1504 replies to this topic

#1281 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,171 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 11:13 PM

Disgusting loss for the Yankees...lets hope they can recover from this. They had so many chances to win the game and blew it. Give the Angels credit for getting the job done. The Yankees didn't deserve to win this game.

woops? :lol:

Fuentes just isn't all that good. Very hittable against RH hitters and an awful WHIP for a closer.

Edited by nmigliore, 17 October 2009 - 11:13 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#1282 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,944 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 11:14 PM

Disgusting loss for the Yankees...lets hope they can recover from this. They had so many chances to win the game and blew it. Give the Angels credit for getting the job done. The Yankees didn't deserve to win this game.

Are you serious? I'm not sure if this is some kind of reverse jinx...but how the heck do you say disgusting loss when the game isn't even over?

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1283 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,950 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 11:20 PM

lol, nothing's ever over, especially in this park. A-Rod's HR is a fly out in like 95% of stadiums. The Yankees do have a magic wand with late-game heroics the way they did when they were a dynasty.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1284 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,171 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 11:44 PM

Ervin Santana has gotten pounded this year (10.2 H/9) and his 1.55 HR/9 is one of the worst HR-rates in baseball. Not to mention a ton of Yankees have at least 1 HR vs Santana in their careers.

Seems like a perfect matchup for the Yankees. They should be able to beat him.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#1285 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:12 AM

Instant classic. If you're a Yankees fan, an Angels fan, a Yankees hater, a baseball hater, live in a mansion, live in a box... it doesn't matter: that was incredible.

Arod is SO not clutch... yeah. I've said it before, I'll say it again. We've got it. It. It.

It could definitely lead to 27. 6 to go, baby. 6 to go.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#1286 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:22 AM

I would've posted here sooner but I was still in shock at that game. Everything that could have happened in a baseball game happened. And, luckily the Yanks came out on top. I love this team.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1287 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,183 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:36 AM

I'll admit it...I'm an a$$hole, a jerk, and a douchebag at times. I wanted to puke, I wanted to cry, I cursed my brains out, felt disappointment when they couldn't finish. It's just because I love and care about this team so damn much! This team won't go down easy and I fvcking love it. It's a privilege to be a Yankee fan. A-Rod is the fvcking man! What a game! Holy sh!t! Yankees win!!!!! Finish this in Anaheim!!!!!

I'm going to sit back and keep watching these highlights chugging some Leinenkugel Oktoberfest!

Are you serious? I'm not sure if this is some kind of reverse jinx...but how the heck do you say disgusting loss when the game isn't even over?

Well it wasn't meant to be a reverse jinx and I did jump the gun and look bad for it....but I couldn't be any happier right now!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#1288 Kicksave Brodeur!!

Kicksave Brodeur!!

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:33 AM

I'll admit it...I'm an a$hole, a jerk, and a douchebag at times. I wanted to puke, I wanted to cry, I cursed my brains out, felt disappointment when they couldn't finish. It's just because I love and care about this team so damn much! This team won't go down easy and I fvcking love it. It's a privilege to be a Yankee fan. A-Rod is the fvcking man! What a game! Holy sh!t! Yankees win!!!!! Finish this in Anaheim!!!!!

I'm going to sit back and keep watching these highlights chugging some Leinenkugel Oktoberfest!

Well it wasn't meant to be a reverse jinx and I did jump the gun and look bad for it....but I couldn't be any happier right now!

Nice game tonight!.... Don't Choke.

Edited by Kicksave Brodeur!!, 18 October 2009 - 01:45 AM.

#1289 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:42 AM

Even if it wasn't meant to be, it couldn't have hurt. If we're losing again the next game late, try it again. Keep the magic going :P
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#1290 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 05:31 AM

2 more and we can put that bitch known as the Angels to bed.

I think Id rather play Philly than LA. I think Philly is definitely better, but I dunno about going against Joe just yet. Tough call! No matter who it is, I hope they end up bloody.

#1291 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:24 AM

If we play Philly, my uncle (Phils season ticket holder) said he has tickets for me for game 3.

Oh, baby baby.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#1292 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,183 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:43 PM

Well you can't win them all, especially when your manager makes some really questionable decisions. The only thing keeping me sane right now is the fact that CC is pitching tomorrow. Yankees need him to pitch a gem so they get the win. They can't let the Angels even this series up. Hopefully Girardi hasn't turned the tide in the Angels favor now. Go Yankees!

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#1293 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:14 PM

Well you can't win them all, especially when your manager makes some really questionable decisions. The only thing keeping me sane right now is the fact that CC is pitching tomorrow. Yankees need him to pitch a gem so they get the win. They can't let the Angels even this series up. Hopefully Girardi hasn't turned the tide in the Angels favor now. Go Yankees!

I didn't understand the yanking of Robertson, and I guess you didn't either. Overmanaging.

#1294 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:54 PM

I knew that they couldn't sweep the Angels. They're just too good. Thankfully, the next game is tomorrow and everyone will have less time to think about this and get their heads into the next game. I still feel confident about tomorrow's game with CC pitching, even if it is on short rest. Big trouble if they lose, though.

I didn't understand the yanking of Robertson, and I guess you didn't either. Overmanaging.

Yeah I didn't understand it either, but Girardi has done a good job with the bullpen so far in the playoffs, so I'm just gonna say it was an anomaly.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1295 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,171 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:15 PM

Posted Image

:P

Edited by nmigliore, 19 October 2009 - 10:16 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1296 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,183 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:54 AM

I knew that they couldn't sweep the Angels. They're just too good. Thankfully, the next game is tomorrow and everyone will have less time to think about this and get their heads into the next game. I still feel confident about tomorrow's game with CC pitching, even if it is on short rest. Big trouble if they lose, though.

I'm also really glad the next game is later today (as I write this). I just want to get this loss out of my system.

:P

Clearly Jeter and A-Rod are friends. B )

Edited by thefiestygoat, 20 October 2009 - 12:54 AM.

#1297 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,183 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:02 AM

Fortunately I didn't even have to research this since nomaas posted this. The offense has been struggling, espcially today with Swisher and Melky missing multiple opportunities. Check out these horrid numbers:

Johnny Damon: .214/.241/.357/.599
Mark Teixeira: .120/.241/.240/.481
Robinson Cano: .200/.259/.280/.539
Nick Swisher: .136/.208/.182/.390
Melky Cabrera: .200/.259/.200/.459

Small sample size I know but then again you can't get a good sample size due to the length of the play offs. Hopefully the bats start coming around and supporting Jeter, A-Rod, etc.

#1298 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,171 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:45 AM

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1299 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:56 AM

That ass-grabbing clip is so bizarre. What a weird dude that A-Rod is. Well, at least he put on lipstick before he did it.

#1300 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:03 PM

I feel like if he was trying to load up the ball, he'd be a little more discreet about it than that and try to hide it at least a little :P But he spits all the time after warm ups, but YES shows it from a different angle so it shows that he misses the ball. Fox's angle is just misleading

He'd have been caught by now if he was loading up the ball

Edited by DH26, 20 October 2009 - 01:04 PM.

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users