1504 replies to this topic

#1001 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,013 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:49 PM

btw... that was post 1000 on this thread.... epic.

Edited by Martysb3tt3r, 23 June 2009 - 10:49 PM.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#1002 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:02 PM

Posted Image

Epic Win.

Or Epic Loss. Depending on which borough you root for.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#1003 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:03 PM

Tony Romo's botched snap or Castillo's drop? Is there seriously a comparison of which was worse? LOL

btw those 'images with titles' are so over-used nowadays :P

Edited by nmigliore, 24 June 2009 - 11:04 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#1004 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:10 AM

No, we're talking about baseball.

And if we were talking about football, you'd lose too. YOU'RE A FRICKEN JETS FAN!

At least he's not a bandwagon jumper and actually roots for one of the home teams. :whistling:
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#1005 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:27 PM

it takes some serious balls to be a jets AND mets fan :P

im not a huge football fan, more of the casual, so i dont get "worked up" about the jets sucking as much as i do with the mets losing.. my 2 main sports i feel strongly emotionally for are hockey and baseball.

(er.. yeah sorry for bringing this off topic! sorry yanks fans :P)

Edited by nmigliore, 25 June 2009 - 03:28 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#1006 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:02 PM

Holy offense, Batman! Eleven runs while Teixeira was swinging a cold bat? A-Rod looking like an absolute beast? Jeter NOT grounding into double play after double play? Me likey.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#1007 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:40 PM

Not to put a damper on anything but some news on Nady that could end up being bad news....

http://riveraveblues...for-nady-13707/

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#1008 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:42 AM

Honestly, I did not expect Nady to come back. Boy that trade looks dreadful now. Both of the principals for us are on the DL. At least Tabata is sucking for the Pirates.

A fun three days here. So many Yankee fans. If you closed your eyes and ignored the fact that it was still over 90 degrees at 11PM you would swear you were in the Bronx.
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#1009 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:57 AM

Tony Romo's botched snap or Castillo's drop? Is there seriously a comparison of which was worse? LOL

btw those 'images with titles' are so over-used nowadays :P

Hey, at least both of our football teams have won a playoff game in our lifetimes. :D

#1010 ZZPop91519

ZZPop91519

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:56 PM

let me be the first to say

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JETE
:cheers:
Posted Image

#1011 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:34 PM

Yankees win game 1.

If Im wrong Ill give PeteyNice a sponge bath.

(edit: well oops.. I meant for this to be in Subway Series thread.. ah well)

Edited by nmigliore, 26 June 2009 - 07:36 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1012 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,124 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:58 PM

Seems like Yankees' fans are seeing the many faces of A.J. Burnett. You never know what you'll get with him. Games like tonight make it all the more frustrating because he has some of the best "stuff" in baseball, and you know you're gonna see it only half the time if that. Very few pitchers in the game can go out one night and have a no hitter into the 6th and strike out ten, and the next game walk 5 batters and give up 2 home runs in 3 innings.

Edited by devilsrule33, 27 June 2009 - 09:31 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1013 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,013 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:13 AM

At least he's not a bandwagon jumper and actually roots for one of the home teams. :whistling:

Is that a joke?? I've sat through Hutchenson, Leaf, Testicleverde, and Quincy Carter.. I've seen so many pathetic seasons and still cheered for my Cowboys. It's impossible to call a Cowboys fan of my age a "bandwagon jumper", because if that was the case I jumped on the wrong bandwagon. The only "home teams" I root for are the Devils and the Yankees, because my dad hated hockey and baseball. He grew up in Texas, so he raised me a Cowboys fan, you pathetic little sh!t.

Hey, at least both of our football teams have won a playoff game in our lifetimes. :D

I was born in 91, november of 91, so my team has won 3 SUPERBOWLS in my lifetime. It was a cute little attempt, though.

Posted Image

#1014 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:46 AM

Is that a joke?? I've sat through Hutchenson, Leaf, Testicleverde, and Quincy Carter.. I've seen so many pathetic seasons and still cheered for my Cowboys. It's impossible to call a Cowboys fan of my age a "bandwagon jumper", because if that was the case I jumped on the wrong bandwagon. The only "home teams" I root for are the Devils and the Yankees, because my dad hated hockey and baseball. He grew up in Texas, so he raised me a Cowboys fan, you pathetic little sh!t.

