95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:54 PM

Wow, who's selling the Peter Stastny?!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/...ME:B:SS:US:1123

Edited by 95Crash, 04 July 2009 - 01:54 PM.

#1642 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 01:23 PM

v

Edited by SJP20, 28 December 2009 - 01:02 AM.

NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#1643 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 02:16 PM

BTW...possible shill bid alert on the McKay jersey.

Have a look at the ebayer with the 53 feedback. When someone bids, this person like clockwork bids up in small incriments of $5-10 (sometimes a tad more). This person has also bidded on this seller's stuff in the past with some volume. Why bid up in such small incriments if it's not shilling?

(as of 3PM):

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 63
Items bid on: 5
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 61%
Bid retractions: 0
Bid retractions (6 months): 7

(as of 4:15):

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 70
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 64%

I've always believed this seller uses a shill and thanks to ebay's hidden bidder we can't see for sure which spawns this type of activity. IMO, He's got way too much nice stuff (other then the CC Specials) he throws out there regularly with no reserve to take chances of giving it away.

Edited by SJP20, 05 July 2009 - 03:14 PM.

#1644 3CUPSN9

3CUPSN9

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:14 PM

BTW...possible shill bid alert on the McKay jersey.

Have a look at the ebayer with the 53 feedback. When someone bids, this person like clockwork bids up in small incriments of $5-10 (sometimes a tad more). This person has also bidded on this seller's stuff in the past with some volume. Why bid up in such small incriments if it's not shilling?

(as of 3PM):

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 63
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 61%

I've always believed this seller uses a shill and thanks to ebay's hidden bidder we can't see for sure which spawns this type of activity. IMO, He's got way too much nice stuff (other then the CC Specials) he throws out there regularly with no reserve to take chances of giving it away.

Ebay will catch on to him at some point if this is the case. Anyone going after the Mckay? The price is pretty high already.

My Brodeur Game Worn / Used Collection http://www.flickr.co...56946@N06/sets/

#1645 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:23 PM

Edited by SJP20, 27 July 2009 - 11:43 AM.

#1646 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:40 PM

That's cool about the Friesen gloves Ken.

Anyone else notice the Parise skates from the equipment sale on eBay? http://cgi.ebay.com/...alenotsupported
Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#1647 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:49 PM

kl

Edited by SJP20, 28 December 2009 - 01:03 AM.

#1648 3CUPSN9

3CUPSN9

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:59 AM

Mckay ended at $605 with around 54 bids I think. :noclue:

My Brodeur Game Worn / Used Collection http://www.flickr.co...56946@N06/sets/

#1649 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:41 AM

Mckay ended at $605 with around 54 bids I think. :noclue:

I think both Ken and I were shocked as well.

When that sweater sold from Mr. Doug Reisinger's it was at $700.00... So I would think this person took a hit on it. I only know this because I contacted Doug and he said he sold it. I joked that I would've paid more and he stated, "I (he) was shocked that it sold for $700.00!" It was then that I acquired the Richer 92-93 from him. FYI.
Game Worn Devils Collector! Please contact me concerning all things: Tom Chorske, Patrik Elias, David Hale, Bobby Holik, Jamie Langenbrunner, Grant Marshall, Kirk Muller, & Brian Rolston.

#1650 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:24 AM

I think both Ken and I were shocked as well.

When that sweater sold from Mr. Doug Reisinger's it was at $700.00... So I would think this person took a hit on it. I only know this because I contacted Doug and he said he sold it. I joked that I would've paid more and he stated, "I (he) was shocked that it sold for $700.00!" It was then that I acquired the Richer 92-93 from him. FYI.

I actually thought it would go higher and might have had it not ended at a time like 1 AM on a Monday morning on the 4th of July weekend.

I saw a familiar ID in there once again as well as an ID that i thought was not on the level judging by the bidding pattern.

Anywho, IMO, it was certainly not a jersey i'd lay down that kind of $ for. Hey, on the bright side, at least it wasn't a CC Special he auctioned for a change!

Interesting that it sold for $700 through Reisinger. I wonder if that lends credence to my opinion that this was shilled along as not to lose any $?

Edited by SJP20, 06 July 2009 - 10:27 AM.

#1651 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:34 AM

I actually thought it would go higher and might have had it not ended at a time like 1 AM on a Monday morning on the 4th of July weekend.

I saw a familiar ID in there once again as well as an ID that i thought was not on the level judging by the bidding pattern.

Anywho, IMO, it was certainly not a jersey i'd lay down that kind of $ for. Hey, on the bright side, at least it wasn't a CC Special he auctioned for a change!

Interesting that it sold for $700 through Reisinger. I wonder if that lends credence to my opinion that this was shilled along as not to lose any $?

Without knowing anything more, I don't think it can be determined if it was "shilled". I would like to give people in general the benefit of the doubt, but after reviewing the bidding someone did bid in small $10-20 incriments repeatedly. Not sure what to think, but I have decided to stay more postive.

Doug had both the Richer and McKay for sale. I believe Jason Seidl, myself, and Ben Rufener were interested in one or the other. I went for the McKay originally, but opted for the Richer when the McKay disappeared. The sweater is nearing 20 years old and if my memory serves me correctly, it was well marked up with wear. So that is a positive. I wonder who got it and had I known the ending price, I would've entertained bidding on it because it is a nice sweater from a year that you don't see too often.

Edited by Chorske17, 06 July 2009 - 10:51 AM.

