i didn't. It was a pretty good price. I was weighing it as i had my snipe set, but decieded to save and put that $ toward a better jersey. I figure in this economy, you'll see some jerseys coming out of the closet. I've got enough Pandos, so unless any patched ones come up like a Cup jersey, i won't be going for any other Pando.

I was telling Matt although Pando is my favorite player, i just can't fathom dumping anymore money into that type of player and now a lineup scratch in this economy and market any longer unless it's a Cup jersey.

I was thinking the exact same thing.
It was a good price, but as I have a few....I'm waiting for something with a patch.
Right now its easier to buy a shirt than sell one for a good price I think!

Don't worry...he's gonna get back in the lineup!
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#130 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:02 AM

It was a good price, but as I have a few....I'm waiting for something with a patch.

That was a great price, but as you said, what is cheap today could be "overpriced" tomorrow. Sad and scary. Everyone is hurting and jobs are lost daily. Williams and Sonoma called the police here to avoid any problems when they suprised the staff at building here with "Sorry, you've been let go." I can't even imagine. I suspect more will feel the cut soon.

I was hoping there would be a way of getting Mike Mottau OUT of the line-up myself. I was okay with him last year, but this year, not so much. I wonder IF Pando will see ice again with the Devils. Who else are the frequent scratches? Brookbank and Brodeur is on IR... who is in that last spot or is it Brodeur?

Edited by Chorske17, 02 February 2009 - 06:06 AM.

#131 3CUPSN9

3CUPSN9

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:35 AM

Do you have pics of your collection?

#132 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:39 AM

Did anybody else notice the meigray tag on Salvador as soon as his fight ended? It was pretty cool to see.

It might be hard to see in this clip, but it was crystal clear in Hdizzle.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related. It is viewable around the 30 second mark of the clip.

I saw it for less than a second, but perhaps I missed another shot of it?

#133 3CUPSN9

3CUPSN9

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:47 PM

I saw it for less than a second, but perhaps I missed another shot of it?

When I saw it live it lasted for about three to four seconds, his jersey bottom was flapped up for a little bit.

#134 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:15 PM

I'm not sure if this is old news or not, but I noticed today that the 08-09 set 1 jerseys are up on the MeiGray site along with a few preseasons.

It's nice to see they reduced the retail price on a few players (Gionta, Madden, Rupp, Zubrus, Zajac...)

Edited by JWomp, 04 February 2009 - 07:19 PM.

Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#135 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:04 PM

\

Edited by SJP20, 08 May 2009 - 10:33 AM.

#136 3CUPSN9

3CUPSN9

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:54 PM

Nice to see Paul Martins price going down!

#137 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:22 AM

Edited

Edited by Chorske17, 08 May 2009 - 03:27 PM.

#138 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:21 PM

Did anyone see this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...I...1831&_fvi=1

What a joke!!

#139 3CUPSN9

3CUPSN9

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:28 PM

Did anyone see this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...I...1831&_fvi=1

What a joke!!

Oy Veh.....

#140 3CUPSN9

3CUPSN9

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:31 PM

Noticed the same about Parise and Langenbrunner.... There appear to be one set (home/away) of one size and another set (home/away) of a different size. No pictures, so no clue. Curious as to why Lags/Parise experimented with two different sizes of sweaters after last season? And yes, the prices suck as usual for the mulitiple sets... $750 for one of FOUR set 1's of each. Rolston's one or two game wonder white set is $750.00. Great gods that is pricy. I can't wait to see Shanahan's prices...

My big question is now that those prices have dropped are the items I have if sold worth less because of MeiGray dropping their prices? For example... Say I wanted to sell my 07-08 Lags. I know I won't get $750.00 for it, but will the price be further effected by the decline in pricing that MeiGray has set?

I'm pretty sure that Rolstons white jersey had a very nice puck/stick mark on the side of it, which is pretty good for the amount of games he played. I was thinking about getting his pre season or GI jersey, but I'll hold off.

Edited by 3CUPSN9, 05 February 2009 - 08:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users