30 replies to this topic

#1 CMaGee

CMaGee

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 05:36 PM

Not because of the sellout. I expected it not to be, but was disapointed. We are a small fanbase, and a fickle one as well. The real issue is the fact they handed out thunderstix at the gate. It is not only annoying, but very childish thing. Bring back the towels or even the pom-poms. Anything but the dreaded "cheerstix."

#2 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 05:40 PM

those thunderstix are atrocious. this fat bastard kid banged those all game long constantly. did it at all times. did not stop. made me want to beat the kid with his own arm.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#3 SBT

SBT

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 05:41 PM

Sounds grim.
But they look like so much fun on TV!

#4 NJayDevil

NJayDevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 05:43 PM

Towels will be back.
Official Keeper of Little G
New Jersey Devils|3|New York Yankees|27|New York Giants|3|Penn State|4|
"They are the loudest and most loyal students in the country. They call this place Happy Valley?
That's an understatement tonight. This is definitely the best place on Earth. I have seen Paternoville,
I have seen these students...there is nothing like this in the country."

-ESPN College Gameday
"We cannot rank Penn State University against other schools
in the party school category because we feel it is unfair to
rank professionals against amateurs."

-Playboy Magazine
"You're driving along with nothing and then it's like
cow... cow... cow... 20,000 hot chicks!
That's Penn State."

-Jon Stewart

#5 devils744

devils744

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 05:44 PM

before the game even started i wanted to shove those thundersticks up peoples you know what. it was very annoying and gave me a damn headache.

#6 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,146 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 05:45 PM

bring back towel power

the white out was a nice idea......too bad it didn't take in jersey.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 05:47 PM

When I first saw everyone with those damn things on TV before the the opening faceoff, I knew CAA was in for trouble; thundersticks are HORRIBLE!!!

Towels are great, I've always loved them. I agree, the whiteout was cool too, but they couldn't just keep on giving out t-shirts every night.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#8 SBT

SBT

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 05:48 PM

The noisemakers are a fad.
A fad that quickly spread from baseball to basketball and now, to hockey.
But like all fads, its time will pass.
In the meantime, be patient.

#9 goobergirl

goobergirl

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 05:56 PM

I love towels they really look awesome when everyone is using them and they a great keepsake... I have so many from past years. I bet I can find the 2000 cup winning one from the night.

#10 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 06:09 PM

My kids are psyched for the thunderstix. God help me at Friday's game. :saddevil:
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#11 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 06:11 PM

Towels seem to be the best but what else can they use, any ideas? Other teams have anything good? Maybe I will bring my airhorn tomorrow :uni: It's ready for Shields as he walks by......
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#12 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 06:16 PM

One thing about the sticks, they make a lot of noise and that helps. Nothing beats a rowdy atmosphere. :evil:
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#13 exit_16w

exit_16w

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 06:33 PM

The noisemakers are a fad.
A fad that quickly spread from baseball to basketball and now, to hockey.
But like all fads, its time will pass.
In the meantime, be patient.

Correction SBT, the thundersticks were first introduced at the 1999 Womens World Cup in Giants stadium. And they were annoying back then. I don't know what was worse the thundersticks or 70 some odd thousand pre-teen girls screaming for NSYNC in the pregame. But the fight between the mexicans and brazilians was cool. Back to the original topic, Lou you say you like tradition stay with the towels or pom poms.

#14 MrQuotes

MrQuotes

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 06:40 PM

Towels seem to be the best but what else can they use, any ideas? Other teams have anything good? Maybe I will bring my airhorn tomorrow :uni: It's ready for Shields as he walks by......

chinese poppers!
you know the things you throw on the ground and go POP!

...actually that would be so terrible
Posted Image

Keeper of Newark Arena's first mugging victim

#15 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,141 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 06:44 PM

Ottawa brought back the towels and I liked what they did. They put a towel on every seat before game and the whole arena was white.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#16 NJayDevil

NJayDevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 06:47 PM

Yeah the Avs did that in the Finals in 2001 DR33. It is a good idea but I'm sure the arena can't trust the fans cause I can unfortunately see people running around taking the towels off the seats before the game to be "funny".
Official Keeper of Little G
New Jersey Devils|3|New York Yankees|27|New York Giants|3|Penn State|4|
"They are the loudest and most loyal students in the country. They call this place Happy Valley?
That's an understatement tonight. This is definitely the best place on Earth. I have seen Paternoville,
I have seen these students...there is nothing like this in the country."

-ESPN College Gameday
"We cannot rank Penn State University against other schools
in the party school category because we feel it is unfair to
rank professionals against amateurs."

-Playboy Magazine
"You're driving along with nothing and then it's like
cow... cow... cow... 20,000 hot chicks!
That's Penn State."

-Jon Stewart

#17 devilsadvocate

devilsadvocate

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 06:59 PM

I'm not a large person by any stretch, but I was having a hard time in my seat last night..... bulky coat, thundersticks, pocketbook, beer, toxic pretzel. And of course, always ready to jump out of that seat when we score!

#18 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 07:11 PM

Agreed. Those "thundersticks" are a horrible idea.

Keep with the classic pom poms or towels. It just looks so much better.

#19 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 11:23 PM

We (Caps employees) stole some from the Mystics.

We have destroyed (popped) 4 of the 6 already cause we can't stand 'em.

#20 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 07:18 AM

I could've sworn Ottawa had them in '98. Anyway, I like cheerstix. KEEP THEM. Good for noise, cuz the meadowlands don't make that much. They didn't bother me. They could give out towels too :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users