Game Worn Devils Collector! Please contact me concerning all things: Tom Chorske, Patrik Elias, David Hale, Bobby Holik, Jamie Langenbrunner, Grant Marshall, Kirk Muller, & Brian Rolston.

#1652 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:56 AM

Without knowing anything more, I don't think it can be determined if it was "shilled".

Not 100%, but you can't look at the bid history and not go "eh....?.". The bid pattern and the bid incriments from 53 bidder, especially if you've bidded on eBay for 10 years, can lead one to think a certain way. Why bid up $5 in some cases? $10? It looks like careful "bump" bidding. Then the 53 bidder is the high bidder towards the very end, finally, after carefully running bids up for days?

Doug had both the Richer and McKay for sale. I believe Jason Seidl, myself, and Ben Rufener were interested in one or the other. I went for the McKay originally, but opted for the Richer when the McKay disappeared. The sweater is nearing 20 years old and if my memory serves me correctly, it was well marked up with wear. So that is a positive. I wonder who got it and had I known the ending price, I would've entertained bidding on it because it is a nice sweater from a year that you don't see too often.

Seidl was bidding on this shirt. His high bid suggests what he thought and as much as it pains me, i agree with him. I think $575 would have been OK. Remember, Mike Wilson sold a white 92-93 McKay with compatible wear for $475. Now, that was a nice price.

The max bid of the winner could have been $10 higher or $650-700 or higher. I was up watching it and right until the end i had my finger on submit bid, but i just could not see myself paying $650-700 on this shirt, wear or not and my common sense (finally?!) won out.

If this shirt was won at $650-700 and i had to part with it, IMO, a profit would be difficult if at all and i do not think i could sell it easily unless it was to someone who wanted it that badly.

Edited by SJP20, 06 July 2009 - 11:23 AM.

#1653 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:00 PM

Not 100%, but you can't look at the bid history and not go "eh....?.". The bid pattern and the bid incriments from 53 bidder, especially if you've bidded on eBay for 10 years, can lead one to think a certain way. Why bid up $5 in some cases? $10? It looks like careful "bump" bidding. Then the 53 bidder is the high bidder towards the very end, finally, after carefully running bids up for days?

Understood, but really it could've been any number of reasons why the 2nd place guy didn't put a higher bid in.

Seidl was bidding on this shirt. His high bid suggests what he thought and as much as it pains me, i agree with him. I think $575 would have been OK. Remember, Mike Wilson sold a white 92-93 McKay with compatible wear for $475. Now, that was a nice price.

The max bid of the winner could have been $10 higher or $650-700 or higher. I was up watching it and right until the end i had my finger on submit bid, but i just could not see myself paying $650-700 on this shirt, wear or not and my common sense (finally?!) won out.

If this shirt was won at $650-700 and i had to part with it, IMO, a profit would be difficult if at all and i do not think i could sell it easily unless it was to someone who wanted it that badly.

I guess when it comes to parting with something, I just try to buy what I want the first time and worry less about resale less. I've moved very little in my collection (I think 4-5 shirts total in 3 years). Granted, I've had some items for sale, but I would not be "gutted" if they didn't sell. I put the minimal amounts on them and some thought they were still high. As for this hobby: some are in the for the investment, some for the fun of it, and some try to combine both. I find it difficult to buy based upon the future of the hobby in mind. Thinking, "Is this going to appreciate?", "Can I get back what I paid?", "Will I be able to turn a profit?" are never 100%. No matter whose name is on the back, it just doesn't seem to matter and anything can happen.

#1654 NJSwampdragon

NJSwampdragon

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:07 PM

I won the jersey of the incredible, amazing Randy McKay. The #2 bidder did seem sketchy. I know unequivocally who the #3 and #4 bidders were. I think a 2000-2001 McKay went for $550 late last year/early this year.

I was at this game when he scored this goal!
The search for the Grail!

#1655 NJSwampdragon

NJSwampdragon

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:25 PM

I got this too. The 90-91 Albelin. It's pretty hammered.
I don't plan on bidding on anything new on eBay for quite awhile, but was happy to pick up a red and green jersey of a player from the 95 (&' 03) cup team.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1656 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:26 PM

Awesome stuff Geoff!
Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#1657 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:37 PM

I got this too. The 90-91 Albelin. It's pretty hammered.
I don't plan on bidding on anything new on eBay for quite awhile, but was happy to pick up a red and green jersey of a player from the 95 (&' 03) cup team.

Well at least I know who I will be losing out to on ebay auctions on a routine basis. Nice grabs.

Edited by Chorske17, 06 July 2009 - 02:38 PM.

#1658 NJSwampdragon

NJSwampdragon

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:43 PM

Well at least I know who I will be losing out to on ebay auctions on a routine basis.

No, I'm done for awhile. I'm under wife probation. The only deal I'll do is the one that may or may not be in the works, because that is a grail.

#1659 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:19 PM

No, I'm done for awhile. I'm under wife probation. The only deal I'll do is the one that may or may not be in the works, because that is a grail.

Geoff,

May questions:

1. Will we see you at the MeiGray expo to meet and chat?
2. What is "Wife Probation"? Don't drop the soap pal.
3. What is this fabled "grail"?

#1660 cupcake23

cupcake23

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:38 PM

I bought mine and Andrew's expo tickets this morning. It looks like we'll see everyone there. :)

Official keeper of: Kevin Clark, Dr. Murray Seltzer,
The Arena Lounge (outside on Greene and Mullberry), and David Clarkson's lisp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users