1504 replies to this topic

#1501 SC Devs Fan

SC Devs Fan

The News Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:20 AM

The game was awesome, the crowd was subdued almost like they expected the Philles to come back. Was surprised when they won no fireworks or anything - maybe they can't but I was amazed about that. The prime rib sandwich from Lobel's (sp?) was great although not worth the 30 minute wait!
"There is money in the banana stand"

George Bluth

#1502 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:00 PM

Went to the parade today, it fvckin rocked. No: i didn't get to see much: if anything. Yes, I was pushed and squeezed so much I felt like I was a hooker. And no, cigarette smoke doesn't smell good for 4 hours in a row. But damnit, I got rained on by ticker-tape and the sorts, I chanted "BOSTON/PHILLY/GRANDMA (long story) SUCKS" for 30 minutes straight, along with various chants of "Lets go Yankees", "Phuck the Phillies", "twenty-seven", "See you next year", "Get down grandma" (agiain, long story), and "we smoke phillies". I enjoyed every second of it, and I'm glad to say I was a part of the festivities. I feel accomplished, in a sense.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#1503 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:46 PM

haha me and my friend got to ny penn by msg and had no idea where to go other than broadway but we didnt know which way to go to get there. for 20 minutes we were following around yankees fans seeing if they knew where they were going. out of sheer luck, we turned on to 6th ave (ave of the americans?) at about 29 street, then kept walking down about 30 blocks until we got close to a turn for the brooklyn bridge then went left then up again partly because we were just following the crowd. it was such a great adventure. we didnt even care that much that it wasnt our team, getting there was the accomplishment. not that we could see anything either, we ended up seeing a little bit in the far distance and watching the big tv. part of it was because we, being mets fans, understand that with our luck we;ll never see a mets one.

#1504 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:04 PM

CC - contact is for 7-years @ $160M. OUCH!

What a joke. Neither pitcher is worth that much money. They will both probably flounder in NY with all the media pressure and being forced to win and try to make the playoffs.

i'd examine getting rid of matsui

:doh1: times 161,000,000

Sabathia is a fvcking pig and needs to go on a diet yesterday. I am embarrassed to see his fat ass on the mound.

Things can't get anyworse for the yankees.

This bullpen is going to be the death of me this summer.

They are all trash.

They can't get anyone out.

cant stand this team, so godamn inconsistent.

Tex will come around.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#1505 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:18 AM

Posted Image
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users