#1 nick17112

nick17112

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:40 AM

Hello,

I am a devils fan from North Wales. Was interested to see how many people ( ive heard there are a few) who post on the forums. I know I cant be the only one.

:dance:

How long have you been devils fans? me personally only for 3 seasons but I have actually been to a Devils NHL game. In Ottawa and we won - yea baby Marty was first star.

Anyway wherever you are from, the US, Europe or wherever, we all have one thing in common. Love for Jersey's team.

Woooo :evil:
Zach Parise - Gone but not forgotten!!!!!

#2 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:29 AM

Hello,

I am a devils fan from North Wales. Was interested to see how many people ( ive heard there are a few) who post on the forums. I know I cant be the only one.

How long have you been devils fans? me personally only for 3 seasons but I have actually been to a Devils NHL game. In Ottawa and we won - yea baby Marty was first star.

Anyway wherever you are from, the US, Europe or wherever, we all have one thing in common. Love for Jersey's team.

Woooo :evil:

Hello Nick,
I'm an ex-pat who used to live in the UK, I moved to Texas in 1999.
I am also very familiar with North Wales, back around 1977-78 my mom and I travelled around North Wales staying with various friends/relatives. Abersoch and Criccieth and Pwllheli and Rhyl come to mind.

#3 nick17112

nick17112

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:12 AM

Hello Nick,
I'm an ex-pat who used to live in the UK, I moved to Texas in 1999.
I am also very familiar with North Wales, back around 1977-78 my mom and I travelled around North Wales staying with various friends/relatives. Abersoch and Criccieth and Pwllheli and Rhyl come to mind.

Hey nice to hear from you. I live only 20 minutes away from Rhyl.

#4 metalfro44

metalfro44

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:59 PM

I am from the US, but I am studying in Ireland for the year. I guess I count as a Devils fan abroad.

#5 Devilswede

Devilswede

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:53 PM

Swedish Devils fan here...been a die hard fan since 93. I still haven't been to the US to see the Devils play, but that will eventually happen. It's a big dream of mine. :)
I met this really kinky girl last night. "Humiliate me", she said. ..So I bought her a Rangers jersey...

#6 Swede

Swede

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:57 PM

swedish fan here too. currently living in finland (games start late here...) been a fan since 93. but sadly work has meant that i havent had time to post on this board that much anymore... i do try to check it as often as possible though :)

#7 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:58 PM

Hi,

I lived in the UK but it was almost 25 years ago. We used to have a London & Oxford based poster but she hasn't been around for a few years.

I have been back to the UK several times after living there but have not actually made it to Wales, only England & Scotland.
NJDevs.com Keeper of Lou Lamoriello (until he finds out & kills me that is)

Now that we are going to have a season, I can post these...
2004-2005 NJDevs.com winner of the Brodeur, Lamoriello and Howe awards, thanks guys, I appreciate the hat trick.

#8 nick17112

nick17112

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:34 AM

Hi,

I lived in the UK but it was almost 25 years ago. We used to have a London & Oxford based poster but she hasn't been around for a few years.

I have been back to the UK several times after living there but have not actually made it to Wales, only England & Scotland.

Ah good to see a few posters with links to the UK

The awareness of the NHL in this country is pretty poor, with Sky Sports not providing any coverage of the NHL, it is really for the minoroty who are willing to subscribe to extra channels.

Well worth it though.

The NHL coming over to Europe has been good for the awareness, but I realise it is not ideal for the teams who come over with long distances to travel.

The Rags seem to be dealing with it though :unsure:

Damn.

Roll on Monday - lets make them 4-1-0

#9 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:03 PM

I post on here i am from the UK ;)

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#10 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:12 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 britdevil

britdevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:45 AM

The clue is in the name.
[size=2]Patrice Cormier on fighting:[i] "I don

#12 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,867 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:18 AM

G-d Bless the Queen, Nick.

Welcome Aboard.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#13 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:03 AM

G-d Bless the Queen, Nick.

Welcome Aboard.

Isn't that supposed to be "God save the Queen" msweet?

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#14 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:10 AM

(from her own people)

#15 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:18 AM

(from her own people)

As i recall were not the nation that has a habbit of killing of their own Monarchy :P

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#16 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:45 AM

Oops ; )

#17 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:46 AM

I am originally from the UK.....been in the US just over 6 years......but I am not a Devils fan :evil: Half of my (and my bf's) family are from Wales....both south Wales though I believe. But have spent a fair amount of time in N Wales.....for some reason that was always where the school organised holiday trips I went on went.....

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#18 VITO

VITO

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 10:20 AM

Hello Guys!

I'm from Hungary and I've been a Devils fan since '92. I have been once in the States and attended a Devils game at the Meadowlands. It was in March 2002, a game against the Isles. The Devils have won 3-2. It was great!
I would like to go again, to see them at the Rock!

Let's Go Devils!!!
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users