Wow that was necessary. :rolleyes: No wonder everyone here thinks you're an obnoxious a$$hole.

And what are you talking about it's impossible to call a Cowboys fan of your age a bandwagon jumper? I'm only a little older than you and I remember back in the day everybody had an Emmit Smith jersey. I guess if you're a Cowboys fan because of your dad then you are a little better than that, but that makes you about as admirable as Rangers fans born and raised in New Jersey.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#1015 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:48 AM

I was born in 91, november of 91, so my team has won 3 SUPERBOWLS in my lifetime. It was a cute little attempt, though.

:lol: Yea I'm sure you remember watching them all very well!
--John Buccigross

#1016 ZZPop91519

ZZPop91519

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:56 AM

ummm so yea...

Congrats Mariano

cheers to a YANKEES sweep
:cheers:
Posted Image

#1017 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:39 PM

Molina is coming back soon which will make for an interesting case of what to do with the roster. It's going to be in-between Pena and Cervelli on who gets sent down. Perhaps to make it even more interesting is the return of Ransom. With Nady down for the year the outfield is going to be Damon, Swisher, Gardner, and Cabrera. Ransom is a solid defensive infield back up as is Molina at catcher. Pena and Cervelli have options and would probably benefit from playing full time in the minor leagues until the September call ups (pending no more injuries). The more I think about it the more I think that the Yankees and the kids may benefit more from sending both of them down to make room for Molina and our old buddy Shelley Duncan, who can provide a decent power bat off the bench.

Duncan's numbers this year are good and last I checked he is in contention to be an all star down there. His numbers are 21 HR 64 RBI .288/.365/.613/.978. His MLE's come out to a .501 SLG and .814 OPS. Now obviously thats assuming he gets normal playing time which won't be the case but it does support the belief that he can be a decent bat off the bench.

What are your thoughts?

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#1018 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:45 PM

Molina is coming back soon which will make for an interesting case of what to do with the roster. It's going to be in-between Pena and Cervelli on who gets sent down. Perhaps to make it even more interesting is the return of Ransom. With Nady down for the year the outfield is going to be Damon, Swisher, Gardner, and Cabrera. Ransom is a solid defensive infield back up as is Molina at catcher. Pena and Cervelli have options and would probably benefit from playing full time in the minor leagues until the September call ups (pending no more injuries). The more I think about it the more I think that the Yankees and the kids may benefit more from sending both of them down to make room for Molina and our old buddy Shelley Duncan, who can provide a decent power bat off the bench.

Duncan's numbers this year are good and last I checked he is in contention to be an all star down there. His numbers are 21 HR 64 RBI .288/.365/.613/.978. His MLE's come out to a .501 SLG and .814 OPS. Now obviously thats assuming he gets normal playing time which won't be the case but it does support the belief that he can be a decent bat off the bench.

What are your thoughts?

You can't keep Cervelli up. I realize that it would mean Posada could DH more and that the Yankees play normal baseball but it is still a waste of a roster spot. I don't send Pena down. I like him better than Ransom and he can adds Latino Brett Gardner to his resume with his speed. That is something that Ransom cannot offer. Pena isn't really a prospect. He is Alberto Gonzalez without the infamous name.

So what I would do is this:

- Designate Cervelli
- Designate/DFA Ransom
- Call up SHELLEY!

There. Done.
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#1019 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:02 PM

I see your point about keeping Pena over Ransom but I just don't see the Yankees doing that - at least at this point in time. I think the utility role is Ransom's to lose and in order to do that he is going to have to be horrid in the field which I doubt happens.

#1020 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,013 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:55 AM

Wow that was necessary. :rolleyes: No wonder everyone here thinks you're an obnoxious a$$hole.

And what are you talking about it's impossible to call a Cowboys fan of your age a bandwagon jumper? I'm only a little older than you and I remember back in the day everybody had an Emmit Smith jersey. I guess if you're a Cowboys fan because of your dad then you are a little better than that, but that makes you about as admirable as Rangers fans born and raised in New Jersey.

No, I apologize. I've had a real rough go of it the last few weeks, and I overreacted. PM on the way...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users