1504 replies to this topic

#1061 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:49 AM

heh Bedard has been on the block seemingly every year for the past 3-4 years. Poor guy.

#1062 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:42 AM

heh Bedard has been on the block seemingly every year for the past 3-4 years. Poor guy.

yeah i know, hes a good pitcher too.. i think teams shy away from him because of his injury problems.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#1063 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:09 AM

So this morning Boomer & Carton were talking Roy Hallady to the Yankees, and the core of the trade talks was something to the effect of:

Yankees Get:
Roy Hallady and Vernon Wells

Jays Get:
Joba Chamberlain, Melky Cabrera, maybe Phil Hughes, maybe Johnny Damon

It apparently makes sense from a Jays standpoint because Hallady and Wells make a combined $36MM and Wells' contract is apparently an albatross. Would you discuss this trade, considering the Yankees would probably have to throw in 1-2 prospects as well (Kennedy?)

So this morning Boomer & Carton were talking Roy Hallady to the Yankees, and the core of the trade talks was something to the effect of:

Yankees Get:
Roy Hallady and Vernon Wells

Jays Get:
Joba Chamberlain, Melky Cabrera, maybe Phil Hughes, maybe Johnny Damon

It apparently makes sense from a Jays standpoint because Hallady and Wells make a combined $36MM and Wells' contract is apparently an albatross. Would you discuss this trade, considering the Yankees would probably have to throw in 1-2 prospects as well (Kennedy?)
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#1064 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:47 PM

I really don't want to include Joba in any deal. The rest is all easy to stomach. Damon is in the last year of his contract and I doubt he gets re-signed by us next year, so that deal may be enticing to the Jays.

Obv prospects will have to be included, just as long as they're not named Montero or Betances. If it came down to Joba or one of those two, I'd be more willing to give up Joba.

I'd gladly do it for Damon, Melky, Hughes, and Kennedy + lets see if they'll take Igawa as well.

The Jays are said to want a shortstop though. I think the Yanks only get him as a last resort option (for the Jays meaning) or if the Red Sox get involved.

Edited by ghdi, 14 July 2009 - 01:55 PM.

#1065 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,264 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:25 PM

I'm so happy real baseball starts up again tonight! As soon as I get out of class I am going to sit back with a beer or two and watch the game. WIsh it was a game in the central time zone since I'll end up missing the first inning or two. Pumped up, Go Yankees!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#1066 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:53 PM

Nice win. Sabathia did not have his best but still went 7. Very nice even if watching Damon try to play the OF is terrifying. Wins against a team in first place? Is that allowed?

AND, tomorrow is national on TBS. Hopefully good Joba shows up.
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#1067 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:40 PM

Joba was actually good today for the first time in a month. Funny how he started to get hot right after Goose Gossage expressed his opinion on joba when he was in the yes booth
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#1068 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:11 PM

I love this team right now. Three straight 2-1 wins? And a visit from the pie man tonight? Just awesome. The lack of non-homer offense is a little troubling but as long as it wins. I know it is dangerous but I am starting to believe. Of course something called Sergio Mitre gets the ball for the Yanks tomorrow so that could change. If Wang is going to be out for an extended time, and he had a setback today, I want another starter. I don't want to see the bullpen broken up.

To top today off, the Rangers are making old man Smoltz look old. Three HRs in the 6th for Texas.

Don't forget, this is also free preview week on Extra Innings.

Palin 2012

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

#1069 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:13 PM

I love this team right now. Three straight 2-1 wins? And a visit from the pie man tonight? Just awesome. The lack of non-homer offense is a little troubling but as long as it wins. I know it is dangerous but I am starting to believe. Of course something called Sergio Mitre gets the ball for the Yanks tomorrow so that could change. If Wang is going to be out for an extended time, and he had a setback today, I want another starter. I don't want to see the bullpen broken up.

To top today off, the Rangers are making old man Smoltz look old. Three HRs in the 6th for Texas.

Don't forget, this is also free preview week on Extra Innings.

I have to tell you, since I started religiously following the Yankees in 2004, [before then I was too young to be hardcore] I have never felt this in love with a Yankees team. I'm just so elated by this team right now. And thanks for the Extra Innings heads up :thumbsup:

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#1070 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,002 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:32 PM

So, I was telling my friend how annoyed I was at Matsui this year when.... yeah, you know the rest.

THANKS FOR SHUTTING ME UP, GODZILLA!

After Sergio Mitre (I think?) pitches tomorrow, I'll get to see Burnett in my first game at the nwe stadium on wednesday! Yes, oh yes, I very excite!

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#1071 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,002 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:53 PM

Going up to the game tomorrow... stay away, rain. Stay away.

Posted Image

#1072 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:10 PM

What a great day. Yanks win, Sox lose, and at the end of the day, the Yanks have a 2 game lead :)

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#1073 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:41 PM

What a great day. Yanks win, Sox lose, and at the end of the day, the Yanks have a 2 game lead :)

and next they have a mediocre oakland team so it doesn't get any harder yet
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#1074 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,002 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:49 PM

What, everyone goes quiet when they are on pace for 7 in a row? :P

Posted Image

#1075 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 03:54 PM

A 9-1 home stand. Very nice. Losing Gardner hurts. I am not a fan of Melky. Also, Mitre has been lucky to face two poor hitting teams. I am not confident he will be able to deliver when he faces a real team.

Looking at the standings it amazes me how much the Yankees record vs Boston has kept the Red Sox in it. If the Yankees were 4-4 vs Boston (nothing crazy) the AL East standings would be:

1 - New York 64-34 -- (best record in baseball)
2 - Boston 53-44 10.5
3 - Tampa 54-46 11.0

Talk about running away and hiding. The Yankees are 60-30 against the rest of baseball. That includes their poor record vs Anaheim.

Palin 2012

#1076 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:46 PM

A 9-1 home stand. Very nice. Losing Gardner hurts. I am not a fan of Melky. Also, Mitre has been lucky to face two poor hitting teams. I am not confident he will be able to deliver when he faces a real team.

Looking at the standings it amazes me how much the Yankees record vs Boston has kept the Red Sox in it. If the Yankees were 4-4 vs Boston (nothing crazy) the AL East standings would be:

1 - New York 64-34 -- (best record in baseball)
2 - Boston 53-44 10.5
3 - Tampa 54-46 11.0

Talk about running away and hiding. The Yankees are 60-30 against the rest of baseball. That includes their poor record vs Anaheim.

Yeah, and people will tell you things like "oh, the Sox will make it up when they sweep New York next month" but honestly, its two completely different teams. The Yanks that lost 8 in a row to the Sox are long gone; the team in the Bronx right now will be more than capable of handling the Sox, even in Boston.

#1077 Mike441

Mike441

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:57 PM

dont forget the sox always fall apart in August

#1078 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,002 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:52 PM

God, I want a sweep of the BlowSux soooo bad... I can almost taste redemption. Hell, I'd settle for one motherfvckin win; but I digress.

Posted Image

#1079 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,264 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:15 PM

I really hope there is nothing to these Bronson Arroyo rumors.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#1080 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:29 PM

Bronson Arroyo is owed $11M in 2010 with a $2M buyout in 2011.. the Yankees could probably get Cincy to eat some of his salary but I dont understand why they would bring this flyball pitcher in to such a HR haven (even more-so than Great American Ballpark).. he gives up alot of hits (nearly 10 hits per 9 IP) and he nearly averages giving up 2 HR/9IP... no to mention hes playing in a much smaller market, although he did come up with Boston..

But still, why on Earth would the Yankees have any interest in him?!
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users