• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Calyptus

Calyptus

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:50 PM

Al right I watch my first NHL match yesterday and felt in love with the Devils. I don't know anything about NHL, but this team just looked great when I saw it and I also enjoy the logo. Cheap way to become a fan, I know!

I would like to hear some things from fans and not just go on google.com and search after "New Jersey Devils", I think it is much more funny to hear stuff from fans. So if any one would be interested in helping me a bit in this thread, then I would be very glad!

I would like to hear about the league (a little bit)
The last couple of years (Devils) Good players, Bad players!
Draft etc.

Please help me to know a little bit more about this team, because im absolutely sure that this team is my favorite!

I can add that im danish and a very big fan of a danish team called "Nordsjaelland Cobras" but you guys do might not know it anyway:-)

#2 Cowutopia

Cowutopia

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 06:52 PM

Things to know...last night's game was awful, most of our elite players are gone except for Marty Brodeur, we had the best defensive team in hockey a while along with some of the best defensemen....man you just missed out on the glory years imo.

#3 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:03 PM

Welcome Calyptus!
What the hell is a Calyptus? :D

You can add 2003 to that Stanley Cup banner you found in yer Avatar. :thumbsup:

This team has always been about the Defense. And it is sed (rightly so) that Defense wins Championships.

The devils organization is an awesome example of loyalty, meaning what you say, and a hard workin bunch of guys.

Look into video clips on youtube odr something and watch the best D man ever Scott Stevens in action.
He is legend in the league, let alone to New Jersey fans.

Look around this site. Poke yer head into some threads and you'll get a feel for them fast enough.

I am amazed you became a fan watching them lose the the Rags though. The koolaid is strong with you :koolaid: (you'll learn more about the :koolaid: with a little study)

Edited by Masked Fan, 14 October 2008 - 07:04 PM.

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#4 Verran12

Verran12

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:14 PM

Scott Gomez is a trader

Edited by Verran12, 14 October 2008 - 07:14 PM.

#5 Cowutopia

Cowutopia

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:43 PM

yeah the traitor made a cash grab.
The Rangers love buying Devils players.

Go look for clips of the A line playing. Arnott, Elias, Sykora.

#6 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,221 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:40 PM

When you watch the games, see that guy in net, number 30? He is... not just from a Devils fan point of view... the greatest goalie in the history of hockey. He will soon become the all-time winningest goalie in history, has 3 Stanley Cup's to his name, and one gold medal, from when he lead Team Canada to the gold. Oh, and another thing, he's ours. Drafted, raised, and now praised.

So welcome aboard, always great to see new fans. Hopefully you'll stick around, because you'll fall in love with the devils (and this site :koolaid: ) quickly enough.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#7 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:50 PM

Scott Stevens was the captain for many years and the 1st player on the Devils to have his jersey retired.

Edited by Prucenterrules, 15 October 2008 - 08:51 PM.

Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#8 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:00 PM

If youre up during a game --- join the game chat and we will answer any question ...

http://www.njdevs.co...ms/?autocom=irc
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#9 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:31 PM

If youre up during a game --- join the game chat and we will answer any question ...

http://www.njdevs.co...ms/?autocom=irc

:clap2: Ohhhhhh Shiney! :dance:

Posted Image

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#10 Calyptus

Calyptus

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 01:12 AM

First of all I have to say thanks to the nice respond on this thread. Didn't expect that much interest! So I appreciate it!

As time goes and more than I learn about this team, more active will I be on this board, so for a moment I just stick around and try to learn some different stuff about this team and history etc.

Im a big sports fan and follow a lot of teams, so it should only be a question of time before i get in to it! :dance:

If any one should come up with some things then they are more than welcome to write it here, so I can check bye now and then!

Happy to be a part of the devils fan scare!....

:rolleyes: :)

#11 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,221 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:25 PM

Not quite sure what a "Devil's fan "scare" " is but I'll drink to that!!! :cheers:

You'll definitely want to check back on Martin Brodeur's stats, because he's now 10 wins away from tying Patrick Roy as the all-time wins leader in NHL history.... it'll be a moment in Devils history nobody will forget, and he'll probably make a save or two that put a stamp on it (i.e, nobody will ever forget when he got his 500th win, because he made that amazing diving backwards glove save against the Flyers to do so)

Here's some stuff about our boards... avoid the guy "overtime98" ... he's not nice :evil: ... if you feel lonely, talk to SatansDevils, who is about as cheery as a middle-aged man can possibly be. If you want to get into a verbal argument, well, then, I'm your guy :evil: ... hmm what else... oh, click that link in my signature that says "You might just win!!!" in it... it's the bestest thread ever... last person to post on it wins. Go ahead, try to win. Hmm... Masked Fan likes inappropriate yet hilarious smiley faces... Prucenterrules agrees with pretty much anything you say... verran12 can't spell the word "traitor" right... and cowutopia treats wins like losses, and does his best to provide us with the cloud around our silver lining.. (but he does it because he loves us).

Sooo, yah. Follow those directions precisely, and you'll find yourself painfully addicted to typing in "www.njdevs.com" every single time you log on to your computer.

Edited by Martysb3tt3r, 17 October 2008 - 09:28 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:32 PM

... Masked Fan likes inappropriate yet hilarious smiley faces...

:haha2: Attached File  buttkiss.gif   6.05KB   14 downloads

Posted Image

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#13 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,221 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:39 PM

:haha2: Attached File  buttkiss.gif   6.05KB   14 downloads

observe:

Posted Image

#14 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,932 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:25 AM

Attached File  buttkiss.gif   6.05KB   14 downloads

You never go ass to mouth!!!!!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#15 kelzluvznjd

kelzluvznjd

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:26 PM

Al right I watch my first NHL match yesterday and felt in love with the Devils. I don't know anything about NHL, but this team just looked great when I saw it and I also enjoy the logo. Cheap way to become a fan, I know!

I would like to hear some things from fans and not just go on google.com and search after "New Jersey Devils", I think it is much more funny to hear stuff from fans. So if any one would be interested in helping me a bit in this thread, then I would be very glad!

I would like to hear about the league (a little bit)
The last couple of years (Devils) Good players, Bad players!
Draft etc.

Please help me to know a little bit more about this team, because im absolutely sure that this team is my favorite!

I can add that im danish and a very big fan of a danish team called "Nordsjaelland Cobras" but you guys do might not know it anyway:-)

you definitely picked the right team...welcome!!!! it sucks that brodeur is gonna be out for most of the year because he is the best goalie to ever step onto the ice. and i'm not just saying that! one thing to know is, as a devils fan --- RANGERS SUCK and we hate them!! :devil: my favorite thing about the devils is the emphasis (may have spelled that wrong) on the team, rather than individual players! oh, and watch out for zach parise - he's becoming quite the star and he's a great guy too!
OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:

[*]PIERRE-LUC LETOURNEAU-LEBLOND
[*]DOC EMRICK'S "OFF THE WAFFLEBOARD"
[*]THE "GREEN MAN"
[*]THE BRODEUR/AVERY HANDSHAKE SNUB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users