handofdoom

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:05 PM

valliquette is better than jerk henrik anyway

edit- lol at the fa.ggot word filter

Edited by handofdoom, 30 September 2008 - 10:05 PM.

Posted Image

#22 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:55 AM

i don't know if this matters, but the rags beat sc bern 8-1 today and valiquette was in goal for all 60 mins.

the rags have 1 preseason game left against Metallurg Magnitogorsk before they play tampa. it will be interesting to see who they have in goal.

Nah it doesn't matter, Bern looked horrendous. Their defense was crap and they didn't generate much offense. They gave up this one goal, it was a 5 on 3, but they had all 3 of guys down around the crease. The Rangers point men just kept coming closer and closer to the net until they ended up like halfway into the zone. Stuff like that would not happen against an NHL team.

I don't know if Queen Limpwrist being out is a good thing for us, I think Valiquette's pads are MUCH bigger than his. When I saw them on Saturday I thought they might as well have made him one enormous barn door sized pad with a hole cut out for his head.

His pads are huge too but I think Lundqvist's are still bigger. Regardless, Lundqvist is better than Valiquette so if he is hurt then it helps the Devils out.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#23 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:02 AM

I don't know if Queen Limpwrist being out is a good thing for us, I think Valiquette's pads are MUCH bigger than his. When I saw them on Saturday I thought they might as well have made him one enormous barn door sized pad with a hole cut out for his head.

Becoming a butterfly goalie is a two-step process:

Step 1: Fall down.
Step 2: Take up space.

Step 1 is why Lundqvist's knees are shot already. Step 2 is why every butterfly goalie in the league has ridiculous pads, Weekes included. Luongo and Giguere are the worst culprits, but Lundqvist is more fun to complain about because it irritates the hell out of Rangers fans.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#24 South Jersey Devs Fan

South Jersey Devs Fan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:01 AM

i know why his knees hurt

Winner! :D
Posted Image
"Martin Brodeur is the gold standard of goaltending -- the model of character, consistency and commitment to the craft. A champion. A winner above all.

"It is difficult to imagine any player who is more universally, and deservedly, respected. The National Hockey League is extremely proud of Martin, his historic achievement and his enduring contribution to our game."

#25 GOLDJR41

GOLDJR41

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:37 AM

Lundquivst is playing the entire game today so I think he's ok.
Langs is the captain, deal with it.

If Doc Emrick, who called yesterday's Bruins-Rangers on NBC, were a national network's lead baseball or football play-by-player, he would be widely known as among the finest in the history of television.

#26 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:55 AM

i know why his knees hurt

cough
It's the whiskey talking.

#27 Cal914

Cal914

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:11 PM

im watching him play right now, so this is fake/illinformed
-Cal
Official NJDevs.com keeper of "Zajac's first playoff goal
Official NJDevs.com keeper of The Colorado Rockies

#28 xxchaznjxx

xxchaznjxx

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:19 PM

im watching him play right now, so this is fake/illinformed

he's already let in 2 goals. we'll see.

#29 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:30 AM

his style is def not good for his knees. he wont touch the longevity of a career like hmmm lets say, Martin Brodeur.

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#30 sameblood

sameblood

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:41 AM

I don't know, after that 4-2 pre-season game, I kept yelling to put Lundy back in. I wanted more goals.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users