9 replies to this topic

#1 #1DevsFan

#1DevsFan

Draft Pick

• Suspended
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 05:00 PM

WHY BAAASTON WILL WIN:

1) MOTIVATION: the team just revolted against their coach Ftorek (sound familiar?), and now this club has something to prove.
2) POWER FORWARDS: Thornton, Murray, and crew will wear down Jerky's old, decrepid, dinosaur blueline (save Niedermeyer and Rafalski, but he's small).
3) "HOME ICE" ADVANTAGE: Jerky has the extra game, but the Fleet Center will be packed and rocking, the CAA will be half empty and silent.
4) LAST YEAR'S KNOCKOUT: As a #1 seed who got knocked out last year, almost never does that team lose the first round the next year. Look it up.

WHY JERKY WILL LOSE

1) MARY "EZ PASS" BLOWDEUR: She wins the Vezina hands down, but I blame Burns here for making the same mistake every Deb coach does.....playing Mary in like every meaningless regular season game until she's blue in the face and has nice tired legs come playoff time. Her 5-hole will be wider than her you-know-what after a Saturday night reaming by Stevens.
2) JERKY'S PP: Well, in a nutshell, it fvcking blows.
3) NO FINISHERS: No talent idiots like Gionta and Pandolfo who get tons of chances and about 40 shots a game produces one or two goals. Jerky's still a one-line team, control them and that's ballgame.
4) BURNS (AGAIN): After dissing Larry Robinson the other day in the paper, the team is divided.

BAAASTON IN SIX. TAKE IT TO THE BANK, LOSERS.

#2 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 05:06 PM

Brilliant and a long read :rolleyes: I hope you didn't write that #1

#3 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,582 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 05:29 PM

I shouldn't question this well thought out post, but honestly:

Of those #1 teams, how many of them lost their best right wing and starting goalie in the offseason?

Do you honestly think the team reads the newspaper?

The FleetCenter's been packed all year, so I guess it would be wrong of me to question whether it will be 'rocking'.

An outstanding exigesis of Brodeur's game, I must say. I remember all the Cup wins Shields and Hackett delivered, sadly they must remain behind us, present only as warm memories. But still, these two are playoff-tested warriors and have always come up huge when their teams even made the playoffs.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#4 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 05:57 PM

Jerky! Heeheehee :evil: I kind of like that...

Posted Image

Why am I so childish?

I'm here for the party

#5 SBT

SBT

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 05:57 PM

Actually, the SBT is surprised there haven't been more Boston flamers on the board.
Looks like we'll just have to wait until NJ plays Toronto or Philadelphia.

#6 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 05:58 PM

Good one, SBT

#7 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 09:49 PM

That was informative. :puke:
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#8 CaptainScotty

CaptainScotty

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 10:39 PM

how about I come and just kick your ass and put you out of your misery, jerky?

#9 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 11:16 PM

You mean that post was serious???? :huh: I thought it was supposed to be a joke. A bad one, but still a joke. :puke:
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#10 Blackjack

Blackjack

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 11:25 PM

Ignore

Yes, I believe I will click you now :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users